Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2020, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I saw the film in Boca Raton Florida.
The theatre was about 80% full.
People were applauding after songs, laughing along during her stories, and it was a wonderful experience.
Her voice sounded just like it did when I saw the tour.
I read today that the movie will be streaming soon as well.
This has been such a hard year, and this really was a nice escape.
I loved it ❤️
Do you know when it will be streaming?
Old 10-22-2020, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the new concert film at a theater with social distancing where you had to preselect your seats. When I preordered about a week before, there were a few sections still open and when I actually showed up, it looked like all of the available seats were filled!

The theater audience seemed very engaged and entertained throughout, clapping, laughing and singing along to the hits.

I was very impressed with the editing of the film. It really shows Stevie at her best, which I don't always see in her recent music releases. I brought someone who, at best, tolerates my Stevie/Fleetwood Mac obsession but when we left they confided in me that they really liked some of the songs they hadn't heard before and found her personality unexpectedly endearing.

I may go again on Sunday. I think this film would be a great introduction to Stevie for anyone unfamiliar with her, in addition to us fans!

For anyone who has seen the film, who was the person ("The favorite child... Max"?) that Stevie dedicated Landslide to? It went by so quick that I completely missed what she said.

Last edited by lilyfee; 10-22-2020 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Added dedication question.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Haha. Reference aside, to be literal, of course I do. Doesn't change my definitions of haters vs critics.
Then I shall file that under IDGAF.
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Just saw the concert film in an AMC theater in central NJ. There was only about ten of us there, properly socially distanced, with reserve options that wound up blocking out two rows all around our single seat. Made for a less anxiety-inducing experience!

As for the film... I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Didn't get to see the tour so it was a nice treat. The editing was really fabulous: no fast cuts or out of the ordinary shots--though the drones and aerial views could be at times weird.

Stevie was hysterical and witty, as expected, and it made the two-plus hours go by very fast!

The "Gold and Braid" opening was fabulous; "Gold Dust Woman" was particularly captivating and indulgent; "Edge of Seventeen" seemed slower on the backbeat but vocals were great; "Moonlight" was beautiful and stripped down; "Starshine" was rockin' and great... I could go on. Loved it!

P.S. did not know who the child Max was, whom "Landslide" was dedicated to. Also, was amazed during "if You Had My Love" that Waddy switched between guitars early on; I was unsure if the 12-string acoustic wound up being on a loop or if someone else wound up playing it, but couldn't tell, since he switched to electric.