The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually think Stevie looks slim in these pictures......What people forget she's only tiny...5' 1 or there abouts.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
somebody wrote that stevie looks fat now, I think she actually looks great in that outfit and her face looks great. she looks regal to me
She looks stunning but that jacket thingy does not do her any favors. The top and the skirt are great. The jacket looks too big and loose and untailored. One of her more fitted jackets would have shown off her figure better.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered

nice to see a lady, let alone a celebrity having a simple ceremony and not a media event /circus so many women crave.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Cool

I've just read this on OMG Yahoo & that is OMG. That is awesome! Congrats to Vanessa & her new husband. And way to go, Stevie!

Lee
Old 12-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She looks stunning but that jacket thingy does not do her any favors. The top and the skirt are great. The jacket looks too big and loose and untailored. One of her more fitted jackets would have shown off her figure better.
She doesn't need a tailored jacket. She looks dressy and great. What do people want her to do - wear a thong or come out in her stage clothes? She looks great and not heavy.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow.. how cool would it be to have Stevie Nicks signature on your marriage certificate... I so love her... And how dare anyone call her fat ??? She does not look fat, she may not weight 100 lbs anymore, but she still looks amazing. It's easy to forget she's 65 years old.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She doesn't need a tailored jacket. She looks dressy and great. What do people want her to do - wear a thong or come out in her stage clothes? She looks great and not heavy.
I hardly think a little tailoring of her jacket equates to wearing a thong.

And I certainly did not say she looked heavy. I believe the word was "stunning". But certain outfits enhance one's good looks and others not so much. YMMV.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, Aleuzzi was saying in the other forum that they ask Stevie questions that they wouldn't ask men (i.e. does she sleep with women) but one thing that they DO ask men that they don't ask female celebrities is, "boxers or briefs?"

It's a wonder someone hasn't asked Stevie if she wears a thong.

Michele
Old 12-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
On of my gripes about Stevie lately is that even through she's still very beautiful and looks much younger than she really is, she keeps dressing like my grandmother (sorry grandmother)... I agree with Stevie that she should not dress like she 25 years old when she's actually 65 years old. That always looks sad.. but Stevie can still pull off some really cute looks if she would just take a chance and drop some of the black in her wardrobe and I would really, really like to see her in some dresses that flatter her looks and her figure..
Old 12-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know, Aleuzzi was saying in the other forum that they ask Stevie questions that they wouldn't ask men (i.e. does she sleep with women) but one thing that they DO ask men that they don't ask female celebrities is, "boxers or briefs?"

It's a wonder someone hasn't asked Stevie if she wears a thong.

Michele
Yellow, naturally.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And I certainly did not say she looked heavy. I believe the word was "stunning". But certain outfits enhance one's good looks and others not so much. YMMV.
Sorry, missed the word stunning.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

She can marry me any day! :P

Sorry couldn't resist. With that said- the unfortunate reality of being a celebrity means there's always going to be some idiot out there that has something bad to say about how you look no matter what. I also think its easy to forget Stevie is 65 and that in general the older people get the heavier they tend to be so with that in mind- much as I've often told my mom who is several years older than Stevie and probably roughly the same height and weight- she's looking astonishing for her age and is probably slimmer than a majority of women in that same age range. I've actually seen body mass index charts online where you can input your age and compare yourself to the average for men or women your age (hence where I got my statistic that the older women get the heavier they tend to be or at least the average goes up). I have no idea what Stevie weighs beyond my guess that she's similar in size to my mother but I think she'd be in a favorable place on those charts.

And I wasn't totally joking on the marry me thing either. Clearly I'm young enough to be her child but I think she's a stunningly gorgeous woman and just as much so today as she ever was honestly. I tend to prefer "real" women anyway over the photoshopped airbrush anorexic celebrity look. I would guess I'm far from alone on that especially in any arena where she's performing. Her extreme talent and all that energy she has sure does add to that attractiveness. If anything I wish she didn't wear her eye shadow the way she does- with the super dark crease. Think it actually ends up aging her even on stage. But I love the way she dresses personally and somewhere I've got an interview of her rocking leggings (thinking I've seen her do that many times actually) and dang many women of all ages can't pull that look off as well as she does!

And I'm shorter than her. So I totally get what a pain weight can be when you're vertically challenged. I've always felt like I was so much heavier looking than many women I know only to hear they wear like 5 sizes larger than me because they're so tall. And I can look chunky and fit into tiny sizes. On the upside I often find that being a particularly short woman often adds to the youth factor. But then short women are often "cute" or "adorable" versus "beautiful" or "sexy". So its a blessing and curse but I think Stevie rocks it.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
She can marry me any day! :P

Sorry couldn't resist. With that said- the unfortunate reality of being a celebrity means there's always going to be some idiot out there that has something bad to say about how you look no matter what. I also think its easy to forget Stevie is 65 and that in general the older people get the heavier they tend to be so with that in mind- much as I've often told my mom who is several years older than Stevie and probably roughly the same height and weight- she's looking astonishing for her age and is probably slimmer than a majority of women in that same age range. I've actually seen body mass index charts online where you can input your age and compare yourself to the average for men or women your age (hence where I got my statistic that the older women get the heavier they tend to be or at least the average goes up). I have no idea what Stevie weighs beyond my guess that she's similar in size to my mother but I think she'd be in a favorable place on those charts.

And I wasn't totally joking on the marry me thing either. Clearly I'm young enough to be her child but I think she's a stunningly gorgeous woman and just as much so today as she ever was honestly. I tend to prefer "real" women anyway over the photoshopped airbrush anorexic celebrity look. I would guess I'm far from alone on that especially in any arena where she's performing. Her extreme talent and all that energy she has sure does add to that attractiveness. If anything I wish she didn't wear her eye shadow the way she does- with the super dark crease. Think it actually ends up aging her even on stage. But I love the way she dresses personally and somewhere I've got an interview of her rocking leggings (thinking I've seen her do that many times actually) and dang many women of all ages can't pull that look off as well as she does!

And I'm shorter than her. So I totally get what a pain weight can be when you're vertically challenged. I've always felt like I was so much heavier looking than many women I know only to hear they wear like 5 sizes larger than me because they're so tall. And I can look chunky and fit into tiny sizes. On the upside I often find that being a particularly short woman often adds to the youth factor. But then short women are often "cute" or "adorable" versus "beautiful" or "sexy". So its a blessing and curse but I think Stevie rocks it.

I totally agree with the weight thing. She looks incredible! I'm 44 years old, and only a 1/2 inch taller than Stevie and I'm much heavier. I fight that battle daily!! I have to watch every bite that I eat, and I exercise at least five days a week. Stevie inspires me, I hope I can look that young when I'm 65!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From a Vanessa Carlton interview in The Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/article/inte...d-stevie-nicks

Outside of Stevie Nicks, which musical icon would you say has been the greatest encounter? Mentioning Stevie, when was the last time you were together? Do you simply stick to working together or do you consider yourselves friends?

Neil Young. He's wonderful and continues to make records that are great. He is a pure guy. Stevie and I last hung out around Christmas. She's a fantastic woman and very dear friend.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[John McCauley talks about Stevie. Excerpt from an interview with him

Metro New York, April 9. 2014 by Pat Healy

http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertai...s-hold-steady/

How on earth did Stevie Nicks factor in to the whole thing? When those pictures came out a lot of people were like, “wait, what?” Not just what are these three totally different musicians doing together, but why are two of them getting married to each other and the other one is officiating said wedding!

Vanessa has been friends with Stevie for while now, she just kind of asked Stevie if she would do the thing or whatever. And she said yeah.

Are you friendly with Stevie now? Can you call her?

I’ve never tried to call her and just shoot the ****, but I would say yes, now I can definitely do that. She’s taking Vanessa and I to the Rock and Roll Half of Fame induction ceremony next week.