User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I often wonder if the drama is stages and they are playing parts in the press. I mean no one has this much drama in their lives. Personally, I think it is all K's fault

K as in Kristen?

I do hope you're kidding.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
. . . rather than the more likely (IMO) case of him simply feeling that he deserves the same level of success.
I think that is part of it to be sure. And, his talent merits that level of success. But, having a set of nads myself, I can tell you male jealousy of a hottie who dumped you and then having wild success is a severe blow to the male ego, such as it is

I think LB likely thinks he is as committed to FM. However, that he walked awayin 87 and came back in 97 and 03 mostly for the money and to get the vehicle to release his solo stuff is not the same as La Nicks going back to FM since 1981 - she did not use the band that way, save for 97, when they all needed it, though had La Nicks lost the weight and released a killer solo record in 97, she likely would have had moderate if not significant success. People love a comeback and she clearly played that card in 97 in FM.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I often wonder if the drama is stages and they are playing parts in the press. I mean no one has this much drama in their lives. Personally, I think it is all K's fault

i wonder that too. but then, why wouldn't lindsey be going after stevie in the press? but sometimes i wonder. this band has always been about big egos, f*cked up love affairs/triangles, chemistry and great music. why stop now?

i say let them beat the **** out of each other to a bloody pulp, just make great music while you're at it
Old 04-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
K as in Kristen?

I do hope you're kidding.
SHE IS BABY HOLDING EVIL BEEYOTCH

(of course I am joking )

Old 04-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
i wonder that too. but then, why wouldn't lindsey be going after stevie in the press? but sometimes i wonder. this band has always been about big egos, f*cked up love affairs/triangles, chemistry and great music. why stop now?

i say let them beat the **** out of each other to a bloody pulp, just make great music while you're at it
But he does. When SYW was released, he made that comment about her never thanking him and seeing the record in dark colors, etc.

More recently, he piped up about moving the mics closer on stage.

So, he gets his jabs in. I think that La Nicks is more in the public spotlight is a large reason why she gets more quotes, etc. I mean if you interview La Nicks, you have to ask about FM

Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
Thanks for the You Tube video...its great. Where was this at? I love the song Sara....it goes to also show that Stevie can still sing her 'older' songs...even if her voice is lower...she just has to change how she sings them. I think she's just lazy & doesn't like to change her set list up or make excuses for not changing songs etc...theres always ways she can do things so she could sing them....she doesn't want to though...sad but true...IMO....thanks again for the video.....cool
This was the opening night of the third leg of the SYW tour - gldstwmn and I schlepped it up to Madison, WI for the show, which was fantastic.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
However, that he walked away in 87 and came back in 97 and 03 mostly for the money and to get the vehicle to release his solo stuff.
What evidence do you have to support that claim?

If he was using it as a "vehicle for his solo stuff," he would've cashed in on the attention by releasing a solo album in 98 when it would've been most lucrative. I also don't see how it was a money thing. It's not like he had family to support at that point and as far as I know he never had the financial difficulties that Mick had.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What evidence do you have to support that claim?

If he was using it as a "vehicle for his solo stuff," he would've cashed in on the attention by releasing a solo album in 98 when it would've been most lucrative. I also don't see how it was a money thing. It's not like he had family to support at that point and as far as I know he never had the financial difficulties that Mick had.
He said in the interviews around the time of The Dance and in the ones after that The Dance was about the money and to bring him back in the spotlight for his solo vehicle. He did get his solo stuff ready by, I think, 1999 ( a miracle for him if ask me ) -- but he says Warners changed management and was not interested in him (hence WTWCT) -- so, he again went to FM and SYW was the result. If anyone has the quotes, maybe they'll post them. Maybe LB is in a better place now with the need to have commercial success. UTS and the tour certainly were not commercial successes, though they were mostly critically acclaimed. So, maybe he's over it.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right on!

Quote:
I completely agree. She's no more commited to the band than Lindsey. I also think it's pretty ridiculous to cite Stevie's solo triumphs when she's basically become a Vegas act, playing the old hits to a bunch of old fans. She may have another solo project in the works, but she hasn't actually released new material since 2001. She seems satisfied to keep releasing compilations instead. I mean, from 1991 to 2007, she released a best of, a box set and yet another best of with only two albums of new material (neither of which, IMO, were anywhere near as good as her previous solo work) in that same time frame. How triumphant is that?
Well, yes there are old fans at Stevie shows, but there are new fans, too. I am a new Stevie fan, I am only 20. I know there are other new Stevie Nicks / Fleetwood Mac fans out there, too!

I don't think it's fair to say Stevie's a "Vegas Act", either... last summer she had the extensive Crystal Visions tour, and she has released dates this summer all over the country. She rocked when I saw her last summer, I can't wait to see her again this summer.

And, in my opinion, Trouble in Shangri La is as good as or better than some of Stevie's previous work.

New fans like me have never had a chance to see Fleetwood Mac live! I am just dying for them to reunite for one more tour!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Surely the reason Stevie is saying all this stuff publicly is to put herself in a better bargaining position? Somehow I think she knows what she's doing.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He said in the interviews around the time of The Dance and in the ones after that The Dance was about the money and to bring him back in the spotlight for his solo vehicle.
I don't recall him saying anything about it being about money. I mean, if you're right, you're right, but I'd like to see some articles to prove it.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Surely the reason Stevie is saying all this stuff publicly is to put herself in a better bargaining position? Somehow I think she knows what she's doing.
She knows her power in the band is her star power. She also is a pro act handling and using the press. So, of course this is in some manner a bargaining chip she is playing. It also likely is the truth.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't recall him saying anything about it being about money. I mean, if you're right, you're right, but I'd like to see some articles to prove it.
It was in the initial press for SYW. He was talking about the new material and how it got to that point. He also said during The Dance interviews that any notice he got out of a highly successful FM reunion would help his solo career. I used to have all that stuff, but no longer do. Maybe someone will have it readily available and post it.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I also find it really harsh to villify Lindsey for being jealous of Stevie's success. Jealousy is a very natural emotion that we all feel from time to time. People are too quick to assume that he doesn't want Stevie to be the success that she is, rather than the more likely (IMO) case of him simply feeling that he deserves the same level of success.
I always thought that Lindsey wasn't so much jealous of her success but jealous that so much of Fleetwood Mac's success was credited to her, when obviously he was behind much of the sound. Then when she broke big as a solo artist it seemed to back up the claims that she was the main reason Fleetwood Mac became such a huge act when they did, so I'm sure that didn't help.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAtYou View Post
I don't think it's fair to say Stevie's a "Vegas Act", either... last summer she had the extensive Crystal Visions tour, and she has released dates this summer all over the country. She rocked when I saw her last summer, I can't wait to see her again this summer.
And this proves what?

I'm well aware that she toured extensively for Crystal Visions. But Crystal Visions is just a compilation and not a true solo album. Again, she's still playing the same old songs.

As for Trouble In Shangri-La being as good or better than her previous work, we'll agree to disagree. Those who know me on these boards know what I think of that particular album.