User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Lindsey just killed it, I thought, on Oh Well & I'm So Afraid. He was sweating up a storm; Linds needs to loose that leather jacket.
Yes, I don't know why he keeps that on. Solo, he'll have it on until the encores, when he's obviously suffocating. He should probably not perform in short sleeves and the leather does lend a certain cred, but if he could find a light weight jacket or a full shirt like he had for the SYW that would seem to be a better solution.

Or maybe he likes to sweat and uses the show as his own personal sauna.

Michele
Old 04-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
is that the david into beethoven?
Well... he does have those long piano-player-like fingers...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Philly gay socialite and jeweler extraordinaire Henri David:

Please stop bashing the gays :angry:

Seriously, I am looking forward to the videos? Since you are Japanese, I'm sure you had a good one if not several.

Also, be more specific about La Nicks. Was she intercting with LB? Did she have that kind of perma scowl - or was it lots of smiles? Also, did she dance any or move around in a non lethargic manner?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

Seriously, I am looking forward to the videos? Since you are Japanese, I'm sure you had a good one if not several.

Also, be more specific about La Nicks. Was she intercting with LB? Did she have that kind of perma scowl - or was it lots of smiles? Also, did she dance any or move around in a non lethargic manner?
she didnt interact much at all with LB. When they came out for Dont Stop (or possible WT, I dont remember which) they put their backs to each other and started gyrating. No lie. And then exchanged some words and very hearty laughs, especially from Stevie. Overall, Stevie was her restrained Fleetwood Mac persona. At times, her performances reminded me just a little bit of her Klonopin performances...over exaggerated, slow motion movements. She did seem to be a good mood, and smiled a lot! The SB twirls were great. She didnt twirl in one spot, she moved across the stage for about 1/2 of it, which was pretty cool. An above average twirl for sure. She was also really rocking out with the tambo during GYOW...lots of hip action.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

You aren't paying attention- I'm a g**k, not a n*p. We do dry cleaning and green groceries, not cameras! Duh! And you're just jealous that Henri David stole those boots out of your "overnighter" bag.

Mama was definitely feeling her Geritol last night- definitely not a zombie at all. But then again, she wasn't exactly doing rum rolls during "Stand Back" either.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
she didnt interact much at all with LB. When they came out for Dont Stop (or possible WT, I dont remember which) they put their backs to each other and started gyrating. No lie.
It sounds just a little like what they did for Don't Stop during the SYW tour. I'm interested in the gyrating. I want to see that.

For SYW, they would go back to back and then Lindsey would rub his head all over her hair, while her back was to him. It was as if she was offering it to him.

Michele
Old 04-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It sounds just a little like what they did for Don't Stop during the SYW tour. I'm interested in the gyrating. I want to see that.

For SYW, they would go back to back and then Lindsey would rub his head all over her hair, while her back was to him. It was as if she was offering it to him.

Michele
it was definitely unexpected and not exactly tame. There was some serious grabbing and swiveling going on! All in fun, Im sure...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Yeah, after their little exchange, she went up to her mike straightening the top part of her outfit. (The audience went crazy.) The smile on her face was priceless, like the cat that swallowed the canary or her case, the cat the swallowed the "tweety bird". Tweet, tweet!

Lee
Old 04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
she didnt interact much at all with LB. When they came out for Dont Stop (or possible WT, I dont remember which) they put their backs to each other and started gyrating. No lie. And then exchanged some words and very hearty laughs, especially from Stevie. Overall, Stevie was her restrained Fleetwood Mac persona. At times, her performances reminded me just a little bit of her Klonopin performances...over exaggerated, slow motion movements. She did seem to be a good mood, and smiled a lot! The SB twirls were great. She didnt twirl in one spot, she moved across the stage for about 1/2 of it, which was pretty cool. An above average twirl for sure. She was also really rocking out with the tambo during GYOW...lots of hip action.
In the video of GYPSY from the show she seemed to have her eyes closed a lot, similar to that Melbourne Symphony Orchestra performance.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Have you ever seen Michael McDonald sing? He always sings with his eyes shut which annoys me because he has the prettiest blue eyes.

Lee
Old 04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
I have been to many, many FM & Stevie solo show's and I don't think I have EVER seen one single black person just an observationn, not being racist

Sounds like it was a great show. How was Stevie? Still relaxed on Storms?
Yeah.. and I "resemble" that remark about us "older" white folks being in the audience... ROTFLMFAO

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Have you ever seen Michael McDonald sing? He always sings with his eyes shut which annoys me because he has the prettiest blue eyes.

Lee

Ya know I *have* noticed that about Michael McDonald, but for some reason it seems a little more acceptable when you are playing an instrument..Stevie's are like half closed, with very slow blinks. I think the stage lights bother her eyes actually.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoscascott View Post
Was again lucky enough to met lindsey last night! Also ran into Brett, john , Mick , and lori. Should be a great show again!
Hey Sweetie!!!

I'm SOOOO glad you had such a GREAT time, and getting to meet Lindsey and some of the others, and meeting up with buddies last night, WOW ! That's AWESOME Alex!! You never know, I just may end up meeting you at one of the NJ shows in June or July that they are adding..

Old 04-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Philly gay socialite and jeweler extraordinaire Henri David:

LOOOOOOOVE his boots!!

Old 04-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Review-

We got up to the doors at about 6:55 - and everyone was still waiting to get in. This was my first time seeing the Mac. I have seen Stevie twice and Lindsey once, but when we got there I knew this was gonna be big!

I was hoping that there would be tour books (esp. since there was a sign that said 'PROGRAMS', sadly, they were not there) They had circlular tambos for sale for 40 bucks. Not sure if that was new or not, but I've never heard about them before. I got a brown shirt with the band in front and the penguin logo they are using on the back. The hoodies are really nice, but I just couldn't spend 85 dollars on one. The woman in front of me spent 320 some dollars on Merchandise! We didn't even pay that much for 11th row!

The band was very tight tonight! Monday Morning is a great opener and I love The Chain as 2nd song. Stevie came out in black tonight, and changed to the red outfit later in the set. Then Dreams came along and I thought Stevie's voice sounded the most naisily I've heard it within the past 2 or 3 years. I'll be interested to hear how it sounds in the recording of the show. Stevie always sounds different in person to me. Unless my ears are screwed up.

Stevie was chatting with John while Lindsey was introducing I Know I'm Not Wrong. Then Gypsy came, which was a highlight moment for me. She told a new/different introduction to the song, relating it to San Fransico. Somewhere during her introduction somebody yelled out "How stoned were you?" She laughed and said something like "pretty stoned" At first I didn't understand what the guy had yelled out, and I thought stevie said steller instead of stoned. So I couldn't enjoy the moment as it happened, I was just confused. I didn't find out till my Mom told me what she said on the ride home. I love the Gypsy video playing in the background...seeing it, and then seeing Stevie and Lindsey sing Gypsy gave me chills.

Storms was really good. There was one song, and I don't remember if it was this one, where Stevie held out a note really long, so long that her voice cracked at the end of it. Anyone remember?

Gold Dust Woman was great! She did something different and yelled "Dragon!" for a long time. And the wail was really good. I much prefer her standing in front of Mick's drums after she sings, than going over to dance with Waddy like she does solo.

Oh Well was next, and this was my favorite of Lindsey's tonight. It rocked extra hard, better than any of the recorded boots I've heard so far. I'm So Afraid also rocked.

Stand Back was good - the spins were nice and she twirled from John, all the way over past Micks' drum set. Normal black stand back cape. She had a lovely smile near the end of this song.

Go Your Own Way - Stevie and Lindsey are supposed to cross over each other and go to the opposite side of the stage at the point of Stevie's mic. However, Stevie forgot to and Lindsey came over and she was still playing with us over in the left side of the stage. It seemed like they realized the "mistake" because they gave each other silly looks as Stevie went over to the other side.

World turning with Mick's drum solo was great! He was really into it and was sweating like a mad man. I'm glad he didn't have a heart attack! "Are you still WITH ME!"

Silver Springs was great, and I was able to get some shots of Stevie really getting into it at the end.

Overall it was an AMAZING show. The crowd was really into it - I'd guess 80% full at least? The band seemed impressed by the crowd. Lindsey started bowing down during one round of aplause near the end. I took it as we are "worshiping" them. Haha. I had great seats, the closest I've ever been. It is nice to be so close because I could see the reactions on the bands faces all night. Also had a great view of all of Stevie and most of Lindsey. Thankfully, four short 40 somethings sat in the seats right in front of me. I couldn't believe me luck! They were happy with each other tonight, that is for sure. Laughing and all. Stevie gave thanks to us at the end of the show, not just Lindsey and Mick. She threw Mick off when she did this, he was about to talk but Stevie butted in with her words of thanks. Mick gave a little chuckle, Stevie didn't seem to notice what she did. After Mick gave his speech, stevie put her fist up ala Red Rocks DVD cover and the band left the stage.

Thank you, Fleetwood Mac.

edit: also I thought I noiced there might have been a small fight on during the first or second song? I saw some movement up front and center and saw some dirty looks were exhanged. Couldn't really see - did a ledgie do it? Also, I hope to have the pics up some time soon...I think I got some good ones.

Last edited by nailatixela; 04-16-2009 at 02:59 PM..