Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Divorce and women: which way does the wind blow? Nov 03
Fleetwood Mac and a divorce lawyer’s Rumours
Coping With Divorce

'He accused her of shacking up with another.'
I don't really think that is what "packin' up, shackin' up's all you want to do" means though. I always thought it was him saying that all she wanted to do was travel around and "live in sin" with him as opposed to eventually getting married (although, I don't he wanted to get married anymore than she did at that time). That made sense to me because he wrote it after they'd begun traveling the world together as part of Fleetwood Mac. I thought the "packin' up" part was in reference to that and the "shackin' up" part was in reference to their relationship.

Last edited by GypsyBlueEyes; 11-03-2009 at 10:00 PM..
Old 11-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I haven't seen either
Have you figured out the Torrent phenomena yet? I had 2 friends sit me down this past weekend and show me how to download, install, and run utorrent... and how to download torrents, and play them. If you want, one night we can chat online and I can see if I can help you. I'm not terribly abreast in the whole torrent thing, and I have a Mac... so I might not be of much help. But once you get set up with the whole torrent thing, you won't believe what all is out there. The throwndown.net site alone is just a gold mine...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Have you figured out the Torrent phenomena yet? I had 2 friends sit me down this past weekend and show me how to download, install, and run utorrent... and how to download torrents, and play them. If you want, one night we can chat online and I can see if I can help you. I'm not terribly abreast in the whole torrent thing, and I have a Mac... so I might not be of much help. But once you get set up with the whole torrent thing, you won't believe what all is out there. The throwndown.net site alone is just a gold mine...
I have Don't Stop up and running but I don't think the Disney Special is going to work. I think its just a seeding issue though?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have Don't Stop up and running but I don't think the Disney Special is going to work. I think its just a seeding issue though?
It probably is. Let me get my utorrent up and running, and maybe that will help .
Old 11-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I don't really think that is what "packin' up, shackin' up's all you want to do" means though. I always thought it was him saying that all she wanted to do was travel around and "live in sin" with him as opposed to eventually getting married (although, I don't he wanted to get married anymore than she did at that time). That made sense to me because he wrote it after they'd begun traveling the world together as part of Fleetwood Mac. I thought the "packin' up" part was in reference to that and the "shackin' up" part was in reference to their relationship.
Yes, I can see how the meaning can go both ways. But I weigh in favor of "shackin' up" as in sleeping around. I don't think she would have gotten as upset about it, if she didn't think he meant promiscuous sex. That's why we have to listen to how prudish and ladylike she is, even all these years later. As for marriage, Stevie said Lindsey never really wanted to get married, but that all changed when he had his 'beautiful baby boy.' I just don't think they had marriage on the brain, not because the relationship wasn't serious enough for it, just because maybe young, artsy Californians didn't think a piece of paper was necessary in the early seventies. They just thought that living together as if married was good enough.

Michele
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thoroughly enjoyed this doc. It was a bit more refreshing than what we normally hear. They spent a lot of time talking about Tusk, I thought. (Won't be surprised if these sound bites end up as the radio special someone posted about to air this month).

Anyway, the way the whole thing ended, still focusing on how SnL are still yet trying to resolve and heal their relationship just rings hollow. Me thinks thou doth protest too much... But, I admit it was a humourous ending - the whole "Landslide" will bring you down thing. The FM story has become the saga of perpetual tenseness between Stevie and Lindsey?! Yawn. Get some new material, please!! ...

So, Stevie had some classic comedic moments as normal. She's just funny without trying to be sometimes. For instance, the way she looked at the camera when she was thinking how she was going to talk about the Tango fight. Oh! I did think it was touching how she sort of took up for Lindsey's complaint about her being absent from the work on the Tango album.

Great to hear "Stephanie" being played in the background too. Nice touch. And, it was especially cool to hear Lindsey talk about Stevie's writing and then playing the Rhiannon riff. Very sweet surprise! He didn't seem to be as much on the defensive as usual.

Loved seeing and hearing from John!! That was a really nice treat. And, Margi Kent's segment was neat too.

Btw, Stevie's new fav word is "done". "We're done, done." "He's done." LOL. Love that.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It probably is. Let me get my utorrent up and running, and maybe that will help .
Only my audio works on Don't Stop! Torrents constantly frustrate me
Old 11-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Stevie is very talented, in that she has the ability to look quite sane and rational, especially these days. When she was still on drugs, she couldn't perfect that illusion as successfully, but nowadays, she can really be a measured wit.

Michele
She's not, huh?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I can see how the meaning can go both ways. But I weigh in favor of "shackin' up" as in sleeping around. I don't think she would have gotten as upset about it, if she didn't think he meant promiscuous sex. That's why we have to listen to how prudish and ladylike she is, even all these years later. As for marriage, Stevie said Lindsey never really wanted to get married, but that all changed when he had his 'beautiful baby boy.' I just don't think they had marriage on the brain, not because the relationship wasn't serious enough for it, just because maybe young, artsy Californians didn't think a piece of paper was necessary in the early seventies. They just thought that living together as if married was good enough.

Michele
I just don't get why Stevie was so inflamed by that lyric, especially still in 2009! It's been 32 freakin' years already! Not to mention, her own liaisons and escapades are very well documented. I doubt to this day that any rock and roll chick has banged more fellow music industry dudes than Stevie Nicks. And you don't have a half dozen abortions if you're "prudish" . Or have a hole in your septum the size of a nickel. Or zonk yourself out on tranquilizers for 10 years. Or, or, or...

It just seems this damn woman gets further out of touch with reality the older she gets. And grumpier!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Only my audio works on Don't Stop! Torrents constantly frustrate me
You need to look up, download, and install a media player called VLC Player. It's free, and will play absolutely any file type.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just don't get why Stevie was so inflamed by that lyric, especially still in 2009! It's been 32 freakin' years already! Not to mention, her own liaisons and escapades are very well documented. I doubt to this day that any rock and roll chick has banged more fellow music industry dudes than Stevie Nicks. And you don't have a half dozen abortions if you're "prudish" . Or have a hole in your septum the size of a nickel. Or zonk yourself out on tranquilizers for 10 years. Or, or, or...

It just seems this damn woman gets further out of touch with reality the older she gets. And grumpier!
Costume by Margi Kent.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Loved seeing and hearing from John!! That was a really nice treat. And, Margi Kent's segment was neat too.
Duh!! That's the one thing I forgot to bring up! It was neat hearing from Margi... I'd never seen her talk before. I've seen pics of her though... it's always interested me how someone so very... country club housewife looking could be the creator of Stevie's gothic gypsy witchy look .
Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I agree, but I don't even hold it past Stevie to flip out over nothing. I do, however, think that Lindsey would've publicly accused her of jumping to the wrong conclusion had it been the wrong conclusion.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I I doubt to this day that any rock and roll chick has banged more fellow music industry dudes than Stevie Nicks.
Really? Even though she died early, I am pretty sure Janis had Stevie beat by a long mile.

In fairness, Stevie's gripe is that she says Lindsey knows that she didn't shack up with anyone when she was with him. Now, I don't think that's true, but that's what she's saying. She's not talking about what she did as a single gal afterwards. She also thinks that Lindsey just wrote it to annoy her, which is probably true. Thirty-two years later, he's still getting his money's worth out of that one. I wish I could do one thing that would get on someone's nerves for that long!

On the other hand, like Dee said, maybe they doth protest too much. They smiled at each other when singing that line during the SYW tour.

Michele
Old 11-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, but I don't even hold it past Stevie to flip out over nothing. I do, however, think that Lindsey would've publicly accused her of jumping to the wrong conclusion had it been the wrong conclusion.
I know. Instead, Lindsey is pretty happy about her conclusion. On Dateline he cheerily said, "I just called a spade a spade." Which is kind of hilarious when I think about it.

Michele