The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Fleetwood Mac release a new album by the end of 2010?
Yes 24 27.91%
No 62 72.09%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Well that's an easy one... it's called contracts .
And contracts can definitely be "broken"..

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Arelene you're just rambling. Luke is talking facts about the recording and touring industry. I understand you're coming from a purely fan perspective, which is fine but it is not reality. A saturated market is basic marketing principle and no matter which way you look at it, they have saturated the American market with the last touring schedule. Azoff will know this, Stubbner will know this and the band will know this. I believe they will record again but this will take time and they cannot possibly tour until at least 2012. Being realistic doesn't make you any less of a fan. "debbie downer" give me a break. Luke has a track record on this site as being very well informed and an intelligent poster.

BOOKMARK this thread and his point will be proven!
You're absolutely right! Arlene has this mindset of 'either you're for us or against us,' don't let her ruffle your feathers too much . The reality is, fans come in completely different packages, and we all have different opinions. That's the great thing about message boards... bouncing ideas off one another, and spirited debate. I'd actually say that we as hardcore fans, and nobody else, has the right to critique the band, or to doubt them, or call their bluffs. Because really, we're the most informed people on the face of the earth when it comes to Fleetwood Mac. None of us has the right to demand why another person posts here if they disagree with our train of thought. Let's cherish our differences... otherwise we'd be Stepford Ledgie Bots!

And you're totally right... in regards to touring, the band knows it either has to give it a rest for a year or two after the European leg; or record, then tour behind a new album. These people have been in the music business 40 years, they're not dumb. They are represented by some of the most veteran players in the music biz, who are also NOT DUMB. There is a finite amount of Fleetwood Mac that the general public can absorb. Just because some of us would like more, doesn't mean that the majority of the concert buying public will. The band and it's management, etc know they've saturated the market for the time being, especially in this recession. And as much as I'd like an album of new material next year too, positive thoughts and flowery posts on a message board simply won't make it happen. The band is slow and irregular... they're all in their 60s, they're spoiled old rock stars. They only do things on their own terms, on their own timeframes, exactly as they want it. And you know what? As much as I dislike it, they've earned that right I suppose.

Here's what my personal crystal ball tells me: They'll likely take off a good chunk of next year to recoup from touring, and spend time with their loved ones. Then they'll piddle around finding the perfect place to record, and especially the right producer (if they end up going down that road). Then they'll fiddle in the studio for well over a year. The last time they recorded and released an album in under a year was 1975, so we have no grounds to expect them to do that this day and age. If the band is really going to do a ground up collaborative album, it could take longer than a year. We have to keep in mind, starting with Tusk, the various members came to the table with fairly fleshed out songs. They're saying they won't do that this time around (we'll see). I'm betting *IF* we get a new album, it'll be in the 2011-2012 timeframe. And it could be longer... just look at the band and it's solo members track records. Trust me, just because I highly doubt we'll see any new material from the kids in the next year plus doesn't mean I don't want new material. Quite the opposite. I'm just being realistic. And there's nothing wrong with being realistic.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 10-22-2009 at 01:26 AM..
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Arelene you're just rambling. Luke is talking facts about the recording and touring industry. I understand you're coming from a purely fan perspective, which is fine but it is not reality. A saturated market is basic marketing principle and no matter which way you look at it, they have saturated the American market with the last touring schedule. Azoff will know this, Stubbner will know this and the band will know this. I believe they will record again but this will take time and they cannot possibly tour until at least 2012. Being realistic doesn't make you any less of a fan. "debbie downer" give me a break. Luke has a track record on this site as being very well informed and an intelligent poster.

BOOKMARK this thread and his point will be proven!
Excuse you, but the one who's "just rambling" seems to be Luke, as always! There is not "ONE" fact that he's stated so far in all of his "ramblings"- And if you're talking Azoff, he's already been included in things coming up! Darlin' - i'm not just coming from a "fan's perspective"- I'm stating FACTS, as I have a very reliable "inside source" who I speak with on a regular basis, regarding everything Stevie/FM... I really don't feel YOU are being realistic in telling someone they are coming from a "fan perspective" when YOU, don't know FACTS! Let's find out FACTS first before mouthing off.. k? And no.. sorry to disagree but the only thing that i've seen Luke have a "track record" of, is bullying people with his "facts" and beliefs! That's NO track record in my book! He's a total Debbie downer when it comes to bashing band members of Fleetwood Mac, and members of this board, and frankly I'm sick and tired of it!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're absolutely right! Arlene has this mindset of 'either you're for us or against us,' don't let her ruffle your feathers too much . The reality is, fans come in completely different packages, and we all have different opinions. That's the great thing about message boards... bouncing ideas off one another, and spirited debate. I'd actually say that we as hardcore fans, and nobody else, has the right to critique the band, or to doubt them, or call their bluffs. Because really, we're the most informed people on the face of the earth when it comes to Fleetwood Mac. None of us has the right to demand why another person posts here if they disagree with our train of thought. Let's cherish our differences... otherwise we'd be Stepford Ledgie Bots!

And you're totally right... in regards to touring, the band knows it either has to give it a rest for a year or two after the European leg; or record, then tour behind a new album. These people have been in the music business 40 years, they're not dumb. They are represented by some of the most veteran players in the music biz, who are also NOT DUMB. There is a finite amount of Fleetwood Mac that the general public can absorb. Just because some of us would like more, doesn't mean that the majority of the concert buying public will. The band and it's management, etc know they've saturated the market for the time being, especially in this recession. And as much as I'd like an album of new material next year too, positive thoughts and flowery posts on a message board simply won't make it happen. The band is slow and irregular... they're all in their 60s, they're spoiled old rock stars. They only do things on their own terms, on their own timeframes, exactly as they want it. And you know what? As much as I dislike it, they've earned that right I suppose.

Here's what my personal crystal ball tells me: They'll likely take off a good chunk of next year to recoup from touring, and spend time with their loved ones. Then they'll piddle around finding the perfect place to record, and especially the right producer (if they end up going down that road). Then they'll fiddle in the studio for well over a year. The last time they recorded and released an album in under a year was 1975, so we have no grounds to expect them to do that this day and age. If the band is really going to do a ground up collaborative album, it could take longer than a year. We have to keep in mind, starting with Tusk, the various members came to the table with fairly fleshed out songs. They're saying they won't do that this time around (we'll see). I'm betting *IF* we get a new album, it'll be in the 2011-2012 timeframe. Trust me, just because I highly doubt we'll see any new material from the kids in the next year plus doesn't mean I don't want new material. Quite the opposite. I'm just being realistic. And there's nothing wrong with being realistic.
Uh.. Excuse you as well, but your another one of the "Naysayers" on this board, who also is "Misinformed".. and for your own information... I don't at ALL have a mindset of "you're either for us or against us".. I think your "Crystal balls" definitely need brushing off, once again! And what's funny was, we were actually on the same page before.. WOW..

Sorry - but no matter how hard you and Luke "TRY" to bully me, or anyone else, you will never change my mind on "known facts" that I know to be truths by inside sources... Good try tho..

Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
Excuse you, but the one who's "just rambling" seems to be Luke, as always! There is not "ONE" fact that he's stated so far in all of his "ramblings"- And if you're talking Azoff, he's already been included in things coming up! Darlin' - i'm not just coming from a "fan's perspective"- I'm stating FACTS, as I have a very reliable "inside source" who I speak with on a regular basis, regarding everything Stevie/FM... I really don't feel YOU are being realistic in telling someone they are coming from a "fan perspective" when YOU, don't know FACTS! Let's find out FACTS first before mouthing off.. k? And no.. sorry to disagree but the only thing that i've seen Luke have a "track record" of, is bullying people with his "facts" and beliefs! That's NO track record in my book! He's a total Debbie downer when it comes to bashing band members of Fleetwood Mac, and members of this board, and frankly I'm sick and tired of it!
I do think you need to give David's opinion a little credit, though, considering he's been to so many shows (impressive, by the way-- TOTALLY JEALOUS). And I'm actually with the guys on this one. :/ I don't think anyone is trying to bully you in this particular situation, Arlene, but instead they are trying to show you that Fleetwood Mac can't survive without some organization and strategizing.

Cheer up! The band is going to do what they want to do and all the speculation in the world isn't going to change that.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I do think you need to give David's opinion a little credit, though, considering he's been to so many shows (impressive, by the way-- TOTALLY JEALOUS).
I always love DavidMn's posts.. and I have given it credit.. In fact I loved the fact he's been to 23 shows, as that speaks volumes!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Arlene sweetheart, I like you, but I feel you're off base just a bit here. There's no need to overreact to Luke or anyone else here. I honestly dont feel he's a downer, and this isnt because he's my bff or anything like that. I like what he brings to this board and I don't feel there's any maliciousness in his posts. I'm not trying to take sides here, but I just dont want some flame war to start quite honestly because I like both of you, that's all.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Arlene, You're accusing Luke about bullying, after that post...oh the irony! Grow up. and let's not play that "i know inside people" card it just comes across as desperate and a little how would you say "debbie downer"

Pathetic
Old 10-22-2009, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do think you need to give David's opinion a little credit, though, considering he's been to so many shows (impressive, by the way-- TOTALLY JEALOUS). And I'm actually with the guys on this one. :/ I don't think anyone is trying to bully you in this particular situation, Arlene, but instead they are trying to show you that Fleetwood Mac can't survive without some organization and strategizing.

Cheer up! The band is going to do what they want to do and all the speculation in the world isn't going to change that.
Hey Dani..

Though I do see a few valid points, I'm totally being "bullied" as it's very clear, and it's fine, as I just laugh and go on.. It will never change "facts" which have been stated to me by MY inside sources! Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and every group, be it in the business for 2 years- to 50 years needs organization and stategizing.. I'm not disagreeing with that at ALL..What I'm disagreeing with, is the negative idea that is being tossed around about how Fleetwood Mac is on their last legs and performing their "farewell tour".. They are FAR from that status..

Old 10-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, so I'll bite here. I know you love to bait people, and like a dummy, I always play along . Do divulge your factual evidence and/or experience that proves Fleetwood Mac will indeed record and release a new album in the next 12 months. No hiding behind "I have an inside source" crap, explain in your beloved FACTS exactly why we'll be getting an album so quickly. Trust me, I'd loooooove to be proven wrong and we all get a surprise Mac album next year. I'll eat crow and smile with it stuck between my teeth if I'm wrong! But history an experience tells me we can't be expecting a new album so soon...
Old 10-22-2009, 01:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Arlene, You're accusing Luke about bullying, after that post...oh the irony! Grow up. and let's not play that "i know inside people" card it just comes across as desperate and a little how would you say "debbie downer"

Pathetic
Yes I am.. I've seen him do it a LOT on this board.. I'm not 18 hun.. I've been on fan boards for years.. and I've seen it all..No irony, as I'm not "bullying him" at all! If you go back and read my posts.. I refer to him as "my friend".. I don't consider that "bullying" anyone! I think YOU are the one who needs to grow up! Sorry, but you aren't going to win any tennis matches with me, so it's time for you to move on and try to "impress" someone else.. It isn't phasing me in the least..

Old 10-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey Dani..

Though I do see a few valid points, I'm totally being "bullied" as it's very clear, and it's fine, as I just laugh and go on.. It will never change "facts" which have been stated to me by MY inside sources! Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and every group, be it in the business for 2 years- to 50 years needs organization and stategizing.. I'm not disagreeing with that at ALL..What I'm disagreeing with, is the negative idea that is being tossed around about how Fleetwood Mac is on their last legs and performing their "farewell tour".. They are FAR from that status..
I don't think that's what Luke was saying at all... he was saying that the band needs to strategize before they go on tour again so they can continue to be successful for years to come.

Also, this inside source thing is intriguing. Care to share more about that? It will help us understand you a little more on this topic.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok, so I'll bite here. I know you love to bait people, and like a dummy, I always play along . Do divulge your factual evidence and/or experience that proves Fleetwood Mac will indeed record and release a new album in the next 12 months. No hiding behind "I have an inside source" crap, explain in your beloved FACTS exactly why we'll be getting an album so quickly. Trust me, I'd loooooove to be proven wrong and we all get a surprise Mac album next year. I'll eat crow and smile with it stuck between my teeth if I'm wrong! But history an experience tells me we can't be expecting a new album so soon...
Ok.. well that's great that you like to be proven wrong.. as you will be. I'm not about to "divulge" a thing.. as I don't need to. All I will say at this time, is it was stated to me by someone in their camp- and again, we can play tennis all night long... but you won't win hun.. You can trust me on this one!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think that's what Luke was saying at all... he was saying that the band needs to strategize before they go on tour again so they can continue to be successful for years to come.
Well, that's not at all what I read in his posts.. I feel everyone needs organization and great management, which they have.. There's a lot more of what he said that I completely and utterly disagree with..

Old 10-22-2009, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Also, this inside source thing is intriguing. Care to share more about that? It will help us understand you a little more on this topic.
And actually he did state that, about this next tour being Fleetwood Mac's "farewell tour".. That isn't going to happen for a LONG time to come..