User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Did this protest actually happen? I don't believe it did.
It must have taken place.
It stopped the baby eating
contest.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
contest.
Like x 10.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I really need to hear all of the Rhiannon songs...
Read The Mabinogion tetralogy by Evangeline Walton. You'll see Rhiannon in quite a different light...
Old 11-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

What kind of a Man goes to hit their own partner? **** you Dad...
Old 11-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
What kind of a Man goes to hit their own partner? **** you Dad...
Maybe you should call the police on your dad. He sounds somewhat out of control. Sorry this happened.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
contest.
Wait. It got cancelled? *puts away drumstick* Well, now I feel sheepish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Maybe you should call the police on your dad. He sounds somewhat out of control. Sorry this happened.
This. Hitting = no. Just no. In my experience, it never gets better - only worse. Calling the cops on something like that is easier said than done, but hitting = no.

Update On House Drama Llama

Today's mantra: "I might still be coming out of my mother upside down, but I'm also still okay when everything is not okay."

Instance #7542 of Miss T helping me through a rough patch, and probably Instance #971 of "Upside Down" in particular being helpful.

Anyhoodle - so yesterday was my "Get Out or Else" date according to the latest note tacked on the door by the landlord. The new apartment I am hoping to get is on its last leg of verification before it gets to the approval folks, so hopefully that will happen soon, but in the meantime, I decided I'm am going to stand up to the guy & we're not going anywhere without another proper place to live without a court order.

This decision was made in large part due to the support and suggestions from you guys. So here is what I did:

1.) Spoke to the lawyer I spoke to before to make sure I had the Missouri Landlord/Tenant statute about eviction proceedings correct (it's 441.223).

2.) Trotted my ass down to the police station to talk to an officer about my concerns that he or his son might pull some sh*t and what I should do if sh*t should be pulled.

This was an interesting conversation - I already knew that the City Hall people are well aware of my landlord, because when I went in to get my occupancy permit, I'd mentioned some of the shenanigans he was pulling about getting the inspection done, and the lady said, "Oh, your landlord is Landlord's Name? Yeah, he does stuff like that."

But lo and behold, the cops are already aware of him, too. I explained the situation to the officer and told him I know evictions are a civil issue and that the Sheriff's office is the one that actually handles dragging people out, and that there's no court order, so I don't have to leave, but my landlord is crazy, so I wanted to make sure that if something were to happen, I could call the cops and they would come help. He looked up my address and then came back and said, "Who's your landlord again?" and I said his name, and the cop said, "Ah yes...he's a little...different." I asked if that was a polite way of saying "crazy," and the cop laughed and nodded, and then proceeded to give me a card with the number for dispatch, and then made a note to do extra drive-bys of the house for duration for me, and also made a note for the dispatchers so they'd already have a heads up if I called.

Another interesting thing to come out of that conversation was when the cop looked at my address, he said, "Hey, we were just at the house next door this morning. Same landlord." I don't think it's anything due to the landlord, and the cop wouldn't tell me, but still interesting. It's really likely to do with drugs, because they just moved in but already have a serious case of Crackhead Blinds Syndrome in all of the windows and people coming & going at all hours, with tons of different cars, and a lot of cabs from different areas of the County & City. Also Halloween weekend, they had a huge loud party, and I woke up to a floor lamp and toilet seat in the yard. Not the lid, but the actual seat part. Good times, good times.

3.) Sent the kids over to my parents for a bit - the note said to be out by 4:45 PM, so I was expecting douchecanoe to show up at 4:45 on the nose to flip a grip, but...nope. Didn't show up. Hasn't shown up today yet, either. I am sure he'll be by, at some point, though, so I have all the doors double-locked and my "Do you have a court order? No? Well, here's a copy of the Missouri eviction laws so you can look over how it's done. I'll be sending your money registered mail and we'll be out of here pretty soon, too, but if you want us out of here before then, you're going to need to go through the proper channels. Thanks!" speech all prepared.

I am still incredibly uncomfortable with staying here and I want to be out as soon as possible, because even if the cops will be helpful, I'd rather not be in that position to begin with. And I am really reluctant to actually leave the house and go anywhere in case I come back to something awful. But this will do for now, and I am actively trying to relax and keep from having panic time.

Thanks for the support, everyone. And I mean that more than I can express properly. I will keep you updated.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 11-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^^

Great to know that the police are on side and that you're on the road out of there. Stay strong. The nightmare will be over soon and you'll never have to deal with that creep again
Old 11-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dude, get your ass outta there and make sure the new landlord isn't a psycho. So happy that things are looking up!
Old 11-13-2010, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry I haven't been posting that much lately, I have been flat-out busy. One week i'm travelling the next - exams. Anyways, like Zombie Miss T (Tori Amos) has been helping a lot. Enough of my talk,
How has everyone been?
Old 11-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
How has everyone been?
Me? I'm still crazy.

Today my brother was out in one of our fields
on a tractor. When he got through disking,
he here's a gun shot and the bullet whizzing
over his head. The shooter was paid a visit!
Old 11-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^
Woah!
Now thats going to be a family story'
Is your bro ok?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

....I am way, way too obsessed with shopping... I've been making a lot of money every week and yet spending ALL OF IT on clothes and shoes. Whatever, I can shop 3 days a week if I want to....

Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
....I am way, way too obsessed with shopping... I've been making a lot of money every week and yet spending ALL OF IT on clothes and shoes. Whatever, I can shop 3 days a week if I want to....

i wish i could say the same thing. i have no idea how to shop for clothes.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post

You sound like my friend Because our University is in the heart of town, we have a habit of going straight to Starbucks after class and then looking around all the shops - she'll buy something every day. The other day, she went and bought a teapot and teacup because they "looked adorable"

Old 11-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Trotted my ass down to the police station to talk to an officer about my concerns that he or his son might pull some sh*t and what I should do if sh*t should be pulled.
Was this your mode of transportation?