Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
And would add that I do not feel that Stevie or anyone else in the band is obligated to spend their final productive years locked in a toxic dungeon with someone they have serious problems with, just so some of us can pretend the band is still a viable creative force. I am constantly amazed at how many people here on the Ledge actually thought the Rumours 5 would record together again. Or that they should have stayed together because that is the way WE want it.

Move on.
Her happiness has come at the expense of hurting someone else.

Better to not do Fleetwood Mac at all if it's so toxic than to tear it away from another member in order to make it more enjoyable for herself, knowing how much it meant to him.

That's selfish and cruel.

We're supposed to commend her for that?

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-06-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Old 07-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Her happiness has come at the expense of hurting someone else.

Better to not do Fleetwood Mac at all if it's so toxic than to tear it away from another member in order to make it more enjoyable for herself, knowing how much it meant to him.

That's selfish and cruel.

We're supposed to commend her for that?
Well said, Nancy.

This is what I'll never understand about the people who defend what the band did: If you have a problem with something in the band, figure out a way to resolve it, or leave. Like Lindsey did in 1987. Giving ultimatums and then standing idly by while someone else is shown the door is a coward's way out, and frankly it's embarrassing. In order for Stevie to be happy, she had to make someone else's life miserable, and that's the definition of selfish. It's unforgivable.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Well said, Nancy.

This is what I'll never understand about the people who defend what the band did: If you have a problem with something in the band, figure out a way to resolve it, or leave. Like Lindsey did in 1987. Giving ultimatums and then standing idly by while someone else is shown the door is a coward's way out, and frankly it's embarrassing. In order for Stevie to be happy, she had to make someone else's life miserable, and that's the definition of selfish. It's unforgivable.
Exactly. When Stevie laughs about how she can dance around her apartment, all I can think about is how each one of those steps is steeped in Lindsey's blood.

She paid for her pleasure with a pound of his flesh.

Old 07-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Exactly. When Stevie laughs about how she can dance around her apartment, all I can think about is how each one of those steps is steeped in Lindsey's blood.

She paid for her pleasure with a pound of his flesh.

Three other band members were also involved. None of them stood by Lindsey. Maybe because he is the problem.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Three other band members were also involved. None of them stood by Lindsey. Maybe because he is the problem.
Obviously, this is a losing argument here. The people who call Stevie fans delusional are often just as deluded about Lindsey and his actions because he is a “musical genius” who does no wrong. Many have hated Stevie for years, and relish at having something else to harp on. The cries about tarnishing the legacy are not authentic, because many would be rejoicing if Stevie was the one fired instead of Lindsey.

Again, I think Lindsey contributed to his own ouster by his past and current behavior, current possibly being whatever went down that we are not privy to.

Much like Stevie would have contributed to her ouster if they *had* decided to fire her. If this tour tanks, maybe she is next.

I love the band but do not feel sympathy for a single member.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well if you believe Christine, then she didn't even know about it until after it was a done deal. And I really can't imagine John caring enough any particular way to make an effort to "stand by" anyone, except maybe Mick.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well if you believe Christine, then she didn't even know about it until after it was a done deal. And I really can't imagine John caring enough any particular way to make an effort to "stand by" anyone, except maybe Mick.
Pretty feeble and traitorous colleagues then, standing idly by while the genius of the group gets turfed without reason. I don't get it.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pretty feeble and traitorous colleagues then, standing idly by while the genius of the group gets turfed without reason. I don't get it.
In the end however it went down I doubt that Christine was happy about him getting kicked out, especially considering how they'd just finished their own album/tour that she genuinely loved. And that's what a lot of "sources" said too, that she didn't feel too great about it. But what's she gonna do? Leave the band herself? She just rejoined. I think she could've maybe thrown some weight around but it would've been to no use in the end. I don't think they're traitorous, but bands really are a business in the grand scheme of things so people are going to look out for themselves. And I 100% believe John really doesn't care either way. Whether you kick out Lindsey or Stevie and even bring in Sheryl Crow, he's reached the stage where he just wants to play his bass then go home.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Well, if we're all playing along with this logic, then the band members were given the option to betray Lindsey or cross Stevie, and they chose not to deal with her wrath?

It's weird to me that the people who think this was a "band decision" are also ignoring the mounds of evidence pointing to the fact that this was some beef between Stevie and Lindsey. She had a problem with a member in the band, she had the commercial/political capital to make a move, and Mick complied.

If the high priestess had actually taken the high road, she would have exited instead of forcing that on someone else.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's true that the other band members shouldn't get a pass. In the end, they chose Stevie over Lindsey.

Maybe it's because he's the problem.

Maybe it's because she's the meal ticket.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I see it online, but I have not seen any fans turn against Stevie in “real life.” The fans older than me that I know just see this as par for the course. Most think she was over dramatic as usual, and he must have been a jerk again and it caught up with him. Probably truth to all of that. Most of the fans want music and will see FM, and will just see Lindsey solo.
I know fans "in real life" as you're saying that have turned against her.

She was more than overdramatic. She messed with other people's lives and carrees. That's more than just a tantrum.

Many fans won't see this FM, as tickes sales are showing. And even if they did, Mick and Stevie's bank accounts won't be as full as usual after this tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And would add that I do not feel that Stevie or anyone else in the band is obligated to spend their final productive years locked in a toxic dungeon with someone they have serious problems with, just so some of us can pretend the band is still a viable creative force. I am constantly amazed at how many people here on the Ledge actually thought the Rumours 5 would record together again. Or that they should have stayed together because that is the way WE want it.

Move on.
Exactly. No one is obligated. That's why if you're not comfortable in a BAND with 4 other people you should go away, instead of getting someone you hate fired. But of course that's what NORMAL people do.

When you're a psycho....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, not all of them were involved in the decision. Majority rules, remember?

Your friend Mick said it so it has to be true! Only him and sweet OGB.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Obviously, this is a losing argument here. The people who call Stevie fans delusional are often just as deluded about Lindsey and his actions because he is a “musical genius” who does no wrong. Many have hated Stevie for years, and relish at having something else to harp on. The cries about tarnishing the legacy are not authentic, because many would be rejoicing if Stevie was the one fired instead of Lindsey.

Again, I think Lindsey contributed to his own ouster by his past and current behavior, current possibly being whatever went down that we are not privy to.

Much like Stevie would have contributed to her ouster if they *had* decided to fire her. If this tour tanks, maybe she is next.

I love the band but do not feel sympathy for a single member.
You're calling Lindsey's fans delusional and in the same post you talk about Stevie being fired?

Yeah, we're delusional.

Too bad Stevie was never a "musical genius" to cover for her actions during these past 40 years...
Old 07-06-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You're calling Lindsey's fans delusional and in the same post you talk about Stevie being fired?

Yeah, we're delusional.
Notice I did not say all. I said the ones who I call Stevie fans delusional. If a fan lays the blame solely on Stevie, and does not accept that Lindsey played a part in this, by his past and current actions, then yes, that fan is delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Too bad Stevie was never a "musical genius" to cover for her actions during these past 40 years...

Those shawls and tambourines come in handy.

Last edited by StevieandChris; 07-06-2018 at 02:36 PM..