The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And why, exactly, does it matter if someone has had plastic surgery, or even if a cover photo has been retouched? What THE HELL does that have to do with THE MUSIC??????
Old 04-12-2017, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
And why, exactly, does it matter if someone has had plastic surgery, or even if a cover photo has been retouched? What THE HELL does that have to do with THE MUSIC??????
Well the name of this thread is not about the music but about promotion...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
at the moment we don't have any music...... all we have are photos, so they are being discussed.

When we actually have music to listen to, I'm sure the conversation will be all about the songs.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Ledgie

Default New Album

The new Album with Song listings and and interior CD photos is listed on Amazon.

Only 10 Songs
Old 04-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say You Will View Post
The new Album with Song listings and and interior CD photos is listed on Amazon.

Only 10 Songs
As God intended. (it's vinyl-ready)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very disappointed with Chris and Lindsey as far as social media is concerned. Chris' Twitter account doesn't have any mention of the new album or website. I know she's not exactly a major tweeter but if she's going to have an official account then she should at least use it a bit (or get somebody else to update it). She could at least have it updated to coincide with her first music release in 14 years!!!

Lindsey's Twitter at least has a link to the website and the Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie album imagery as a profile header. Nothing aside from that though- no mention of the single release.

Come on guys, get with the times

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Very disappointed with Chris and Lindsey as far as social media is concerned. Chris' Twitter account doesn't have any mention of the new album or website. I know she's not exactly a major tweeter but if she's going to have an official account then she should at least use it a bit (or get somebody else to update it). She could at least have it updated to coincide with her first music release in 14 years!!!

Lindsey's Twitter at least has a link to the website and the Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie album imagery as a profile header. Nothing aside from that though- no mention of the single release.

right on. I mean, Lindsey has kids who i'm sure are super social media savvy. At least ask them!! Do they think their core audience is too old and clueless? Geesh
Old 04-12-2017, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Very disappointed with Chris and Lindsey as far as social media is concerned.
yes, i'm very disappointed with whoever they are paying to tweet for them. that tweet is an embarrassment. whoever is tweeting obviously doesn't know how to post so that pic when coming on tweetstreams doesn't have their heads cut off. all the places that retweeted their tweet instead of just reposting the pic appropriately have that embarrassing image without heads now, unless you actually click on it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2017, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

fleetwood mac official account retweeted the tweet though - and that one has much more impact than their individual ones (i don't think Lindsey's twitter is even connected to him now, if it ever was). Lindsey's official facebook as well as Fleetwood Mac official facebook posted it.

i'm more upset with buckvie twitter being so incompetent (tweet all accounts retweeted is that embarrassing one- see my post above). any of us would have done better job. buckvie facebook seems to be doing better though.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Alert the world! I showed a good friend and huge FM FAN today the cover of the album. (She is not a ledge and didn't know it had surfaced yet.) Anyway, she said, "Wow, what a GREAT COVER!"

Just some perspective for us who are picking it apart.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This is what I think every time Stevie denounces social media for ruining the music business and then goes on to lament her albums' lack of promotion... I think social media is the best thing that could happen to these people in terms of marketing if they would just use it!
Old 04-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Yay, happy the dates are finally out, and looks like more dates to come!!!!!
Murphys, CA? What in the devil.

Michele
Old 04-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Lindsey looks bored to death and tortured on the album cover. Really? Lindsey, could you look a little more enthused?
Oh, he's been less enthused.

He's a barrel of laughs on the new album cover, by comparison.

Michele
Old 04-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
fleetwood mac official account retweeted the tweet though - and that one has much more impact than their individual ones (i don't think Lindsey's twitter is even connected to him now, if it ever was). Lindsey's official facebook as well as Fleetwood Mac official facebook posted it.

i'm more upset with buckvie twitter being so incompetent (tweet all accounts retweeted is that embarrassing one- see my post above). any of us would have done better job. buckvie facebook seems to be doing better though.
Lindsey has an official twitter called memeswesow
Old 04-14-2017, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He's a barrel of laughs on the new album cover, by comparison.

Michele
i love you!