Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
A. Lindsey is such a dick for doing that

B. Stevie is almost as bad for revealing this at least so soon. Painting lindsey in such a bad public light.

I don't know how many breaking bad fans there are on the ledge, but for those who are you know how one of the main on going arcs is the relationship between Walt and Jesse going back and forth and every season there's that one event that severs the 2 of them from each other and turns them into enemies, well this article is that moment that I believe will be reversing the recent Stevie/Lindsey reconciliation.
I don't think Stevie painted him in a bad public light at all and I don't think she or he would interpret it that way just because he didn't feel it was ok for Christine to play more than the one song as a special guest. Christine may have not wanted to infringe either if she had been asked to do more.

The only people who are making LB out to be a bad guy here are the fans. His opinion and reasons were viable. It's just that everyone really misses Christine.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The last Break Bad ep had me lying on the floor in the fetal position. Wow, is that show intense..
I'm dying. To sustain that kind of tension and interest from the first season to the last is a miracle.

I don't know how I got so far behind. I regret that I couldn't live this finale playing out with everyone.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes this past episode and the one before especially the one before called ozymandias had me not able to get to sleep afterwards. I'm not saying anything specific for your sake Michelle but wow! Never experienced feelings
LIke that from any tv show.

And my Stevie Lindsey. Walt jesses analogy works without taking this last season into account. So don't worry about what's to come.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't think Stevie painted him in a bad public light at all and I don't think she or he would interpret it that way just because he didn't feel it was ok for Christine to play more than the one song as a special guest.
I think he will interpret it as her complaining about him. But even though he probably won't repeat what she said, when asked he is going to say something negative himself, being the "she burned her bridges" fiend that he is. I mean, he's not going to make himself sound any better than Stevie has made him sound from the comments we've already gotten.

Michele

Quote:
Yes this past episode and the one before especially the one before called ozymandias had me not able to get to sleep afterwards. I'm not saying anything specific for your sake Michelle but wow! Never experienced feelings
LIke that from any tv show.

And my Stevie Lindsey. Walt jesses analogy works without taking this last season into account. So don't worry about what's to come.
What a great show!! I slept with the light on.. lol
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think Stevie painted him in a bad public light at all and I don't think she or he would interpret it that way just because he didn't feel it was ok for Christine to play more than the one song as a special guest. Christine may have not wanted to infringe either if she had been asked to do more.

The only people who are making LB out to be a bad guy here are the fans. His opinion and reasons were viable. It's just that everyone really misses Christine.

No his opinion and reasons are not viable. She's Christine freaking mcvie. She was in the band long before Lindsey and her presence would not distract from this magic set you rehearsed for 2 months. It would only enhance it. And since when does Lindsey give a crap about reviews anyways.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

“Lindsey [Buckingham] is very funny about that,” Nicks told MOJO’s James McNair. “I think his words were ‘She can’t just come and go’. That’s important to him, but it’s not quite so important to me. Much as Lindsey adores her; and he does – she’s the only one in Fleetwood Mac he was ever willing to listen to – he doesn’t want the first night reviews to be all about Christine’s one song, rather than the set we rehearsed for two months.”
What's the difference what night it is? It'll be the highlight of any of the reviews. And didn't the shows sell out? What does Lindsey care about the reviews?

Seems weird to me... I'm not even sure this interview took place...
Old 09-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No his opinion and reasons are not viable. She's Christine freaking mcvie. She was in the band long before Lindsey and her presence would not distract from this magic set you rehearsed for 2 months. It would only enhance it. And since when does Lindsey give a crap about reviews anyways.
It's illogical. It's like the whole, "Well, if she recorded with us and her song became a hit and she wasn't there to play it in concert, the world is going to end." It's a stupid excuse for .... I don't know for what. For his position that, "if she is not going to be in the band full time, recording and touring, then I don't want her."

It's such an incomprehensible stance to take. RECORD with her. She doesn't want to tour. He can tour all by himself with Stevie. FM albums will sell better if she records with them and then he can be alone with Stevie on the road with no keyboard and extra testicles. How is that not a win-win for everyone?

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
What's the difference what night it is? It'll be the highlight of any of the reviews. And didn't the shows sell out? What does Lindsey care about the reviews?

Seems weird to me... I'm not even sure this interview took place...
Well, the interview took place and I guess we'll get the full blast of it very shortly. But maybe there will be more context. Wildhearted was just lamenting the fact that the media just took Stevie's comment about Reese Witherspoon being too old and ran with it, when that's not exactly what she said.

Maybe Stevie said something different and even if she didn't, it's not what Lindsey himself said, but I know Lindsey is not going to say anything better than what Stevie said, even if it's different, because he's a nut on his own.

He's lucky that I don't wait until the quiet time in Say Goodbye and yell, "She CAN just come and go, Buster."

Anyway, on Friday, Stevie can you please stop Buck-blocking? Stop cornering Christine on the side with your hugs. Lindsey walk across the stage closer to Christine. Christine hug him back immediately. Everyone just make things right.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's just that everyone really misses Christine.
I don't doubt for one second that Lindsey misses her either. We've seen over the years how much of a blast Christine and Lindsey had jamming with eachother (very noticeable on the Mirage video) and I think they have a lot of mutual respect for eachother as musicians.

From what Stevie said, I didn't interpret that as Chris not being welcome back. I read it as "ok, Christine is going to come and do Don't Stop, and that's brilliant, but we've put all this hard work into this show for 48 dates so far and did all the promotion, preparation etc for it so it will only be for Don't Stop"..I mean, the tour sold out before any mention of Christine's name - that hype only started after her appearance in Maui. So if Chris wanted to come back, she's welcome to, but she'd have to work hard like the others did. Last night's show was like a fine tuned machine, it ran perfectly and was absolutely amazing - I can understand why Lindsey would not want to disturb that as they've fine tuned it to perfection.

If Christine had been on board from the very beginning for the whole tour, it would be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It's illogical. It's like the whole, "Well, if she recorded with us and her song became a hit and she wasn't there to play it in concert, the world is going to end." It's a stupid excuse for .... I don't know for what. For his position that, "if she is not going to be in the band full time, recording and touring, then I don't want her."

It's such an incomprehensible stance to take. RECORD with her. She doesn't want to tour. He can tour all by himself with Stevie. FM albums will sell better if she records with them and then he can be alone with Stevie on the road with no keyboard and extra testicles. How is that not a win-win for everyone?

Michele
I agree completely. Lindsey is acting a little bit too much like Fleetwood Mac is HIS. Which it isn't. At all. And if anything, Christine has far more right to be on that stage under the name "Fleetwood Mac" than Lindsey does, having been associated with the group since 1968.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 09-26-2013 at 04:42 PM..
Old 09-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He's lucky that I don't wait until the quiet time in Say Goodbye and yell, "She CAN just come and go, Buster."

Why on earth would Buckingham begrudge Chris's returning? The only affect it would have is to strengthen the band.

Maybe he feels the rest of them have put in all the work over the last 10+ years, and have been successful without her... still, whatever way he is thinking about it, it seems wrong. Especially hearing the comment about her not being able to come and go. I would welcome her back with open arms.

Would he make that comment about Mick or John if they left and wanted to come back? Doubt it. Stop being weird, Buckster.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Maybe he feels the rest of them have put in all the work over the last 10+ years, and have been successful without her...
Like Christine didn't put in enough work in the 7 years before anybody had ever heard of Lindsey Buckingham? Like Christine didn't put in enough work on the Tango and BTM tours when Lindsey quit? Like Christine's songs weren't good enough to give the BN-era there biggest UK hit?

Pffft. Stevie, smack some sense into him with that tambourine!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I don't doubt for one second that Lindsey misses her either. We've seen over the years how much of a blast Christine and Lindsey had jamming with eachother (very noticeable on the Mirage video) and I think they have a lot of mutual respect for eachother as musicians.

From what Stevie said, I didn't interpret that as Chris not being welcome back. I read it as "ok, Christine is going to come and do Don't Stop, and that's brilliant, but we've put all this hard work into this show for 48 dates so far and did all the promotion, preparation etc for it so it will only be for Don't Stop"..I mean, the tour sold out before any mention of Christine's name - that hype only started after her appearance in Maui. So if Chris wanted to come back, she's welcome to, but she'd have to work hard like the others did. Last night's show was like a fine tuned machine, it ran perfectly and was absolutely amazing - I can understand why Lindsey would not want to disturb that as they've fine tuned it to perfection.
Sharing a mic for World Turning with her maracas would not upset anything. Brett and Neale could just carry on as usual. She wouldn't play.
Christine, if you want to do this, just do it. You don't need his permission. Just walk out there. It's your place.

Of course, she doesn't want to. She's not that type. But I'm just stating what my feelings are.

No one cares what you think, Lindsey. Well, I do care on every other subject except this one.

Michele
Old 09-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So off topic...sort of on topic, but I know better. Posting anyway.

I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Would he make that comment about Mick or John if they left and wanted to come back? Doubt it. Stop being weird, Buckster.
Ah, he might say that about John. Mick, no.

Michele