User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Glorified Love Letter from Sara

Never Going Back Again — Fleetwood Mac

Lindsey Buckingham has modified his delivery of this song, and I suppose he really would have to mess with the arrangement after singing songs from one of the all-time best selling albums for over thirty years. Again, his finger-picking skills on the guitar make a person wonder how it comes out of just one instrument, and the harmony with Stevie Nicks is spot on, as usual. The original is great, but the drawn out lines of the updated version make it all shine that much more. Whereas the original sounds like a quiet resolve to stop seeing the person you just can’t shake, the later performance seems amused, knowing that no matter how many times he may say ‘no more,’ this person is always going to be involved in his life.

You don’t know what it means to win
So come down to see me again
I been down one time, I been down two time
I’m never going back again

Lindsey’s done two tours and a Presidential inauguration since “quitting” the band in the late 80s. The song may have started being about Stevie, but save for Christine McVie (unfortunately, her songs are missed), the whole lot of them can’t ever really stop making music together in some way. They’re all getting up there in age, but Lindsey seems to have weathered the least. He still has his voice, his hair, and a way of inviting attraction that doesn’t seem like an old man trying to relive his late-twenties. The piles of cocaine the band did in the 70s hardly seems to have affected him, whereas Stevie comes armed with a team of hair, make-up and wardrobe and still looks her age. I suppose he comes from good genes. His brother was an Olympic swimmer and he also swam before going into music. Maybe he really did have to scrape himself together in the 90s, but he had the good sense not to let everyone else see it.

http://glorifiedloveletters.blogspot.com/
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

They’re all getting up there in age, but Lindsey seems to have weathered the least. He still has his voice, his hair, and a way of inviting attraction that doesn’t seem like an old man trying to relive his late-twenties. The piles of cocaine the band did in the 70s hardly seems to have affected him, whereas Stevie comes armed with a team of hair, make-up and wardrobe and still looks her age. I suppose he comes from good genes.
I think this chick got Stevie confused with Lindsey. Stevie looks very youthful and Lindsey looks his age.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I think this chick got Stevie confused with Lindsey. Stevie looks very youthful and Lindsey looks his age.
I guess Lindsey looks his age in the face, but the way he moves his body makes you think he's in his thirties and I think that's probably what the writer was talking about, the impression you get in the concert, the effortless and endless movement.

Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you think he ought to dye his hair?

The first review I read for SWY dissed him and said he had grizzly gray hair and was showing his age. The reviewer also said that Stevie missed a cue and was singing during Lindsey's guitar solo on Landslide. The reviewer went on to say Lindsey bulldozed his way on through and should have been more polite to Stevie and let her sing.

From that reviewer's perspective, it was a Clash of the Titans. I wonder if hair dye would have helped.

Last edited by Betsy; 04-09-2008 at 11:04 AM..
Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Do you think he ought to dye his hair?

The first review I read for SWY dissed him and said he had grizzly gray hair and was showing his age. The reviewer also said that Stevie missed a cue and was singing during Lindsey's guitar solo on Landslide. The reviewer went on to say Lindsey bulldozed his way on through and should have been more polite to Stevie and let her sing.

From that reviewer's perspective, it was a Clash of the Titans. I wonder if hair dye would have helped.
Absolutely not! No hair dye! Just let the grey weave itself in like it's doing; that's way hotter than having the Mike Wallace shoe leather look !
Old 04-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would say dye, but his hair grows so fast that he'd have to be doing it every 2 weeks, so leave it alone. He doesn't need to be spending half of his time in a beauty salon.

And please, no botox or face lifts.

Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would say dye, but his hair grows so fast that he'd have to be doing it every 2 weeks, so leave it alone. He doesn't need to be spending half of his time in a beauty salon.

And please, no botox or face lifts.

Michele
I agree with that but he should do something about his eyebrows. They're nearly gone

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

personally...Lindsey gets better looking as he ages...my preference....and to mess with that would be a travesty.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
personally...Lindsey gets better looking as he ages...my preference....and to mess with that would be a travesty.
TOTAL T R A V E S T Y!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Oh hell yeah! Totally agree here!! He's so freaking sexy.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I agree with that but he should do something about his eyebrows. They're nearly gone
A little mascara would solve that problem. Carol Ann would have been right on top of that.

It's true, Lindsey is very gorgeous. Most particularly for me during the 1987 Tango promotional era. Luckily, he doesn't seem to have a lot of vanity about his looks. I don't think he thinks he's ugly or anything, but thank heaven he's not always preening. Although he did have to make a few inexplicable adjustments to his crotch for the SYW album cover shoot.

Michele
Old 04-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Although he did have to make a few inexplicable adjustments to his crotch for the SYW album cover shoot.

Michele
What 'chu talkin' about Willis?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone have a photo of Mr. B. with mustache only? (This comes from the White Album.)

Old 04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Although he did have to make a few inexplicable adjustments to his crotch for the SYW album cover shoot.
Hmmmmmm, I remember seeing that! (and then rewinding it a few times.)

I know, I know, I need help...

Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
What 'chu talkin' about Willis?
That was funny...