The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2010, 08:58 PM
badanimals87's Avatar
badanimals87 badanimals87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 311
Default SoundGig Japan 1990

This is from a Japanese TV show called SoundGig where the Mac made an appearance in 1990 to support the Behind The Mask album. The broadcast contained interview clips interspersed with 4 lip sync perfomances...I've only posted the performances here. Enjoy!

Save Me


Freedom


In The Back Of My Mind


Stand On The Rock
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badanimals87 View Post
This is from a Japanese TV show called SoundGig where the Mac made an appearance in 1990 to support the Behind The Mask album. The broadcast contained interview clips interspersed with 4 lip sync perfomances...I've only posted the performances here. Enjoy!
In less than an hour Warner Bros. caught on and deleted your videos. I've seen these. Too bad they had to lip-sync. This could have been our chance to get a live Freedom.

You can probably repost these through photobucket without worrying about them being deleted.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 PM
badanimals87's Avatar
badanimals87 badanimals87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
In less than an hour Warner Bros. caught on and deleted your videos. I've seen these. Too bad they had to lip-sync. This could have been our chance to get a live Freedom.

You can probably repost these through photobucket without worrying about them being deleted.
Viv are they not playing for you? I just checked when I saw your note and they still play for me. How wierd!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2010, 11:04 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badanimals87 View Post
Viv are they not playing for you? I just checked when I saw your note and they still play for me. How wierd!
I just checked again and they still say they were deleted.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2010, 06:39 PM
goldustsongbird's Avatar
goldustsongbird goldustsongbird is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the impeeeeeeerial hoteyul
Posts: 6,761
Default

Yep, deleted.
__________________
Lisa
woahannablue's Profile Page

Tumblr.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2010, 07:12 PM
badanimals87's Avatar
badanimals87 badanimals87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Yep, deleted.
Is there a way around this problem? Can I just call them something different and then post the links here?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2010, 09:11 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badanimals87 View Post
Is there a way around this problem? Can I just call them something different and then post the links here?
I wouldn't. I did that once and Youtube cancelled my account.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:33 AM
badanimals87's Avatar
badanimals87 badanimals87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wouldn't. I did that once and Youtube cancelled my account.
That totally blows...but thanks for the heads up Viv & Lisa.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:12 PM
fringed n fab's Avatar
fringed n fab fringed n fab is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 1,750
Default

It sucks they took down that performance of "Freedom". I love that skirt!
__________________
lidokey3
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 AM
justanotherliar justanotherliar is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 13
Default

I would like to ask The Man just one question:

Are you ever, ever going to sanction an official release for these very rare performances, with their grainy visuals and less than 5.1 surround sound? No, of course you aren't. Not if I live to be two hundred.

Yet another harmless pleasure ruined by a meddling bureaucracy.

Back off, Grandad!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
badanimals87's Avatar
badanimals87 badanimals87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherliar View Post
I would like to ask The Man just one question:

Are you ever, ever going to sanction an official release for these very rare performances, with their grainy visuals and less than 5.1 surround sound? No, of course you aren't. Not if I live to be two hundred.

Yet another harmless pleasure ruined by a meddling bureaucracy.

Back off, Grandad!
Well put!

Photobucket wouldn't even let the upload finish before they shot me down. I wish there was another way to share these videos because the quality is much better than any previous copy I had seen.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badanimals87 View Post
Well put!

Photobucket wouldn't even let the upload finish before they shot me down. I wish there was another way to share these videos because the quality is much better than any previous copy I had seen.
Try VEOH. They accept all vids.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-02-2010, 03:54 PM
badanimals87's Avatar
badanimals87 badanimals87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Try VEOH. They accept all vids.
VEOH did not even let the upload complete...just like Photobucket!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,858
Default

Is this the same video you are talking about?

BehindTheMask1990-Proshot
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031
$24.88
1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031 picture1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943
$20.0
1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943 picture1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773
$17.88
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved