Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
seriously? i can't believe people want yet another greatest hits FM tour and expose LB to it - plus all that waste of his time IF - and that's a big if - he even performs live ever again. David Bowie never performed live after his heart attack. and he was way younger, only in his mid 50s. he did one-off appearances maybe 2 or 3 times all together and that was it. he created music and found different outlets for all his energy.

public apology, stop trashing him (they still have their paid for ridiculous reviews coming out!), and a reconciliation before it's too late would be nice. one off like the Dance to neatly wrap it up. but not another GH tour.

wake up call? he almost died! what bigger wake up call are you all waiting for?
Well, the "farewell tour" line was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but if Lindsey were up to it, I'd be down for it.

Truthfully, I just want them to be friends again, even if they never perform together. If they did perform again, though - even if it were just a one-off - I'd be in raptures.

I just want a happy ending for those two, after all these years. "The story has a strange ending" - more like "The story has a dire ending." A woman who so loved building a mythos is now crapping all over it. They've known each other since they were teenagers! This is wrong, so wrong, and Stevie should fix it before it's too late.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well, if you're asking me...

Apologize to Lindsey.

Help Miley Cyrus finish the "remake" of the Bella Donna album.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Apologize to Lindsey.

Help Miley Cyrus finish the "remake" of the Bella Donna album.
Remake? What remake?
Old 02-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Remake? What remake?
If you dare to go to the Stevie section of the Ledge
it's there. May have a bit of dust on it, but definitely
worth a read.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I just want them to be friends again
They haven't been friends since 1976, if even then.

The star-crossed lovers story they've played up since 1997 is nauseating and an affront to both the truth and to Lindsey's marriage.

"It's like one of those great romances of the century."–Stevie Nicks 2013, 1:21-2:21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

Give me a break. Don’t great romances usually end up with the two people together and not hating each other (or at least one hating the other)?

Watch as they walk on stage holding hands as though they are quasi-lovers, and bear in mind that Lindsey is married to another woman. Notice also how Lindsey yanks her with great force when she heads for the front of the stage.

These are not friends.

There is no genuine affection there and it's an insult to the fans, to the truth, and to Lindsey's marriage that they undertook such a facile charade. You don't see John and Christine holding hands and feigning some sort of lingering romantic bond.

Lindsey and Stevie have amazing musical chemistry, but that's all they have. And frankly, that should be enough.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-18-2019 at 06:10 PM..
Old 02-18-2019, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the Buckingham McVie album really pushed her over the edge. He finally had an outlet to use that material. It so exposed the fact that she didn't want to record. All that press, I'm sure, made her crazy.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I think the Buckingham McVie album really pushed her over the edge. He finally had an outlet to use that material. It so exposed the fact that she didn't want to record. All that press, I'm sure, made her crazy.
I do too. It was the straw that broke the old goat's back. $he HATED how well they were getting along, and how close they were. Bitter, jealous, old hag.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Who knows, but maybe Stevie was wanting to get rid of Lindsey for quite some time – even before Christine rejoined.

Because the band needs two of the three lead singers to have even the pretense of being Fleetwood Mac, Stevie could not get rid of Lindsey before 2014.

Once Christine came back, however, Lindsey became expendable. So Stevie might have intended all along to get Lindsey out of the picture following a single reunion tour of the Rumours lineup (2014-15).

Who knows whether it was her plan all along, but when Christine returned surely the thought at least crossed her mind that she could now get rid of Lindsey.

MusiCares came along and she had to wait a bit, but once the ceremony was over she was free to pull the trigger.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-18-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Old 02-18-2019, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I do too. It was the straw that broke the old goat's back. $he HATED how well they were getting along, and how close they were. Bitter, jealous, old hag.
It was the only thing she shared with Lindsey that no one else had.

She was proud of it, and she probably thought it only meant another musical project for him.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
They haven't been friends since 1976, if even then.

The star-crossed lovers story they've played up since 1997 is nauseating and an affront to both the truth and to Lindsey's marriage.

"It's like one of those great romances of the century."–Stevie Nicks 2013, 1:21-2:21: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIbnm2z3Atk

Give me a break. Don’t great romances usually end up with the two people together and not hating each other (or at least one hating the other)?

Watch as they walk on stage holding hands as though they are quasi-lovers, and bear in mind that Lindsey is married to another woman. Notice also how Lindsey yanks her with great force when she heads for the front of the stage.

These are not friends.

There is no genuine affection there and it's an insult to the fans, to the truth, and to Lindsey's marriage that they undertook such a facile charade. You don't see John and Christine holding hands and feigning some sort of lingering romantic bond.

Lindsey and Stevie have amazing musical chemistry, but that's all they have. And frankly, that should be enough.
Exactly! They're not friends, but well, Lindsey also contributed to the charade.

I think at this point he has more musical chemistry with Christine than with Stevie. I understand some shippers' desire to witness a happy ending but no matter what happens next, it will NEVER be the same. She ruined everything.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-18-2019, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It was the only thing she shared with Lindsey that no one else had.

She was proud of it, and she probably thought it only meant another musical project for him.
Isn't it true she went nuts when Christine and Lindsey wrote "World Turning?"
Old 02-18-2019, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Isn't it true she went nuts when Christine and Lindsey wrote "World Turning?"
I think I read somewhere that she went to her car and started crying.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I have definitely met LB fans on the road following FM. Not nearly as many as SN fans, but some. I remember spending an entire night with a lovely group of LB devotees while waiting in line for an FM Today Show appearance overnight in NYC. Some of them had come all the way from Australia that night to see the band, pretty amazing. But like I said, I wouldn’t expect those people I met that night to show up for shows now. They were specifically LB fans.
you are very right there! we did meet that night.

that fan came all the way from Australia to see specifically Lindsey, not the band. and after that tour also came to the US in 2017 to see BuckVie tour and last year to see Lindsey's Solo Anthology tour. and was one of the people in DC who he called "friends" for whom he did Rock Away Blind by request.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-19-2019, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you are very right there! we did meet that night.

that fan came all the way from Australia to see specifically Lindsey, not the band. and after that tour also came to the US in 2017 to see BuckVie tour and last year to see Lindsey's Solo Anthology tour. and was one of the people in DC who he called "friends" for whom he did Rock Away Blind by request.
Yep, I remember her well. I was the designated “spot holder” for my group of friends and sat there overnight holding our spot in line until the rest of my girlfriends arrived. The group of Lindsey ladies were very sweet. I’d already met a few of them previously at some Madison Square Garden shows. I remember we took turns running to Wawa for coffee for one another all night. It was a happier, more peaceful time in our little FM world lol
Old 02-19-2019, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think LBCM played a part, but not the one most are thinking.

She wasn’t jealous, she was emboldened.

The 24KG tour significantly outperformed LBCM by every metric.

THE Stephen Hopkins