Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I remember reading somewhere that Lindsey said "Stevie had the need for variety in her blood." I am not sure if this is a direct quote or not. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Anyway if Stevie was really like that it might have been an issue with Lindsey. He was very jealous but he might of had reason to be that way.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Lindsey said "Stevie had the need for variety in her blood." I am not sure if this is a direct quote or not. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Anyway if Stevie was really like that it might have been an issue with Lindsey. He was very jealous but he might of had reason to be that way.
I can't think of a quote like that from him. But Stevie did say she left Lindsey for several months. I think she went back to Northern California for awhile. She dated others during that time. At least she has mentioned one guy she dated. Plus, they lived with a lot of different people when they were a couple. I think they may have lived with Robin at one time, but most of the other people they lived with were men. Not to mention the men he had around the house with him (Warren, Waddy, etc.) during the day. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he had reason to be a little green-eyed. I think he's more monogamous by nature. Not because he's more ethical, but maybe because it's just easier with him to be with one person. He likes sameness that much.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 10-19-2009 at 11:35 AM..
Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think he's more monogamous by nature. Not because he's more ethical, but maybe because it's just easier with him to be with one person. He likes sameness that much.
I think its partially posessiveness.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Total posessiveness.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Yes, but a lot of people are possessive without being monogamous. They want the other person to belong to them completely, but they don't want any strings placed on themselves. Lindsey is not that way. He's open to being possessed himself. I mean, who knows. Maybe he wasn't faithful, but Carol Ann claims he was in her book (which doesn't seem realistic to the readers) and Stevie didn't think he was cheating on her either, while they were together. Although she feared that he might be lured away when he left. Hence, Kind of Woman was written.

Michele
Old 10-19-2009, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Forget about the '76-'77 break-up, I want to hear if there is anything we can find out about a possible '97-'98 make-up.
**nods head vigorously**

nothing happened that year my ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And Under the Skin is full of that too.

UTS is Lindsey's TISL for shure!
LOTS of material was spawned from the Dance tour
and what, they just miraculous BOTH happen to write all these
heavy songs coz NOTHING happened????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Total posessiveness.
Lindsey's a libra. of course he's possessive :P
but i think he was more jealous than anything
Stevie sums up how i think she viewed their relationship in Smile At You
though i reckon some part of her has always regretted it

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 10-19-2009 at 02:11 AM..
Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 AM
Registered

Since there's a thread and all for this, I've wondered about the meaning of the famous 'packin up, shackin up's all you wanna do' line... It could mean:
a) he's packing up because all she wants to do is live with him and not commit to marriage
b) she's packing up because she wants to go shack up with other guys and not with him!
c) He's packing up, because she's been shackin up with someone else behind his back

I always kind of took it as reason (a) but it really isn't clearly stated, is it?

Or, for anyone who's seen 'Postcards From The Edge' I could pose this query as,
"It could be: 1.... 2.... or (c)" ** or was it, "A...B...or 3"-- whichever
Carrie Fisher's a fun writer. She recently commented about the cruelties of the Internet on her blog, saying how she got all flustered because some guy had written online that she "used to be hot, but now she looks like Elton John!"

Last edited by Nikolaj; 10-19-2009 at 02:38 AM..
Old 10-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
Since there's a thread and all for this, I've wondered about the meaning of the famous 'packin up, shackin up's all you wanna do' line... It could mean:
a) he's packing up because all she wants to do is live with him and not commit to marriage
b) she's packing up because she wants to go shack up with other guys and not with him!
c) He's packing up, because she's been shackin up with someone else behind his back

I think the line means that sleeping with someone and then leaving is "all you want to do". And the term "shackin' up" would refer more to sex than cohabitation. Stevie said Lindsey knew that line was not true even when he wrote it and insists she never shacked up with anyone else when she was with him.

Michele
Old 10-19-2009, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
Haha, Alexa, cus it's funny! I will, I will....but I keep forgetting to ask Sara what I can and cannot say that I know, haha. I will call her tonight and take notes as to what I may be allowed to speak of, ha. Seriously.
whose your source? haha
Old 10-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
whose your source? haha
Her source is Sara Fleetwood.

It's interesting to speculate on the entire relationship - mainly because it's so fascinating. I've never heard or seen of another ex-couple who remained so much still in one another's lives (business or not), without children, 30-something years after they split up. Amazing.

Anyway, I don't think Lindsey had reason to be upset with Stevie over his friends that much - except I do wonder about Keith Olsen. That's one guy who has not remained friendly with Lindsey....

As for GYOW, 'packin' up, shackin' up' wasn't even added until later. It was originally performed live without that line. I think stuff went down between them, but I think what we never really heard about was them getting back together... not that it was necessarily the same as it had been....but I tend to think they were definitely on/off for several years after the whole "Rumours" thing...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Ahh! I feel like I have so much to say about this, but I'm at work already this morning, so it will have to wait until later. Dani, this thread goes great with our conversation! :-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

It's interesting to speculate on the entire relationship - mainly because it's so fascinating. I've never heard or seen of another ex-couple who remained so much still in one another's lives (business or not), without children, 30-something years after they split up. Amazing.

Anyway, I don't think Lindsey had reason to be upset with Stevie over his friends that much - except I do wonder about Keith Olsen. That's one guy who has not remained friendly with Lindsey....

As for GYOW, 'packin' up, shackin' up' wasn't even added until later. It was originally performed live without that line. I think stuff went down between them, but I think what we never really heard about was them getting back together... not that it was necessarily the same as it had been....but I tend to think they were definitely on/off for several years after the whole "Rumours" thing...
^ That last sentence is what I'm actually most interested in I mean it's been implied by both Stevie and Lindsey that they were on/off at least up untill Tango I just want one of them to finally admit it.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

Exactly. I can't think of any couple that 30+ years after they've broken up, are still working together, keeping in touch, etc.. when essentially, neither really has to.

Interesting. I wonder what happened there. Have we heard at all from Keith Olsen about why they haven't stayed in touch?

Or on/off for 25+ years, with a 10 year break in between Tango and The Dance, depending on who you believe, and how much faith you put in speculation about their relationship. I feel like they always fell back to each other all those years, no matter who they were with. Maybe they didn't consider it cheating if they were with each other. (although, I don't know how you could justify it as not cheating, but stranger things have happened.) Now, Lindsey's married, and Stevie can't seem to stop talking about how he wasn't the love of her life. Lindsey this, Lindsey that, Lindsey and I this, Lindsey and I that. Hmm... Sounds as if someone can't give up the thought that she missed out on this calmer, gentler, father Lindsey who is supposedly so very different than how he was before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 10-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just wanted to add her quote from the '80 Rolling Stone article to further the theory that she broke up with him.

Also...any excuse to share this quote because it makes me laugh every time I read it!

In an hour or so, things are edgy again. New material isn't working out. Serious drinking is under way. Stevie Nicks comes over during a short break.

"That song!" She is talking about "Go Your Own Way," Buckingham's song.

"The harmony part is too high and I have to hurt and strain every time I sing it." She is upset, a little tipsy. She leans forward and whispers something to me in a voice that seems to silly to be serious.

"Now, I want you to know-that line about 'shacking up'? I never shacked up with anybody when I was with him! People will hear the song and think that! I was the one who broke up with him."

She smiles conspiratorially.

"All he wanted to do was fall asleep with that guitar."
Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
I think the packin' up shackin' up is her always wanting to go on the road and have that wanderlust. And then there's the solo career. There was a certain restlessness about her back in the day when she lived for her career. I think she's learned how to relax and slow down now. It goes back to what I said in the other thread about her seeming aversion to long term romantic commitments.