The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default audio interview, KBCO: LB talks about EP making, new album, BN, solo work, etc

interesting interview, little more in depth than what we are used to:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...25139286834092

thanks @nickslive for finding this!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

I would love to see EP evolve into an album. I hope they're developing new songs between legs of the tour. I don't think they will have any new songs ready for the Euro leg, though.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

It is so strange to hear him talk so openly about Stevie Nicks even tho he still struggles openly to find and use the right words, lol! And for it to seem unrehearsed is a new one. He sounded very relaxed. No mania in evidence! I like this LB!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
I would love to see EP evolve into an album. I hope they're developing new songs between legs of the tour. I don't think they will have any new songs ready for the Euro leg, though.
After being a fan for 20 years, I'm finally trying to look at it in a different light. If it happens, I will be thrilled beyond words. If it doesn't, then I won't be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
It is so strange to hear him talk so openly about Stevie Nicks even tho he still struggles openly to find and use the right words, lol! And for it to seem unrehearsed is a new one. He sounded very relaxed. No mania in evidence! I like this LB!
I love this new LB of the past couple years, too. He finally seems like he's comfortable in his own skin. He's comfortable with who he was, he's comfortable with who he is, and he's comfortable with wherever life takes him from here. For someone who has seemed so insecure for all of his professional life, it's wonderful to see him at peace after all these years.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Ledgie

Hey everyone! Is this interview in downloadable format anywhere?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1969 View Post
They have Miss Fantasy - which is a band Fleetwood Mac song. They have It Takes Time which is a Lindsey solo song owned by Fleetwood Mac. Dunno about anyone else but I love 'em both and want them added to the set! 25 songs is not too much to ask! Just 15 years ago they did 26 for The Dance!!! But...they are older now, I know and they don't want to play a 3.5-4 hour show. Still....

Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John - if you wanna play the rest of the new songs on tour I ain't complaining tehehehe!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
They have Miss Fantasy - which is a band Fleetwood Mac song. They have It Takes Time which is a Lindsey solo song owned by Fleetwood Mac. Dunno about anyone else but I love 'em both and want them added to the set! 25 songs is not too much to ask! Just 15 years ago they did 26 for The Dance!!! But...they are older now, I know and they don't want to play a 3.5-4 hour show. Still....

Lindsey, Stevie, Mick, John - if you wanna play the rest of the new songs on tour I ain't complaining tehehehe!!!
I love Miss Fantasy, so I'm with you!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Miss Fantasy, so I'm with you!
Good on you. I'm just curious to some of the other fans out there of the band. When you complain about the EP and say things like "to quote Stevie, this hurts my everything".....are you just "hurt" because you wanted a full album? Or are you hurt because you genuinely believe that the songs on Extended Play suck?

I know personally, it sounds silly, but I was trembling with excitement when I discovered Australia was first instead of last to get Fleetwood Mac'sExtended Play on iTunes. And I downloaded it about 0930 am and wow it just blew my mind! It was not the best they had done in a long time because it was the only thing in a long time, it is actually better than some Say You Will songs. And better than Time and Behind the Mask. And better than Stevie's songs on TITN (that's a given) but even Lindsey is making music better than some TITN songs in 2013, in my eyes.

This band still holds so much potential and they consistently surprise me and I don't know why but I think four 65ish year olds on stage doing what they do, you know the whole Stevie/Lindsey comedy routine, the whole play on their relationship making it seem more sexual than it actually is (because in real life, they probably do not have sex at all, let's be honest here, and Linds does not smell Stevie's hair when he's offstage I hope)...it's just so sweet and funny. And Mick loves playing the drums. Even John just loves playing, he's quiet - likes his life kept private and that's his right...but he just loves playing bass. They are all doing what they love. Their passions.

I just get annoyed when people purport to be fans of a music ensemble, group or band and then bag them...it feels disingenous.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting interview, little more in depth than what we are used to:

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2013...25139286834092

thanks @nickslive for finding this!
Great interview. Lindsey is very open and honest lately.

The advertisement before hand was heartbreaking though...the driver texting who paralysed a young boy ...she didn't see him because she was texting "I'm on my way".
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

What do you guys think the 'real' hold-up is with Stevie Nicks and her seeming disinterest in doing a FM record, handing over new songs? Or even for that matter committing to much in terms of a BN release. I swear, we're never gonna get that flipping record on CD if we have to depend of those two!
I think more than anything it's the climate within the music industry these days. LB seems to REALLY want to do something! Of course, that statement could be sooooo wrong, lol! Any other opinions, ideas?
Old 08-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Ledgie

Default Does Stevie write much music anymore?

Quote:
What do you guys think the 'real' hold-up is with Stevie Nicks and her seeming disinterest in doing a FM record, handing over new songs? Or even for that matter committing to much in terms of a BN release. I swear, we're never gonna get that flipping record on CD if we have to depend of those two!
I think more than anything it's the climate within the music industry these days. LB seems to REALLY want to do something! Of course, that statement could be sooooo wrong, lol! Any other opinions, ideas?
I think Stevie does not write much music any more. Lyrics, yes but music, no. In Your Dreams contains songs she either wrote long ago, or she wrote the lyrics but someone else came up with the music - usually Dave Stewart. A few years ago she said in an interview she had not written much of anything in a year and a half. Maybe she's bored with writing music?? Can't come up with new ideas?? Therefore, perhaps she feels she doesn't have much to contribute to a FM album - not like the old days.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise5 View Post
I think Stevie does not write much music any more. Lyrics, yes but music, no. In Your Dreams contains songs she either wrote long ago, or she wrote the lyrics but someone else came up with the music - usually Dave Stewart. A few years ago she said in an interview she had not written much of anything in a year and a half. Maybe she's bored with writing music?? Can't come up with new ideas?? Therefore, perhaps she feels she doesn't have much to contribute to a FM album - not like the old days.

yeah, maybe she needs a lot more help getting material together these days and really doesn't want to lean on Lindsey in that way any more. And besides, their styles have grown in different directions over the years. They aren't musically in tight synch like they were years ago when they were writing and rehearsing and recording together all the time.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think that music has always been the struggle for SN. The lyrics...poetry is her tour de force. And, I'm wondering just how HARD she wants to work anymore...she seems to be invited to do these one-off guest appearances a lot and I think she really enjoys them. I know I do!
I would love to see SN and LB put BN out on cd with a few bonus tracks (2 each too much to ask?) and, why would LB not want to use the fantastic band they used to record BN? I guess Waddy Wachtel's close affiliation with SN is something LB would find problematic? But they could do a nice show, a little talk and make us all really happy! I also wonder just how much overall interest there would be for the BN disc?
Also a little worried that SN is coming to an end with FM. No CM, LB is married with kids as is JM. Anyone else find the almost nonexistent relationship on stage between MF and SN weird? guess I do kind of believe that being with FM on the road is hard for SN in many ways and that going back to them gets harder every time, even tho the love will always be.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB says Warner Bros. Wants New Album

[I didn't think WB was interested]

New Fleetwood Mac Album Up to Stevie Nicks

Russell Hall 09.25.2013,

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyl...vie-Nicks.aspx

In a just-published interview with M Music & Musicians, Lindsey Buckingham said, “The way we do things in Fleetwood Mac is always a political mine field. If it’s not Stevie, it’s me—someone is always causing trouble. [laughs] I know Warner Brothers is dying to get an album from us, even though we’re not signed to them anymore. Stevie needs to come to the table with some material. In order to contemplate a new album, she has to want to do it.”

Buckingham went on to say that Nicks’ positive experience making In Your Dreams, her 2012 solo album, complicates the prospects for a new Fleetwood Mac LP. “She had a wonderful experience making that album,” he says. “She hasn’t said this—this is just me—but knowing Stevie, she’s probably thinking, ‘If I have to write five new songs, do I want to give them to Fleetwood Mac?’ And that’s fair enough. I think she’s feeling a bit protective and territorial about the experience she had doing her solo project. And I can totally relate to that.”

Fleetwood Mac is currently on the European leg of their 2013 tour.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah that's a interesting statement. LB says they aren't signed with WB and Mick was saying they were still "sort of" with them.