Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Ledgie

Question $10 extra for 4 songs?

What is the value of the limited edition set? Best Buy is selling SYW for $10 this week, and the limited edition sells for $20 this week.

So...the first $10 gives you 18 songs, the second $10 gives you 4 songs?

-Matt
Old 04-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Yeah, just four songs, which is kinda ****ty given that EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU CAN FIT 80 MINUTES ON A CD!!!!

On the other hand, the packaging is really SWEET! I just got it, and I think I would have got it just for the packaging, which also comes with a little poster in the back. I'm happy, but I wouldn't say the Limited Edition is a must have, but I haven't heard those extra four songs yet, maybe they're really amazing and are worth $2.50 each? LOL
Maybe. But not with me or Christine or Lindsey. Christine and I will always be close; Lindsey just plain doesn't like me. I never had any musical training of any kind. I just had this innate ability to walk in, sit down at a piano, and write a song in five minutes, and go to bed. It drives him nuts. - Stevie Nicks, 1994
Old 04-15-2003, 12:45 PM

This bonus disc, which is rather stingy, was just a way for Reprise to make a few extra bucks from suckers like us. What they're trying to do is offset the low price of the single disc by making the hardcore fans pay double the price for four more songs, even though the second disc adds pennies to their cost. Of course the snazzy packaging does add some costs too.

Once again, the fans get plucked!
Old 04-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

I'm guessing their excuse for not filling up the 2nd disc with songs is the enhanced footage eating up time on the disc (as that was apparently the excuse for the first disc of the VBO collection not using the 80 minutes for the music, or so I heard).

By the way, I got the enhanced stuff on my 2nd SYW disc on the limited edition to play today but when I put in the first disc and the menu comes up on my computer and I click on "Fleetwood Mac extras" in the bottom right hand corner, it tries to take me to a webpage but then I get the "Page cannot be displayed" page so is anyone else having this problem? This sounds similar to the problems that many were having with the enhanced footage when they got their VBO's was that it took them a while to put the footage up on the relevant page or something. So any ideas on how I can get in to this (or is this area only for FM club members (I'm not one))?

John
Old 04-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lightbulb

to access the video clips on disc 2, i right-clicked my computer's cd-drive icon and selected "explore". this brings up a folder listing the documents on the disc, including the videos. you can double click them and they'll play in your default media player.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey, be thankful they're only asking $20 for the LE.

I paid $60 for it. I nearly sh!t a brick in the store when I saw that.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down WHAT A BLOODY DISAPPOINTMENT!!

I'm really pissed. Yeah, the packaging is cool, and the four extra tracks totally rock, but the second disc's "enhanced" cd-rom content doesn't have SQUAT!!
It has the same old black and white photos we've seen and the same videos we've seen from the web site (making of Thrown Down, etc). Nothing new, except they are in color and big.
Oh yeah, and here's the best part: the other thing it has are links...to the stupid tacky official site, and Reprise's site!
Lame.

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 04-15-2003, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I was happy to pay $20 for the Limited Edition. That is only a few dollars more for a nice package and extra songs. Most regular CDs cost about $17.99 around here, so its a bargain, IMO.

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 04-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Limited Edition

I picked up a copy of the Limited Edition of SYW for $19.99 at Best Buy and thought it was worth it for the four extra tracks.

"Not Make Believe" is done pretty much like the demo just jazzed up a bit. Lindsey adds vocals and some splashy guitar work!

The live versions from the AOL Sessions of "Peacekeeper" and "SYW"(no kiddies.... just some nice acappella harmonies at the end) are enjoyable to listen to too.

Lindsey's version of "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" is like a breath of fresh air. I guess you could say it's the sane Lindsey.

The bonus cd is kind of like an alternative listen to the first one for me.

I'd recommend it, and you can find it at Target for $18.88(as I found out after I bought mine at BB) if you're looking for a better bargain.

As far as the enhancement goes, it's just the same clips we've been seeing on the "official site" for the last month or so....don't buy the LE for that..... it wouldn't be worth it.

Joe
Old 04-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I got the enhanced CD but I got it at Best Buy and knowing Target had less price asked them for a price match and they gave it - so go there and ask if you didn't get it already. I paid $18.99 for the deluxe CD and I guess at Best Buy the regular one is $9.99 (it rings up at that but I didn't get it).

Hope this helps!
Lauren
Old 04-15-2003, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
I'm guessing their excuse for not filling up the 2nd disc with songs is the enhanced footage eating up time on the disc (as that was apparently the excuse for the first disc of the VBO collection not using the 80 minutes for the music, or so I heard).

By the way, I got the enhanced stuff on my 2nd SYW disc on the limited edition to play today but when I put in the first disc and the menu comes up on my computer and I click on "Fleetwood Mac extras" in the bottom right hand corner, it tries to take me to a webpage but then I get the "Page cannot be displayed" page so is anyone else having this problem? This sounds similar to the problems that many were having with the enhanced footage when they got their VBO's was that it took them a while to put the footage up on the relevant page or something. So any ideas on how I can get in to this (or is this area only for FM club members (I'm not one))?

John
Not only am I having the same problem, I can't get on to the Fleetwood mac site at all.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the bonus disc a lot. I was surprised "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" wasn't the live version from AHI. "Not Make Believe" is also very good.

The footage of the making of SYW will awesome! Lindsey breaks Steal Your Heart Away down to its acoustic form.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Best Buy is definitely the place to catch a break on price.
The limited two disc set was $19.99
The regular disc $9.99
The DVD-A $15.99

I bought the two disc set and may go get the DVD-A this weekend.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009