The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, "did the world a favor" is pretty harsh, but Stevie herself has said she would have raised a dysfunctional child.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what I keep thinking as I read all these posts? This is what I keep thinking, that I could live out the rest of this life, and then live out another life, and I still wouldn't have as much sex as Stevie has had......and that depresses me deeply.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll tell you another thing I keep thinking about. These posts have basicly been about Stevie's sex life. There have been guys who have had hot sweaty sex with Stevie and all I got was a lousy handshake when I met her.......and that depresses me DEEPLY.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's obvious that Stevie slept around, but haven't we all? I think it's the norm.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
You know what I keep thinking as I read all these posts? This is what I keep thinking, that I could live out the rest of this life, and then live out another life, and I still wouldn't have as much sex as Stevie has had......and that depresses me deeply.
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Fleetwood View Post
I'll tell you another thing I keep thinking about. These posts have basicly been about Stevie's sex life. There have been guys who have had hot sweaty sex with Stevie and all I got was a lousy handshake when I met her.......and that depresses me DEEPLY.
Double awesome.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

And while I'd like to think at least one was a miscarriage just because it makes me cringe to think of Stevie essentially using abortion as birth control,
And the reason why I lean towards (at least one) miscarriage, in Stevie's own words:

Quote:
"Don't take me to the tower, and take my child away...and I who went to sleep as two, woke up as one..."
To me, a woman who is choosing to have an abortion is not going to say, "don't take my child away"...

And Matt Baumann's words about the recording of this song:

Quote:
"One of the more emotional moments made it to the film and that was when Stevie and Lindsey recorded "Goodbye Baby". That was shot very quietly late at night and due to the subject matter, was a very private and personal moment between those two"

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-14-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie says in the SA Interview that Don Henley talked about her abortion in a magazine interview...does anyone know what magazine?
And didnt Dez Dickerson (Prince's former guitar player) make a similar claim to another magazine sometime in the early 80s about Stevie getting pregnant by him and her having an abortion??

Last edited by SuiteShangriLa; 09-14-2010 at 07:40 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiteShangriLa View Post
Stevie says in the SA Interview that Don Henley talked about her abortion in a magazine interview...does anyone know what magazine?
And didnt Dez Dickenson (Prince's former guitar player) make a similar claim to another magazine sometime in the early 80s about Stevie getting pregnant by him and her having an abortion??
She said Vanity Fair in that interview and I think she's right.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
And didnt Dez Dickenson (Prince's former guitar player) make a similar claim to another magazine sometime in the early 80s about Stevie getting pregnant by him and her having an abortion??
It was GQ magazine and I have it around someplace. I saw it on the newsstands years ago and knew there was going to be something mentioned about Stevie. Wow what I total shock I had when I saw that one!
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
It was GQ magazine and I have it around someplace. I saw it on the newsstands years ago and knew there was going to be something mentioned about Stevie. Wow what I total shock I had when I saw that one!
Yeah, here's what I found on a search, it's a copy from the article and another segment from the poster's comments:

Quote:
The following quote is taken from Don Henley's 1991 interview with GQ:

[Henley's prodigious romantic escapades would include an affair with Stevie Nicks, who] "I believe to the best of my knowledge became pregnant by me. And she named the [unborn] kid Sara, and she had an abortion and then wrote the song of the same name to the spirit of the aborted baby. I was building my house at the time, and there's a line in the song that says ‘And when you build your house, call me.''

Following the release of that issue of GQ, there was a Stevie mention in the Sunday Parade, where a reader wrote in and asked how Stevie responded to Don's statement. The answer was:

"Stevie Nicks, 43, won't comment on Henley's revelation, only replies that they 'remain friends'. But in the notes to her new 'Best of' album, the singer writes candidly of love affairs she has had with rock stars Mick Fleetwood, Joe Walsh, and Henley. 'Finally, after all those years', Nicks says, 'people have to understand why these songs were written and why I sometimes get so emotional on stage, why I sometimes burst into tears.'"

Stevie was also asked about the GQ comment in an interview with Mary Turner in 1994. She responded by saying Don had to make many an apologetic phone call.

Understandably, it's a very personal subject-- the only other time she has publicly referenced it was in a 1992 interview with a UK magazine called VOX. Sadly she seems very disconnected and emotionally vulnerable in the interview, and even goes so far as to imply that she has lost four.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well she says Vanity Fair or some big magazine like that...what year was the interview with Don?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well she says Vanity Fair or some big magazine like that...what year was the interview with Don?
She says VF but it was GQ, 1991 : Henley
Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Yeah, here's what I found on a search, it's a copy from the article and another segment from the poster's comments:
aah ok...didnt see this before my last post.
So, is there any info anywhere on the Dez Dickenson interview?

edit. its Dez Dickerson

Last edited by SuiteShangriLa; 09-14-2010 at 07:39 PM..
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And didnt Dez Dickerson (Prince's former guitar player) make a similar claim to another magazine sometime in the early 80s about Stevie getting pregnant by him and her having an abortion??
Not unless by "Stevie getting pregnant by him and her having an abortion" he meant he found religion, quit the rock business in 1983, and had turned down a lucrative touring gig playing bass with Stevie Nicks...
Old 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got this from Wikipedia on Dez Dickerson;
He recently released a book, My Time with Prince-Confessions of a Former Revolutionary, which tells of his time with Prince and the Revolution from his first audition in 1978 until his departure in 1983.Wikipedia:
This might have some info on his existant or non-existant relationship with Stevie.

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~