Bob Welch 4 3.20%
Other...specify 4 3.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2018, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Is that a rhertorical question?
Maybe. I just love to stoke the coals a little bit. There's probably one Mick lover that is just not willing to be flamed if he or she votes for him.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:28 AM
jwd
This message has been deleted by jwd.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:44 AM
Ledgie

I will fan the flames

Anyone but Lindsey Buckingham

Old 06-03-2018, 12:49 AM
jwd
This message has been deleted by jwd. Reason: duplicate
Old 06-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
I will fan the flames

Anyone but Lindsey Buckingham

Oooh, you're like one of those Bekka lover trouble makers.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
No love for Mick!? Is he the least loved member of the band? Oh, and currently looks like Lindsey has the most support from The Ledge community.
WHAT'S to love? Nice enough guy, but greedy beyond belief, and an absolute IDIOT with his finances. You have to earn respect. I'm not certain that he has the tools. Loveable idiot.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
WHAT'S to love? Nice enough guy, but greedy beyond belief, and an absolute IDIOT with his finances. You have to earn respect. I'm not certain that he has the tools. Loveable idiot.
Hey, at least one person on these boards found some love in their heart for dear old Mick. I kinda of like that term of yours, "Loveable Idiot". It has an endearing ring to it.

Now if somebody could find some favorite love in their heart for Jeremy, the circle will be complete. It's ironically sad that he didn't score one vote, especially since he's probably the only past or present FM member that actually scrolls through these boards.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, at least one person on these boards found some love in their heart for dear old Mick. I kinda of like that term of yours, "Loveable Idiot". It has an endearing ring to it.

Now if somebody could find some favorite love in their heart for Jeremy, the circle will be complete. It's ironically sad that he didn't score one vote, especially since he's probably the only past or present FM member that actually scrolls through these boards.

Jeremy... Didn't some child sex thing or something arise a few years ago? He was here answering questions for us, then I read the allegations here, and he disappeared.

For the record, I DON'T remember exactly what they were.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm proud to have added to Lindsey's current five-vote lead over The Witch!

But I honestly believe he is the most talented person to have ever been part of FM. And he knows it!
Old 06-05-2018, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Bob Welch was pretty active on here prior to his death. Which brings me to my vote- Stevie has always been the most fascinating member to me. Increasingly over the past few years I’ve come to really detest her personally, though. I think after her mother died, her last grounding force (aka pre fame family/friend/etc) was gone... and the bad aspects of her personality have overtaken the good. That’s why I chose Bob Welch as my fav. His musical style, lyrics, and life story are every bit as bewitching as Stevie’s was for me. He had the whole mystical thing going on, he was such an underdog figure, and what a tragic yet charmed life he led. He was really the bridge that linked FM to success... transforming the band from a British blues standards band to a sophisticated global pop/rock force. Without him, who knows what would have become of FM.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for Lindsey..for years and years it would have been Stevie but like others have astutely pointed out her worst traits have become her dominant ones. I can't believe that the "Green God"only has one vote. For a brief and shining hour he was brilliant.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Jeremy... Didn't some child sex thing or something arise a few years ago? He was here answering questions for us, then I read the allegations here, and he disappeared.

For the record, I DON'T remember exactly what they were.

Yeah, I vaguely remember that as well now that you mention it. Here's a link to sum up what happened around that time and the allegations of sex abuse.
Warning, there are some disturbing depictions within the article.

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/201...rter-campaign/
Old 06-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
I'm proud to have added to Lindsey's current five-vote lead over The Witch!

But I honestly believe he is the most talented person to have ever been part of FM. And he knows it!
I agree. Especially for the length of time he spent in the band, crafting some of the band's most formidable and memorable recordings. That's why he got my vote.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Bob Welch was pretty active on here prior to his death. Which brings me to my vote- Stevie has always been the most fascinating member to me. Increasingly over the past few years I’ve come to really detest her personally, though. I think after her mother died, her last grounding force (aka pre fame family/friend/etc) was gone... and the bad aspects of her personality have overtaken the good. That’s why I chose Bob Welch as my fav. His musical style, lyrics, and life story are every bit as bewitching as Stevie’s was for me. He had the whole mystical thing going on, he was such an underdog figure, and what a tragic yet charmed life he led. He was really the bridge that linked FM to success... transforming the band from a British blues standards band to a sophisticated global pop/rock force. Without him, who knows what would have become of FM.
Yeah, I think you're right. And if I'm not mistaken he participated in a rather lengthy Q&A here on The Ledge. I know his wife Wendy became very vocal around the time of the RRHOF snub or perhaps it was after Bob died, and she thought it was time for her to speak up about how she felt he had been treated unfairly by the band. I believe she was particularly spiteful towards Christine.

You mention Bob's mystical thing going on along with Stevie's. Most definitely his songs and music were reflective of that. "Bermuda Triangle" comes to mind. But then again I think the mystical aspect is a common thread that has always been part of every incarnation of FM. Peter Green's "Green Manalishi", Danny Kirwan's "Dust" and others also have that otherworldly vibe to them. It's that common theme of FM that I do find captivating and very interesting. Stevie probably tapped into that when she listened to the back catalogue of the band and felt like she and Lindsey could fit in and contribute something to FM.

Last edited by jwd; 06-05-2018 at 05:49 PM..
Old 06-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One music critic pointed out years ago that the mystical aspect had always been in Fleetwood Mac if only just under the surface but when Stevie arrived she burst through the door with it full tilt. I am still glad that I was old enough to experience that era in real time .It was magical.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I voted for Lindsey..for years and years it would have been Stevie but like others have astutely pointed out her worst traits have become her dominant ones. I can't believe that the "Green God"only has one vote. For a brief and shining hour he was brilliant.
To think of the path that FM could have possibly taken if Green didn't freak out and he stayed with the band. For every tragedy, there was always something, someone else to experience. It's been a pretty amazing story.

Last edited by jwd; 06-05-2018 at 06:07 PM..
Old 06-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I vaguely remember that as well now that you mention it. Here's a link to sum up what happened around that time and the allegations of sex abuse.
Warning, there are some disturbing depictions within the article.

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/201...rter-campaign/
Thank you for looking up that article. Pretty disturbing stuff.