Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I agree...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
...(He has been rumoured to be playing some of the leads on the "Maybe-this-decade" Guns 'N Roses release "Chinese Democracy")

Brian, any idea as to when this album is going to actually come out?? I've been hearing dates for years and years now, and I was under the impression that it was definitely going to be released in October....so now when is the proposed release date? ("Madagascar" is awesome!)

Old 11-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Seteca...

...This is from a radio interview at KISW:

Q: It sounds like you've really nurtured relationships with these guys, and the new disc, "Chinese Democracy"… Do you have any idea when the fruits of those labors will come to harvest?

Axl Rose: "Sometime during the next year (February...tentatively). With the guys, I do have a really positive relationship with the individual members, and each one of them excites me with what they bring to it, creatively or just as a person, and how each one of them works really hard. Because I think anyone that watches this project at all also sees the abuse that this project goes through, and these guys shoulder that really, really well, and they don't have a problem dealing with it, and I have to just respect the hell out of that with these guys...But also, this show is something that is designed to be growing over the next couple of years. It's like, this is the start of something, but then remember, we will be putting out a record, and then, about a year or so after that, we'll be putting out ANOTHER one (They have reportedly anywhere from 60-100 songs already finished), so there'll be a lot more material added into the set with a lot more things going on. This is the beginning, and we need to be showing people a lot of the older material, but it will grow."

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 60-100 songs!!!!!!!!

Well...all I can say is...fingers crossed!

Thanks a lot for that Brian.

Old 11-23-2002, 12:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't know where to post this... so I guess here is good.... since you are talking about great guitarists.

Have any of you heard of Don Ross????

If not, I'd advise all of you (especially the guitar buffs) to check him out!!!!

You can get some of his stuff on Kazaa. Look up "Tight Trite Night", "Micheal, Micheal, Micheal", "Klimbim", and "3 Hands". You will not regret it!!!!!!!! I don't even know what you would classify his style as... very unique if you ask me. I've never heard anyone play the guitar like this.

Kate
Old 11-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by silversprings8
Have any of you heard of Don Ross????
Nope...! But I'll check him out on Kazaa...cheers!

Old 11-24-2002, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: 60-100 songs!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
Well...all I can say is...fingers crossed!
It'll be interesting.

But GNR without Slash is like Mac without Lindsey, great band but the genius is missing.

Old 11-24-2002, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default madformac...

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac
But GNR without Slash is like Mac without Lindsey, great band but the genius is missing.
I love you. LOL
Old 11-24-2002, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: 60-100 songs!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac

It'll be interesting.

As you know,, I totally agree with you...that signature sound of G n' R IS the sound of Slash's guitar...

However, I'd rather they were still around and making music, than to totally disband....if Madagascar is anything to go by, I look forward to the whole album...

And hey, although at the moment both parties would rather cut their own wrists, you never know, one day, maybe, just maybe, he might come back.

(Stranger things have happened, as we ALL know on THIS forum!)

Old 11-24-2002, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, Seteca,

I agree Madagascar sounds really good, I hope the new stuff is more like this and not that "End Of Days" type sound.

Slash hasn't ruled out a return to Guns. In fact he said he would love to rejoin the band eventually, he just wants Axl to get the ideas and music he is writing now out of his system first, then if there is agreement on the "musical differences" side of things he'll be back, and so will the record sales.

Wondergirl9847, I love you too!
Old 11-24-2002, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy I wished I had the faith y'all have...

But Slash isnt going to be in GnR ever again (Too many lawsuits/counter-lawsuits/"mudslinging"/etc. after he gave his notice and left the band have more-than-likely killed those chances...) It's sad because I liked the original lineup as much as anyone else but it's a permanent divorce...No chance for a reconciliation.

I have read several recent interviews where Axl has been offered tons of money for a reunion tour/album/etc but refuses to do it because he is concentrating on the current GnR lineup and he feels that the other former members would only be interested in a reunion for just the cash and nothing more and he doesnt feel they would really give their "all" to try to push the band foward...I really wished it would happen like everyone else, But being realistic it won't happen.

BUT also, Here is something that makes you still have faith for the future of REAL Rock-N-Roll; Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum & Izzy Stradlin are currently recording an album...All they need is a singer who could fit their type of music, Which isnt a "GnR revisited" scenario type of group...If you want to read more go to www.mygnr.com and click the "November 2002 News" icon and check out whats going on with this new lineup...

BTW, The new completed GnR tracks are very awesome in sound, Not the reported "Techno" sound that everyone has been "rumouring" about...(ie-"Chinese Democracy" has a killer riff which is very memorable...)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-24-2002, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

estranged4life, thanks for the info.

A Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt album, sounds good, just need a great singer.

I seem to recall Faith No More needed a new singer, Mike Patton got the job and they went on to far greater things....

When Slash talked about rejoining Guns in the future that was about a year ago in Guitarist magazine, guess things have moved on.

The best gig I've been to was a GNR gig. Milton Keynes 1993. Axl, Slash, Gilby, Izzy, Dizzy, Matt, Mike Monroe and Ronnie Wood. What a combo! 3 hours of screaming Les Pauls.

Old 11-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I wished I had the faith y'all have...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
BUT also, Here is something that makes you still have faith for the future of REAL Rock-N-Roll; Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum & Izzy Stradlin are currently recording an album...All they need is a singer who could fit their type of music, Which isnt a "GnR revisited" scenario type of group...
I heard about this a month or so ago, and to say I can't WAIT is the understatement of the century....this is going to be awesome. Pretty much the original line-up minus Axl.....So Axl's gonna do his thing, and these guys are gonna do their new thing....the more material from all of them, the better. Regardless of what they say about it not being a "G n' R scenario", nothing can change the fact that the sound of G n' R was the sound of Slash (I was just listening to the Godfather Theme from '92..and it's just amazing how with that FIRST note...no bend....no other band....just him hitting one note, you INSTANTLY think SLASH/GnR), which means that that sound will go wherever Slash goes. And that's a GOOD thing.

Old 11-25-2002, 09:35 AM

I can't recall Lindsey ever saying anything about Django Reinhardt. Of course, as soon as I post this, three people are going to jump and say, Well in 1978, Lindsey was taking a crap backstage during one of Mick's interminable, self-indulgent drum solos, then came back out and said, "Boy that felt good. Now, where did I put that dang ole Les Paul? Oh, there it is." But notice, he didn't actually say "Django," though in his inebriated state "dang ole" sounded like "Django."

That doesn't count.

I'm not sure what the point of all that was. But I just wanted to say, Django! If you haven't heard any of his stuff, make sure you go check it out. Of course, Lindsey must like him because he named a little ditty after him.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread has taken such an amusing turn..........
Old 11-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I can't recall Lindsey ever saying anything about Django Reinhardt. Of course, as soon as I post this, three people are going to jump and say, Well in 1978, Lindsey was taking a crap backstage during one of Mick's interminable, self-indulgent drum solos, then came back out and said, "Boy that felt good. Now, where did I put that dang ole Les Paul? Oh, there it is." But notice, he didn't actually say "Django," though in his inebriated state "dang ole" sounded like "Django."

That doesn't count.

LMAO..! How about when he told Warner that the name of his new solo album would be "Django In The Night" after his tooth operation?

I love Django Reinhardt. He's in my top 10 guitarists of all time, and has actually influenced a lot of my playing, particularly his fluidity. I often wondered also how big an influence he was on LB, and why LB decided to cover John Lewis's tribute to him: was it because he really liked the John Lewis song, or because he was also a fan of Django?

Weirdly, "Django" is a very beautiful song, but sounds nothing like Django (if ya get what I mean!).

p.s. I'm playing it as the opener for my gig next week.