User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

someone said in that SN vs LB thread something about maybe there are such warring factions of fans b/c SN and LB themselves are fanning that.
A good part of the factions can be directly attributed to an endless number of interview comments made over a period of decades that spark polarity. The fans may have come to hate each other independently -- they always do. I'm sure Spock and Kirk fans hate each other somewhere. But in FM's case, statements by the persons involved have always been made to spur and reinforce the antagonism. In fact, we're actually living in an age where the negative comments are fewer now than they have been in the past. So, enjoy it.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Meanwhile, the Christine fans are sitting in their little corner with their drinks and watch the events unfold until prompted into battle.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just don't see how anyone could percieve what Stevie said as Stevie bashing Lindsey or making an asshole out of him.

She said he loves and respects Chris but that he doesn't think it's a practical situation to be getting into where she can play only when she's feeling like it.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Meanwhile, the Christine fans are sitting in their little corner with their drinks and watch the events unfold until prompted into battle.
i wish i wasn't constantly prompted into battle.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I just don't see how anyone could percieve what Stevie said as Stevie bashing Lindsey or making an asshole out of him.

She said he loves and respects Chris but that he doesn't think it's a practical situation to be getting into where she can play only when she's feeling like it.
Lindsey's sentiments are certainly valid and reasonable (all hidden under the 'Stevie filter'). Though I think Chris could've performed more songs without being constituted as her "coming and going", so to speak.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I certainly am now.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

THANK YOU!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
first, we don't really know what she said.

second, read all the comments all over the board from people saying how he's a dick etc... so even if you may not see it, other people do.

frankly, if what the article implies is in fact true, i too will jump onboard with others thinking he's a dick, and not very smart either.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, one part of it is that it's kind of ridiculous to think that Christine even wanted to play only when she feels like it. So automatically, "she can't just come and go" seems like an insult to me as it implies a blithe have her cake and eat it too intent that Christine doesn't possess. Why did he say it? If he said it, why did Stevie say he said it?

I mean, I don't think he needs to say, "that hair clip is stupid" either. [Although Christine would probably say that to him]. Still, it's kind of an insult, so if he said it, he shouldn't and if he said it, Stevie shouldn't tell Mojo he did.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We all know he uses his ego to think more than he uses his brain.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
We all know he uses his ego to think more than he uses his brain.
is that true? i don't know that. what i do know is that is the impression people like to sell of him. in personal contacts, i didn't find him egotistic, at all.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
is that true? i don't know that. what i do know is that is the impression people like to sell of him. in personal contacts, i didn't find him egotistic, at all.
I'm inclined to think he did (and a huge drama queen too, like Stevie) especially during their heyday. He uses it less now, though he still has his moments.

Still want to meet him personally, though. The difference could be night and day.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't like battles when he's not doing anything. Like when he was sitting around minding his own business and Wendy says someone kept Bob out of the Hall of Fame and everyone started thinking it was Lindsey, until she finally said it was Christine. That kind of stuff drives me CRAZY, because what rationale would Lindsey have for doing that. Indeed, Wendy identified him as the one member who supported her.

I also don't like the, Lindsey made Stevie wear a granny sweater attitude just because she said that Lindsey asked couldn't she wear something different. Lindsey always has something to say. That doesn't dictate her clothing choices. But she says he said that and then either she was forced to do it by him or she graciously did it so that her bosom wouldn't upstage him and his poor little ego. That kind of thinking was the reason for my stay in the mental institution that summer.

He gets blamed for everything. John can't have indigestion without it being his fault. So, I don't like the anti-Lindsey rush to judgment. But when it comes to Christine, I think the Mojo blurb just put my own secret fears into print.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With the Hall of Fame thing, I always thought it was either Mick, John, or Christine. While I'm saddened to hear that Chris was indeed the culprit, it didn't surprise me at all as she does come across as someone who takes a long time to forgive. The lawsuit hit her the most because she was his closest collaborator.

Okay, I'm not very familiar with the whole granny sweater thing, so no comment on that one. His personality makes him an easy target, though.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think he has a particular ego about Christine coming on stage and stealing his ISA thunder. I mean, mainly because she never intruded on his stage antics in the first place (although because more of her songs were used, he obviously had less stage time for his own songs, but he could still do a NTF that never ended). Also, recall that it was not Christine's idea to do Songbird on stage alone anyway. She said the boys, including Lindsey, prodded her into doing that.

So, I don't think he has the sort of ego where he was jealous of the attention she was getting on stage for this cameo appearance. I just think he doesn't seem open to her working with FM on some things and not on others, like recording and not touring.

In that respect, I can definitely imagine him saying that "she can't just come and go". And my answer to that is why would he even care if she doesn't tour. Why not just record with her, as the easiest way to get new FM music?

Michele