User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
On Friday night longer showing of Jools Holland...the interview with Christine is MUCH longer.
She talks of her Blues background and Chicken Shack.
YEs Fleetwood mac will be touring next year.
No Stevie is n't on the new Album, she had other projects.
Get copying whoever is able....this is far more interesting .

Xhector if you can for all US fans.

I've just watched the extended interview with Christine.

To echo Sue this is a much more interesting interview. In fact its not an extended version of the previous interview, it looks as if it was an altogether different take, except slightly longer. Some of the questions are phrased differently. The snippets of Chris and Lindsey in the studio is slightly longer and ends with the smiley hug that was on the recently released tour promo (only its slightly extended; Christine playfully strokes Lindsey's head/face).

There's not really any new info in the interview but its more detailed. Jools says there's a Fleetwood Mac tour next year and Chris says 'that is correct' and then adds 'hopefully'.

Chris: I love working with Lindsey, we have a good musical connection, we always have had. I love him working on my songs, I love his guitar playing.

The interview ends on a nice humorous note. She's asked what advice she'd give Ed Sheeran. She says 'stay on your own mate'.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-22-2017, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dear Homer,
May I ask you, and I am being serious, when your dislike for Stevie first happened?
Did it creep up on you, or was there one moment when you thought,"you know this woman is just about the obnoxious thing on the planet"
I ask out of true interest and am not taking the p**ss.
(I can take her or leave her, but I really like the 70's version of Stevie.)

If you don't want to answer, just tell me to do one, I'll understand.

Sue
I used to love her, 1975-1985. Bella Donna is a masterpiece, IMO. But then her recordings became sub par, and she became a caricature of herself.

And these days, she WANTS to call the shots with FM, but she can't. Which(IMO) is why she isn't on this new effort. "If I can't have my way, I just won't play!"

Not to mention her fan base, many of whom think she can do no wrong. Truth be told, their worship fueled my dislike, to what it is today.

So yeah, my dislike began with OSOTM, and has grown significantly over the years.

I can't tell you how excited I am to see Lindsey and Chris in June. I TRULY think they're going to enjoy this "duets" tour more than anything they've ever done. No band politics, no stress.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I used to love her, 1975-1985. Bella Donna is a masterpiece, IMO. But then her recordings became sub par, and she became a caricature of herself.

And these days, she WANTS to call the shots with FM, but she can't. Which(IMO) is why she isn't on this new effort. "If I can't have my way, I just won't play!"

Not to mention her fan base, many of whom think she can do no wrong. Truth be told, their worship fueled my dislike, to what it is today.

So yeah, my dislike began with OSOTM, and has grown significantly over the years.

I can't tell you how excited I am to see Lindsey and Chris in June. I TRULY think they're going to enjoy this "duets" tour more than anything they've ever done. No band politics, no stress.

Thanks for that..
And I think you are right about the forth coming "duets" tour.
A breath of fresh air. Which will be welcome. Am very jealous of my US buddies.

Oh and no Mick whipping up some kind of non existent magic and chemistry
between LB and SN...
Old 04-22-2017, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for that..
And I think you are right about the forth coming "duets" tour.
A breath of fresh air. Which will be welcome. Am very jealous of my US buddies.

Oh and no Mick whipping up some kind of non existent magic and chemistry
between LB and SN...
Wish you could magically pop over for a show. Nashville tickets for the general public (not presale) just went on sale 38 minutes ago, and my friends just got 6th row, off to Christine's side(assuming she'll be stage right, like with FM). A different friend got me 4th row center, this past Monday Morning(I had to capitalize it! lol). I'm so excited for this show!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I've always felt that Lindsey sees her pretension. She speaks about herself like she's some entity. It's really annoying.
he's known her since she was 17, if he can't see her pretension, he'd be a complete and utter idiot. Actually, when he said she fancied herself a poet, even as a teenager, I think he was quietly saying that she was pretentious even then. But lovable. And she did have lovable traits for a very long time. It's only recently that we don't see them as much in interviews. The interviews focus on her iconic, legendary status more than they did in the old days, so you see her playing that role, rather than showing her more human qualities like she did in the old interviews. Those made up for the bombast in the past.

I am sure Lindsey loves her and that they all do. Are they fed up as well? Naturally.

If I were them, I would actually embrace the question of why it is almost all FM on the album. I would just say that Stevie didn't want to record. Will it anger her? Well, probably, but she has said she didn't want to record herself. It's no secret. Furthermore, even if she is angry, it would not be angry enough for her to not tour with them a last time. She wants the tour money as much as they do.

I am sick of them always playing it so safe.

Michele
Old 04-22-2017, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhector View Post
Hey I made a video! with a screen capture program.

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/854kla...ls_Holland.wmv
That was wonderful of you.

Michele
Old 04-22-2017, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wish you could magically pop over for a show. Nashville tickets for the general public (not presale) just went on sale 38 minutes ago, and my friends just got 6th row, off to Christine's side(assuming she'll be stage right, like with FM). A different friend got me 4th row center, this past Monday Morning(I had to capitalize it! lol). I'm so excited for this show!!!!!!!

🤗🤗🤗🤢🤢🤗🤗🤗very happy for you and a tad jealous.
Maybe they'll play The UK in late summer.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
🤗🤗🤗🤢🤢🤗🤗🤗very happy for you and a tad jealous.
Maybe they'll play The UK in late summer.
Thank you. There are still(55 minutes after going on sale) 8th row center available, so I'm scared(for them) that it might not be selling that well. Hope I'm wrong!

I mean, I'm thrilled with my seat, but I want this tour to be a big success for them.
Old 04-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe it's nicotine gum.

I saw her writing "you are the sky" lyrics. No. I don't want those.

Well, at least the host spoke to her and it didn't turn into a Lindsey Buckingham What's Up With That!

Michele
Old 04-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Same here. I used to like her not so many months ago. But her fan base (together with her recent attitude towards the band/the album) made me slowly dislike her. I really don't get her. Why the need to control everything when you know you can't and you shouldn't?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And she did have lovable traits for a very long time. It's only recently that we don't see them as much in interviews. The interviews focus on her iconic, legendary status more than they did in the old days, so you see her playing that role, rather than showing her more human qualities like she did in the old interviews. Those made up for the bombast in the past.
One would say with age you soften, but that's not the case here. I'm thinking that what we see now is how she probably was during Rumours.

Quote:
I am sure Lindsey loves her and that they all do. Are they fed up as well? Naturally.
Hard to switch off the 'love' button, but with time ... and merits.

Quote:
If I were them, I would actually embrace the question of why it is almost all FM on the album. I would just say that Stevie didn't want to record. Will it anger her? Well, probably, but she has said she didn't want to record herself. It's no secret. Furthermore, even if she is angry, it would not be angry enough for her to not tour with them a last time. She wants the tour money as much as they do.

I am sick of them always playing it so safe.
As much as I think Lindsey was the one who had enough with her and went ahead with the duets album, I also think he's the one who asks the rest of the band to avoid "is it an FM album?" question. Because of that love you talked about earlier.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Same here. I used to like her not so many months ago. But her fan base (together with her recent attitude towards the band/the album) made me slowly dislike her. I really don't get her. Why the need to control everything when you know you can't and you shouldn't?
Because she wanted to be a star, not a cleaning lady.

I'm sure she was a nice person, at some point in her life.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As much as I think Lindsey was the one who had enough with her and went ahead with the duets album, I also think he's the one who asks the rest of the band to avoid "is it an FM album?" question. Because of that love you talked about earlier.
nope. pretty sure it's Mick.

and others play along because.......... well i have to suspect because of huge truckloads of money they can make touring as 5 next year. i love that BuckVie tour promos have fleetwood mac and their biggest hits interspersed with the new songs in just the right amount. something LB probably wanted since 2009.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nope. pretty sure it's Mick.

and others play along because.......... well i have to suspect because of huge truckloads of money they can make touring as 5 next year. i love that BuckVie tour promos have fleetwood mac and their biggest hits interspersed with the new songs in just the right amount. something LB probably wanted since 2009.
I'm sure they ALL love money. Not just Mick and Stevie. Hey, who doesn't love money?

And I'm so unbelievably happy for Lindsey. He's finally doing what he wants. And with a talented lady by her side.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure they ALL love money. Not just Mick and Stevie. Hey, who doesn't love money?

Peter Green

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood