Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Of course she has more money than she will ever need, but she is greedy and egotistical to the core. As I stated before, she's simply an awful human being.
In my opinion the awful human beings are others, like rapists, mafia criminals and pedophiles.
However I think that if she really thought about the money then she would have gotten back to FM since there lies the real money.
Simply the solo act is more emotionally rewarding.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course she has more money than she will ever need, but she is greedy and egotistical to the core. As I stated before, she's simply an awful human being.
Yes you have stated your opinion in this thread more than once. We get it...you don't like her. If you don't like her, why are you here? 99.9% of the people on this Stevie board don't agree with your opinion. Quit trying to shove it down our throats.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't compete with those arguments. Consider me silenced.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:47 AM

Oh, don't worry Phil, noone here wants you silenced.
I guess everyone is just tired of unending and sterile arguments, I can't speak for everyone but for example I already have plenty of problems and fights in my real life so I rarely (if ever) engage in petty quarrels on the web and often try to prevent them.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm not sure what Stevie is supposed to have done that's so awful.

She has decided that she doesn't want to work on the FM album, and doesn't want Lindsey producing her work. Even as someone who prefers Lindsey's production to any other producer she has worked with and who thinks that SYW is one of the best FM albums, I still think that this is entirely Stevie's call. I'm not sure where the ego has come from. I haven't yet seen anything excessively egotistic from her.

Has Stevie been kidnapping children to work in sweatshops? Has she claimed that she's more talented than Beethoven, Lennon, and John Coltrane put together? Did she insist that the Pope bow down before her?

Last edited by Ench; 03-20-2017 at 07:14 AM..
Old 03-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't compete with those arguments. Consider me silenced.
I wasn't trying to silence anyone. I just don't understand the logic of people coming to a fan board for an artist and dogging them over and over. Why bother? These boards are here so we can share our love of an artist. It is about the music and the performance. If you are not a fan anymore, then let the rest of us enjoy her. Because we do and we are. I absolutely HATE what the Rumours board has turned into and I would be truly sad to see this board go in the same direction.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:19 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

An awful human being, eh? LoL. Wow.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JohnL. Exactly! I can understand some being dissapointed. But to hate. To say somebody is an awful human being? Really? Charles Manson is a horrible human being.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm just back from another forum where some older fans are bitching and moaning about what their supposedly favourite artists are doing.

What the heck? These artists have given us decades of their art. They're continuing to work long after they are rich enough to spend the rest of their life sitting by the beach in Polynesia somewhere. (Maybe not Mick). They're continuing to work into their 70s to give us fans even more. And what am I seeing all over the net? B*t*h*ng and moaning because these artists aren't doing exactly what some fans want them to.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
I'm just back from another forum where some older fans are bitching and moaning about what their supposedly favourite artists are doing.

What the heck? These artists have given us decades of their art. They're continuing to work long after they are rich enough to spend the rest of their life sitting by the beach in Polynesia somewhere. (Maybe not Mick). They're continuing to work into their 70s to give us fans even more. And what am I seeing all over the net? B*t*h*ng and moaning because these artists aren't doing exactly what some fans want them to.
Yes. It's way over the top. If anyone watched Homeland last night then I will just say this: sock puppets.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 03-20-2017 at 11:30 AM..
Old 03-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post

you're right on the one hand.

on the other, a lot of people don't want the same old same old from an artist every.single.time.

Imagine if an actor were out doing interviews and such promoting his/her movie....except it was THE SAME MOVIE every time. "Hi, I'm here to promote my movie, Star Wars/Gone With the Wind/The Godfather" whatever. And a year later, they're on the circuit and doing interviews etc promoting....the same movie. Now it's on DVD. Ok, great that makes sense. But then,a year later, they're out talking about and promoting their movie......the same movie. Nothing new about it. Over and over and over. That's the annoyance and boredom some fans find with musical artists performing/promoting the same music every.time.

You can only repackage the same thing so many times before people get BORED. I think really that's where most people's "anger" comes from.... it's really just boredom...the old "nothing new here, folks". Artists are typically people who see the world uniquely from the rest of us and what makes them so fascinating is that they show us a way of seeing or thinking about the world that we wouldn't have thought of on our own. They open our eyes/ears/minds to new perspectives. If you want to stay relevant as an artist, part of your job/calling/talent is to continue doing that, or at least striving to do that.

When you decide you're done creating, and are happy with re-hashing the past, that makes you stale and a lot less relevant. It's still a nice nostalgia trip for people, and that's fine as far as it goes, but it's not moving forward.

People need to accept that Stevie is very, very, ok with doing that. She doesn't seem likely to change her mind. She bought into money/sales as the metric of the value of her work a long time ago, but at least it didn't stop her from producing new material....coz the sales were still there. It's hard to accept that she isn't the "mad songwriter" writing for the love of it anymore like she was when we fell in love with her. But the thing is, she hasn't really been that girl for a long time now.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-20-2017 at 12:15 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks John L....you are SPOT ON...
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I absolutely HATE what the Rumours board has turned into and I would be truly sad to see this board go in the same direction.
I know! And I've been checking it often to see updates on the new 'not FM' album and the Deluxe Tango album, but the hate is such a turn off, I don't want to anymore.

Would it be wrong or rude to post a thread on the Stevie board about the upcoming FM albums where we can get updates about the release dates? That way, the info will be here as well.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We don't need duplicate threads on the Fleetwood Mac albums. Now, there are two threads going about the Rolling Stone comments and I guess that was logical enough, since they were Stevie comments.

But to the extent possible, all of the discussion on a topic should be in one place. That not only makes more sense in the presence, but also in the future, when people are searching past posts to see a collection of articles.

If you want updates and don't want to read the Rumours section, then I'm sure there must be some place else you can go where they post Fleetwood Mac news.

Michele
Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
you're right on the one hand.

on the other, a lot of people don't want the same old same old from an artist every.single.time.

Imagine if an actor were out doing interviews and such promoting his/her movie....except it was THE SAME MOVIE every time. "Hi, I'm here to promote my movie, Star Wars/Gone With the Wind/The Godfather" whatever. And a year later, they're on the circuit and doing interviews etc promoting....the same movie. Now it's on DVD. Ok, great that makes sense. But then,a year later, they're out talking about and promoting their movie......the same movie. Nothing new about it. Over and over and over. That's the annoyance and boredom some fans find with musical artists performing/promoting the same music every.time.

You can only repackage the same thing so many times before people get BORED. I think really that's where most people's "anger" comes from.... it's really just boredom...the old "nothing new here, folks". Artists are typically people who see the world uniquely from the rest of us and what makes them so fascinating is that they show us a way of seeing or thinking about the world that we wouldn't have thought of on our own. They open our eyes/ears/minds to new perspectives. If you want to stay relevant as an artist, part of your job/calling/talent is to continue doing that, or at least striving to do that.

When you decide you're done creating, and are happy with re-hashing the past, that makes you stale and a lot less relevant. It's still a nice nostalgia trip for people, and that's fine as far as it goes, but it's not moving forward.

People need to accept that Stevie is very, very, ok with doing that. She doesn't seem likely to change her mind. She bought into money/sales as the metric of the value of her work a long time ago, but at least it didn't stop her from producing new material....coz the sales were still there. It's hard to accept that she isn't the "mad songwriter" writing for the love of it anymore like she was when we fell in love with her. But the thing is, she hasn't really been that girl for a long time now.
I'd agree except for what Stevie is doing on this tour is the opposite of what's she's been doing (solo) for the first time in years. She may not be writing new songs, but she's pushing 70 and maybe doesn't have it in her or doesn't care. What she has done is completely reinvent her approach to her live solo performance in a stunning way. To me that is just as, if not more, interesting than trying to pretend FM is a real band that can put together meaningful music when they have no authentic connection any longer. I find the idea of another FM album to be just as nostalgia based as anything else. I think what Stevie is doing on this tour is very creative and, for me, magical.

EDIT: sorry, I'm new. I'm not trying to steer into FM talk. I'm trying to talk about Stevie in context of the discussion in this thread.

Last edited by Buster; 03-20-2017 at 03:06 PM..