The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-12-2018, 01:40 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 692
Default "She Smiled Sweetly" (Which Is Better?)

Which version is better?: this one or the one from Seeds We Sow (don't know whether I'm allowed to post the link to that version since it's on an official album): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2WI...J8Fwc8&index=5
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 12-12-2018, 01:56 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,735
Default

https://youtu.be/wwAsS9qjX7c
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-12-2018, 02:10 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 692
Default

People overlook just what a good voice Lindsey has. As much as his guitar (if not more so), what 1987-95 and 2018 have demonstrated is just how hard (if not impossible) it is to replace his voice.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-12-2018, 03:20 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,735
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
People overlook just what a good voice Lindsey has. As much as his guitar (if not more so), what 1987-95 and 2018 have demonstrated is just how hard (if not impossible) it is to replace his voice.
I always thought he sounded like Kenny Loggins.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM
stevierocks87's Avatar
stevierocks87 stevierocks87 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
People overlook just what a good voice Lindsey has. As much as his guitar (if not more so), what 1987-95 and 2018 have demonstrated is just how hard (if not impossible) it is to replace his voice.
Which makes it all the more puzzling why he insists on modulating his voice so much on studio albums. IMO it almost ruins many great songs, especially on Under the Skin, and certainly makes the live versions much better. I wish he included live versions of Not Too Late, In Our Own Time, Seeds We Sow, and others instead of the studio cuts.
__________________
"and the woman may be awestruck and the woman may truely care, but the woman is so tired...so the woman disappears...come in out of the darkness, bella donna....my soul"- Stevie Nicks, "Bella Donna"
---In memory of my mom, Donna Jean (Jeannie) Allen Commins, 1957-2008- My Bella Donna.

Last edited by stevierocks87; 12-12-2018 at 04:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-12-2018, 04:57 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
Which makes it all the more puzzling why he insists on modulating his voice so much on studio albums. IMO it almost ruins many great songs, especially on Under the Skin, and certainly makes the live versions much better. I wish he included live versions of Not Too Late, In Our Own Time, Seeds We Sow, and others instead of the studio cuts.
The worst is "Say Goodbye." So much better live.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-12-2018, 07:59 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Which version is better?: this one or the one from Seeds We Sow (don't know whether I'm allowed to post the link to that version since it's on an official album): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2WI...J8Fwc8&index=5
original GOS version is way better. it is sublime. Seeds version is just ok.
__________________

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3 pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2 pictureRick Vito “Fleetwood Mac” Guitarist Inscribed Autograph Photo COA
$39.95
Rick Vito “Fleetwood Mac” Guitarist Inscribed Autograph Photo COA pictureRichard Francis "Rick" Vito - Vintage photo
$25.9
Richard Francis



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved