The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Blondie85's Avatar
Blondie85 Blondie85 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: illinoise
Posts: 40
Question Behind The Mask and Time

I have all the Fleetwood Mac albulms except Behind the mask and Time. I've only heard "Affairs of the heart" and "Hollywood (Some Other Kind Of Town)" from those two albulms. There actually pretty good, but I was just wondering if it was worth buying them. I've heard good things about them but also negative ones.
__________________
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
generated by sloganizer.net
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 PM
foxyluva's Avatar
foxyluva foxyluva is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 4,167
Default

In my opinion, they are both totally worth buying - "Behind the Mask" especially. But it depends on what you like about Fleetwood Mac
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2006, 09:08 PM
PsychCat's Avatar
PsychCat PsychCat is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyluva View Post
In my opinion, they are both totally worth buying - "Behind the Mask" especially. But it depends on what you like about Fleetwood Mac
Of the two, I would definitely say "Time".
But you are so right..... it depends on what you like about Fleetwood Mac.
Personally, I can listen to "Time" straight thru repeatedly. As for "BtM"... not so much. Love Christine's songs and her work with Billy but the overall collection just doesn't have a consistency IMHO.
I believe it was also about that time that Stevie was REALLY all about herself and there was definitely the vibe that she didn't want to be there.

As for "Time"... Bekka and Billy's stuff is really something. I avoided the Dave Mason songs for awhile (after unfavorable reviews) but they have really grown on me and the entire disc is right on.
__________________

"Lucky in love... Unlucky in opening cereal boxes... -- Lisa Douglas, re: Olivah
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 5,314
Default

Well, if you have ALL of the other albums, why not try these? Other albums have also gotten mixed reviews. The bottom line, if you appreciate Christine's songs, you won't be disappointed. If you appreciate John's bass playing and Mick's drumming, you won't be disappointed. These albums are no less Fleetwood Mac albums than "Bare Trees," "Mystery To Me," or "Rumours."
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
Stephen Hopkins

https://www.facebook.com/Espy.Hopkins ; @espyhop)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Dreamz19's Avatar
Dreamz19 Dreamz19 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie85 View Post
I have all the Fleetwood Mac albulms except Behind the mask and Time. I've only heard "Affairs of the heart" and "Hollywood (Some Other Kind Of Town)" from those two albulms. There actually pretty good, but I was just wondering if it was worth buying them. I've heard good things about them but also negative ones.
I haven't really listened to BTW but I have listened to Time. I always saw people dogging the hell out of that CD. I decided to check it out on my own and I didn't think it was as bad as people made it out to be. If you can listen to some tracks online before buying...that is what I suggest you do.
__________________
-Courtney
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,858
Default

according to what I like about Fleetwood Mac, I choose BTM. I suggset BTM if you want to choose one.

I didn't like Time enough to listen the whole album, or at least an 80%. And that's what I liked about FM, I like the albums a lot ! the whole albums
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Miss Vicky's Avatar
Miss Vicky Miss Vicky is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 3,177
Default

Buy them both, they're fantastic!

Nevermind the reviews from those Ledgies who have tunnel-vision and see Fleetwood Mac only in terms of the Rumours era line-up.

Sure, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks made that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac great, but the band was great before them and continued to be great afterwards.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Dreamz19's Avatar
Dreamz19 Dreamz19 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Buy them both, they're fantastic!

Nevermind the reviews from those Ledgies who have tunnel-vision and see Fleetwood Mac only in terms of the Rumours era line-up.

Sure, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks made that incarnation of Fleetwood Mac great, but the band was great before them and continued to be great afterwards.
Hi Vicky,

I know this post wasn't directed at me. But I just wanted to say I hope you don't get this impression from me because of the Buckingham/Nicks & Bekka/Billy thing. The Rumours line up is my favorite but I do enjoy many of the rest. I also get annoyed that other line ups are put down and do not get any credit from some who just won't give it a chance. But everyone has their opinion.
__________________
-Courtney
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Miss Vicky's Avatar
Miss Vicky Miss Vicky is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 3,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
Hi Vicky,

I know this post wasn't directed at me. But I just wanted to say I hope you don't get this impression from me because of the Buckingham/Nicks & Bekka/Billy thing. The Rumours line up is my favorite but I do enjoy many of the rest. I also get annoyed that other line ups are put down and do not get any credit from some who just won't give it a chance. But everyone has their opinion.
Nah, my problem is with those who post crap like "Time and Behind the Mask aren't true Fleetwood Mac albums" which (IMO) is the biggest bunch of bull**** ever. Fleetwood Mac is whatever Mick and John say it is. Lindsey and Stevie are not the be-all end-all of Fleetwood Mac. Neither is Peter Green. The band is defined by its rhythm section - its founding fathers.

There's nothing wrong with loving the Rumours lineup (lord knows that's what got me interested in the band initially, or more specifically, Stevie was who got me into it after years of listening to Bella Donna) or even loving them the best, but people should at least give the other incarnations a chance. A lot of the pre-1975 stuff is great and so are the albums that came out between '87 and '97.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Dreamz19's Avatar
Dreamz19 Dreamz19 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Nah, my problem is with those who post crap like "Time and Behind the Mask aren't true Fleetwood Mac albums" which (IMO) is the biggest bunch of bull**** ever. Fleetwood Mac is whatever Mick and John say it is. Lindsey and Stevie are not the be-all end-all of Fleetwood Mac. Neither is Peter Green. The band is defined by its rhythm section - its founding fathers.

There's nothing wrong with loving the Rumours lineup (lord knows that's what got me interested in the band initially, or more specifically, Stevie was who got me into it after years of listening to Bella Donna) or even loving them the best, but people should at least give the other incarnations a chance. A lot of the pre-1975 stuff is great and so are the albums that came out between '87 and '97.
I understand. I feel the exact same way. What is your favorite line up BTW?
__________________
-Courtney
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Miss Vicky's Avatar
Miss Vicky Miss Vicky is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 3,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
I understand. I feel the exact same way. What is your favorite line up BTW?

Probably the Time line-up. I've become a huge fan of both Billy and Bekka and I'm so burnt out on the Rumours era stuff lately that I can't stand to listen to a lot of it anymore. Really though, I hardly ever listen to any actual Fleetwood Mac music. Mostly I just play the solo stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Dreamz19's Avatar
Dreamz19 Dreamz19 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Probably the Time line-up. I've become a huge fan of both Billy and Bekka and I'm so burnt out on the Rumours era stuff lately that I can't stand to listen to a lot of it anymore. Really though, I hardly ever listen to any actual Fleetwood Mac music. Mostly I just play the solo stuff.
I really started listening to FM in 2003 so I am not totally burned out yet even though I might be in another few years.

Your one of the first people I have seen say the Time line-up was your favorite. Most of the boards I post at I see "Time" getting a pretty bad rap and considered their worse album. If I am not mistaken didn't Lindsey make a not so great comment about that line-up? He didn't come out and say the actual line-up but it was hinted towards them. Correct me if I am....but if I am wrong don't kill me LINDSEY FANS! Anyway, I eventually I checked out the album after avoiding it for a while and I was surprised. The album was no where near as bad as people claim. I liked it better than I liked BTM. I have listened to almost all of BTM but it didn't totally grab me. I won't give up on it yet. I felt that way about "Mirage" at first but it has grown on me.
__________________
-Courtney
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
Miss Vicky's Avatar
Miss Vicky Miss Vicky is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 3,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamz19 View Post
I really started listening to FM in 2003 so I am not totally burned out yet even though I might be in another few years.
I jumped on the bandwagon with the reunion in 1997, so it's been nearly a decade of listening for me, though I was listening to Stevie solo before that.

Oh and yes, Lindsey has made some negative comments about the "Time" album (and yet, if you look at the credits, he's actually on it). He's also made comments about being amused that they hired two guitarists to replace him. Overall I think he was just a little bitter that his leaving wasn't the end of the band, a feeling which seems to also be reflected in the attitude of many of his fans and mirrored by Stevie's fans in regards to Time lineup.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031
$24.88
1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031 picture1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943
$20.0
1981 Press Photo Billy Burnette, entertainer - nop12943 picture1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picturePress Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773
$17.88
Press Photo Billy Burnette, Guitarist - spp41773 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved