Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default upgrade or downgrad (spoilers)

For the 5 new songs they added, is it an upgrade or downgrade over what they replaced?.

I Know I'm Not Wrong replacing Eyes of the World

MAJOR UPGRADE. I know many of you are sad to see EOTW go but I always thought it was just average although it always seemed to get Stevie going. I would hve prefered to see IKINW replace SHN but any way we get this song is just amzing so upgrade!

Sara replacing Gypsy

This is an upgrade but it's because I'm just thrilled they removed Gypsy instead of Beauitful Child. That shows Stevie is capable of removing a hit of hers over a rare Tusk song. This would be a major uprade if this was Siters of the Moon or Angel.

Destiny Rules replacing Say You Will

upgrade for sure. I've wanted Destiny Rules in the set badly since it left. And I really wish it didn't have to replace Say You Will and is now the only new song of hers, but it's a great song to have if it's the only one.

Red Rover replacing What's the World Coming To?

Downgrade danm it. I was pulling for WTWCT to go but was hoping it'd get replaced with anything but the worst song on SYW.

Don't Let Me Down Again replacing Don't Stop and Don't Stop moving in to replace Goodbye Baby
U[grade for having DLMDA for sure. I'm glad there's a song in the encore I'll be REALLY looking forward to.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Sara replacing Gypsy

This is an upgrade but it's because I'm just thrilled they removed Gypsy instead of Beauitful Child. That shows Stevie is capable of removing a hit of hers over a rare Tusk song. This would be a major uprade if this was Siters of the Moon or Angel.
Bummer. I was afraid this would happen. While I'm pumped that Sara is in the set list, I was looking forward to going to a show with all 3 of my favorite songs in it. Oh well...Silver Springs is still there right???

Uh...I'd also rather have Say You Will than Destiny Rules (it's good...but not that good...SYW is fun!), WTWCT over Red Rover (I just can't imagine this translating all that well live...again...WTWCT is fun) and Goodbye Baby over Dont' Stop (uh...since Christine isn't touring...how 'bout we stick with a Stevie song over a Chris song???)

I can still be excited over Sara though.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

so they are closing with don't stop now, rather than goodbye baby?

if so i am glad. goodbye baby is ok, but its kind of a downer to end with. i prefer an upbeat song to end any concert.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
For the 5 new songs they added, is it an upgrade or downgrade over what they replaced?

UPGRADE, though I also think it should have replaced SHN instead of EOTW. But IKINW sounds like it would be a lot of fun to sing along to in the audience.

Sara replacing Gypsy

MAJOR UPGRADE. Gypsy's kind of run its course with me because she's not even trying to hit those higher notes anymore. And the pay off line, "I still see your bright eyes" seems to strangely come and go. I didn't realize how much I missed Sara in the set until I heard that wonderfully rich vocal (Thanks Mike B and Tiff!).

UPGRADE. I actually thought it was ok to remove it the first time around because it didn't sound like Stevie was at all comfortable with it. This arrangement is slightly different, emphasizing the drums, and it rocks! Stevie added something really vocally cool at the end. Can't quite make out the line, but it sounds great.

DOWNGRADE. I was never a fan of this song. But I will say, like Say Goodbye, the concert arrangement is a vast improvement over the album original.

Don't Let Me Down Again replacing Don't Stop and Don't Stop moving in to replace Goodbye Baby

UPGRADE. Perhaps they will consider releasing the full BN album on CD this year. Probably not.

I thought it was a mistake to remove Goodbye Baby. They should have just changed that arrangement, making it a simple piano piece. OR, considered closing the show with Landslide.
Old 05-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

UPGRADE...except for Red Rover replacing WTWCT...but i cant complain

Im listening to mp3's of the new additions from bluewhitefire.com and Sara is so incredible....IKINW is incredible...great upbeat choice, and in the end he even does the guitar part similar to the EYES of the WORLD guitar part...

Sara is just phenomenal...wow....all ican say....i love Gypsy..but this adds so much more to the show

Chris
Old 05-10-2004, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

**** I'm not sure about this until I see it for myself. I bet the crowd is less enthusiastic?

Sara replacing Gypsy
* UPGRADE! I think Gypsy loses something live, especially now that Stevie simply just doesn't sing it the same as that one great take that is the studio version. Nothing matches that! Sara is great and I can't wait to see it!

* UPGRADE!I'm tired of SYW, I didn't like the song but live , I did enjoy Stevie's little dance to it. I love Destiny Rules and I bet it's great.

* UPGRADE! I love Red Rover, one of my fav's on the cd for sure!

* UPGRADE. I don't like Goodbye Baby very much. After all that jumping around it just seemed likee such a downer...and I guess I just want to keep up so I don't kill myself after the show LOL. I'm excited for this as well! This will be a better show! Just where is my TITN?!?!?!?!
Old 05-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The lack of love for Red Rover is depressing. Why does anything remotely different scare people off?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
I have no problem with any of these. A lot of the stuff tends to get stale when you've heard too many similar versions. Just as long as they keep on changing the setlist I won't be complaining. I know they won't, but...

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up