User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I think with the cost of that house and the moving of the studio equipment and the fact that they are FM, I would guess $2 million - maybe and probably more. Again, they (FM and the execs) were all talking about or at least contemplating a record that was going to sell around four million copies. So, the advance in those terms is not that outrageous.
And you don't think they've been able to pay it back yet?! Stevie could cut a check and have it paid for by the time it cleared.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
And you don't think they've been able to pay it back yet?! Stevie could cut a check and have it paid for by the time it cleared.
Well, once the promoter, arena, crew, and back up band, travel expenses, and $750,000 guarantee are paid, I am unsure how much that leaves for Warners. I mean what were the grosses for the shows?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, once the promoter, arena, crew, and back up band, travel expenses, and $750,000 guarantee are paid, I am unsure how much that leaves for Warners. I mean what were the grosses for the shows?
Almost every show grossed over a million, some almost two.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Almost every show grossed over a million, some almost two.
So, $750 to the band and let's say $100 to the arena. Then the jet, hotels, trucks, crewe and back up band are another $100. Then the promoter get their cut which is who knows hoe much. Thenm taxes must be paid, etc. So it is not like there is more than probably $100 or more after each show that grossed 2 million. Maybe someone knows more about these things can shed some light on how all of this works. For example, how much does the arena charge, how much of the $100,000 + per show in merch is take home profit. Does the management fee for the four come from the $750,000 or is that paid over and above that. I need answers!!! I do know that jet is about $20,000 everytime they fly it.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think with the cost of that house and the moving of the studio equipment and the fact that they are FM, I would guess $2 million - maybe and probably more. Again, they (FM and the execs) were all talking about or at least contemplating a record that was going to sell around four million copies. So, the advance in those terms is not that outrageous.
Who said it would sell four million copies?

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Who said it would sell four million copies?
The band. That's the whole reason that they didn't want a double album, because if it was, it wouldn't sell millions.

Old 05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Sure, times have changed. I saw Fleetwood Mac, third row center in 1975 for $7. (face value of ticket)
Wow, what a good deal this was!

Yeah, I would say rip-off. That's what I felt last year with joining the fan club to get good seats. I wasn't too pleased, & that is why this year I'm not going to see Fleetwood Mac. My way of protesting, I guess. And once my membership expires, that's it. I will not renew.

Oh, I finally did get the Mac 2004 Calendar on April 20th. I wasn't really excited. In fact, my dog was more excited than I was, jumping up & down. He thinks everything delivered by UPS is his anyway for some reason.

Lee
Old 05-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
Christopher- FM's management sets the ticket prices by setting the band's guarantee (i.e.- what they demand to make from each show). Promoters then have to set high ticket prices to help cover that. The promoters are making very little, if ANYTHING, off these shows.

A lot of fans DID get great tickets. Personally, we were INCREDIBLY lucky. Two sets of front row center seats to two different shows on the first leg through pre-sales, sixth row from the new club for the new leg. Some people got shafted, but most did not. It certainly sucks to be one that was shafted.

As for Ticketmaster fees- they're HUGE! I go to shows all the time, and work for a record company that buys large batches of tickets from Ticketmaster constantly. Last week I paid $43.50 for a $25.00 seat, minus shipping. And the week before, I paid $25 for a $12 ticket. Over 200% markup isn't high?? It's high.

who were all these lucky people from the last years presale that got 2 sets of front rows to two different shows. its more like the club had one set of front rows if any and all the other tickets were in row 25. please the majority, of the people got the shaft. maybe one or two ppl were lucky, but it was a total mess last year with the presales . as for the club and the extra fees, yeah TM charges fees , as they always have, but the club is charging a membership fee , basically for nothing in return, and choosing how the order is mailed, instead of an option for the member, its just too fishy when it comes to the fan club, it smells of greed, i will say im glad to here that they are giving refunds as promised... hmmm mick stated in his two bit video clip , the most connected fan club , please, can you see all of micks entries that he has made to his fans, i believe you can count them on one finger. so every once in a while you get an entry from a tag along, with a story , Thats not the same as reading an entry directly from lindsey or mick , now is it. i will go on to say to K that if you were a ledgie back in march 03, you shouldnt be too shocked about the fan club being a rip off.

Last edited by teedee; 05-12-2004 at 10:02 PM..
Old 05-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Tango
This message has been deleted by Tango. Reason: not important