User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
She didn't fall off the stage. She wasn't knocked off the stage. She was dragged off the stage. Her cape was supposed to be pulled off her, but instead, she went with it.
Your right .My bad.

I guess it was on to tight.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-06-2015, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to like her back in the day. Not so much anymore. I did see this on TV over & over again as they talked about it excessively. I actually felt bad for her & I heard she got whiplash from it, so that was not good. Hope she feels better now.

Lee
Old 03-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I used to like her back in the day. Not so much anymore. I did see this on TV over & over again as they talked about it excessively. I actually felt bad for her & I heard she got whiplash from it, so that was not good. Hope she feels better now.

Lee
I enjoyed her first couple of albums and lost interest with her later tunes but I rather listen to all of her stuff then the current tunes on the radio.

Yes TV and the rags are having a field day with this.Give her a break .It could be worse.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:32 PM

I've just watched Madonna's interview at my national left wing channel and I've found it a pleasant surprise.
She was pretty nice and down-to-earth and even made a little joke on her infamous fall. She said interesting and clever things and I've been surprised by the fact that her IQ is 140.
She performed twice and she's done very little theatrics, maybe also because she was still stiffy, doing two heartfelt and stripped-down performances instead, explaining the meaning of each song.
It was an interesting evening.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I've just watched Madonna's interview at my national left wing channel and I've found it a pleasant surprise.
She was pretty nice and down-to-earth and even made a little joke on her infamous fall. She said interesting and clever things and I've been surprised by the fact that her IQ is 140.
She performed twice and she's done very little theatrics, maybe also because she was still stiffy, doing two heartfelt and stripped-down performances instead, explaining the meaning of each song.
It was an interesting evening.
I just saw the video of both performances and I was so beautifully surprised too. She did a great job.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
I just saw the video of both performances and I was so beautifully surprised too. She did a great job.
Yes, what surprised me the most was the way she sounds live, she's not a natural singer in the sense that she doesn't have a naturally beautiful timbre but she still managed to sound good as she never hit a wrong note; also in her career she never went outside her possibility as a singer but rather explored and used what she had in any way she could.
she's the type of singer that earned her voice through hard work rather than being born with the gift of a great voice.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
she's the type of singer that earned her voice through hard work rather than being born with the gift of a great voice.
And that's very obvious when you watch Evita.
Say what you want about her, but Madonna plays the game like nobody else can.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She didn't fall off the stage. She wasn't knocked off the stage. She was dragged off the stage. Her cape was supposed to be pulled off her, but instead, she went with it.
This is correct. I just finished listening to a great live interview she just did on the Stern Show. She explained that her cape had a hood on it and that she rehearsed it to be yanked off by 2 of her dancers at a certain cue after she pulls a tied bow loose. The problem was, the bow was tied too tight and it turned into a knot, not coming off. Meanwhile, the 2 dancers yanked as rehearsed, sending Madonna backwards. She said the back of her head got the brunt of it, and her neck hurt the next day. She said she had no other bruises. As far as how she handled it, she said she was just always trained to go on with the show, and that adrenaline likely helped her at the time. She said afterwards a doctor stayed with her and made her stay up all night so she wouldn't be in danger if she had a concussion.
When I saw the video I thought it was so scary and I'm just glad she's ok.

Jamie
Old 03-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Yep, and there's a decent chance she's going to get her first UK #1 since 2008 on the back of it. She's a smart cookie.
I thought Living for Love might have peaked inside the top 10 after the Brit Awards performance, but in the end it didn't come close to breaking the top 20.
Old 03-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I watched it live. It was quite a fall but knowing Madonna I'm still a bit skeptical that it wasn't just a planned publicity stunt.

Kanye West helped to fuel his reputation as a bit of a d*ckhead earlier in the show.
There is nothing about it that looks like a planned publicity stunt. I'm sure the people in the front rows who saw her fall would agree.

And I agree that Kanye West is a genuine egotistical douche bag. Any talent he has is eclipsed by his embarrassing arrogant behavior. I'm amazed that he retains a fan base.

I recall seeing a clip of him the Kadashian Klan, proclaiming them the greatest family in the world. I wonder what he will say about them when the divorce comes.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-12-2015 at 05:21 PM..
Old 03-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
I thought Living for Love might have peaked inside the top 10 after the Brit Awards performance, but in the end it didn't come close to breaking the top 20.
I thought it would have done much better. Madonna was 'black-balled' by Radio 1 though- if an artist doesn't make the Radio 1 playlist they'll have a hard time getting a hit these days.

Quote:
There is nothing about it that looks like a planned publicity stunt. I'm sure the people in the front rows who saw her fall would agree.
Okay, in retrospect I'm pretty sure it was an accident and not a well planned publicity stunt (but I'm still not absolutely 100% sure!).
Old 03-13-2015, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She could done a wardrobe malfunction like Ms Jackson did would be safer instead of risking her life or breaking something on her body or cracking her head open on the stage.

Speaking of Mr West.Pres Obama was on Jimmy Kimmel talking about Mr West.

Old 03-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
She could done a wardrobe malfunction like Ms Jackson did would be safer instead of risking her life or breaking something on her body or cracking her head open on the stage.

Speaking of Mr West.Pres Obama was on Jimmy Kimmel talking about Mr West.
This is Madonna though. She doesn't do wardrobe malfunctions- that's so passe and last century. She's at the cutting edge of publicity.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is Madonna though. She doesn't do wardrobe malfunctions- that's so passe and last century. She's at the cutting edge of publicity.
Yes I agree.