The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she's only doing one song with them because she/they don't want people reading into it that she's rejoining the band. Maybe they want it to seem like it really is just a one-time thing.

But that's just a guess. I stopped trying to figure out the Mac and Stevie's professional decisions a long time ago (well, 2011).

Jamie
Old 09-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I think she's only doing one song with them because she/they don't want people reading into it that she's rejoining the band. Maybe they want it to seem like it really is just a one-time thing.

But that's just a guess. I stopped trying to figure out the Mac and Stevie's professional decisions a long time ago (well, 2011).

Jamie
I think you are right. I doubt she wants to infringe on what they've got going on; she wouldn't want it to be all about her. Also, as you say, there's no way she wants to rejoin the touring machine so she will have thought about how best to "rejoin without rejoining"!
Old 09-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's saying "the second two shows". I hope she means the second two London shows, as they're the ones I've got tickets for. I shall be insanely happy if I get to see all five of them playing together at last. Even if it is only for "Don't stop".
Old 09-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Stevie's saying "the second two shows". I hope she means the second two London shows, as they're the ones I've got tickets for. I shall be insanely happy if I get to see all five of them playing together at last. Even if it is only for "Don't stop".
I daren't hope.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank heaven. Thing is, I bet they pinned it down to the second two shows months ago, but Mick just didn't want to say so.

Michele
Old 09-13-2013, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Have mercy, baby, on a poor girl like me ...]

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-tour-20130913

Rolling Stone By Ryan Reed

September 13, 2013 2:35 PM ETEver since Christine McVie quit Fleetwood Mac in 1998, fans have pined for a full-fledged reunion of the band's classic lineup. Now it's finally happening – well, sort of.

As the BBC reports, McVie has agreed to rejoin her bandmates for two shows during the band's upcoming European tour. Singer Stevie Nicks broke the news during an interview with BBC Radio 4's Woman's Hour.

Q&A: Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham Reveal Lingering Tensions in Fleetwood Mac

"She is going to come and do a song on the second two shows," Nicks said. "I think it will probably be 'Don't Stop.' I don't know, but she's coming to Ireland to rehearse with us." The BBC was unable to confirm specific details with band representatives.

This news is quite surprising: Last year, during an interview with Rolling Stone, Nicks shared a pessimistic outlook on a potential reunion.

"I would say there's no more a chance of that happening than an asteroid hitting the earth," she said. "She is done. You know when you look in somebody's face and you can just tell? She doesn't want to do it anymore. She doesn't want to fly. She doesn't want to come back to America. When she left, she left. She sold her house, her piano, her car. She went to England and she has never been back since 1998, so it's not really feasible, as much as we would all like to think that she'll just change her mind one day. I don't think it'll happen. We love her, so we had to let her go."

During her Woman's Hour interview, Nicks also reflected on the bond she and McVie shared as bandmates.

"Both of us in a man's world, from the very beginning, we made a pact that we would be a force of nature together. And we were," she says, noting that she "felt powerless" when McVie quit the band. "We had a lot of power when there were two of us. That wasn't really so noticeable to us because we just had it until she left."

Fleetwood Mac's European tour kicks off September 20th in Dublin, Ireland. Their latest EP, Extended Play, was released in May.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2eoPQCiWh
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Old 09-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
or maybe SN thinks they have first 2 shows in Dublin, and second 2 shows in London (and she forgot they have 3 shows in London)?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
or maybe SN thinks they have first 2 shows in Dublin, and second 2 shows in London (and she forgot they have 3 shows in London)?
Exactly! Stevie's grasp of these things (like dates!) is shaky...
Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Two lines that would describe all this.

I'll be coming home again
Just you wait and see.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-14-2013, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is what I'm figuring that she means but I feel bad for the people that are attending the 1st London show if this is the case. Imagine the thunderous applause she will receive when she walks out on stage.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I stopped trying to figure out the Mac and Stevie's professional decisions a long time ago (well, 2011).
This cracked me up.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
This is what I'm figuring that she means but I feel bad for the people that are attending the 1st London show if this is the case. Imagine the thunderous applause she will receive when she walks out on stage.
I'm still not clear why she's taking the trouble to head to Ireland if she isn't playing there. I suppose she will take the ferry, though, so it won't be as much of a strain.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I'm still not clear why she's taking the trouble to head to Ireland if she isn't playing there.
That's the only free time they have to rehearse.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That's the only free time they have to rehearse.
I see!
Old 09-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So many questions, so little answers.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie