Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2004, 02:38 PM

my sarcasm got the nu page!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
What's wrong with trying to change his mind? Marty has made changes to the boards before based on input from the community members. Do you see something wrong with that? Well, which finger should you use for that?
You're not trying to get Marty to change his mind. If that were the fact, you would have messaged him privately and respectfully. But you didn't, you created a separate topic filled with flames on the main board of the Ledge to create some big controversy. You're simply trying to be in control, and you can't stand it that you're not.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed
You're not trying to get Marty to change his mind. If that were the fact, you would have messaged him privately and respectfully. But you didn't, you created a separate topic filled with flames on the main board of the Ledge to create some big controversy. You're simply trying to be in control, and you can't stand it that you're not.
That accusation is so absurd it hardly merits a response. If I weren't trying to get them to change this annoying sticky policy, do you think I would have wasted my time? Please.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
Wait, you mean to tell me Christine's new single is a hit!! Holy ****!
FINALLY! Someone gets back to the issues!

YES, Christine's single is a big hit. It was one of the, if not the most added single in her radio format. (Whichever one that is...)

I even heard it on the radio in Houston. The last new Stevie or Mac single to even be played on the "mainstream" radio here was "Maybe Love..." in 1994. Some of the oldies stations played "Silver Springs" and "Landslide" in 1997, but none of the hits-only stations as far as I know.

So, that's pretty good for Christine if you ask me. I've seen the commercial for her album several times on Vh1 and once surfing across Lifetime (I think -- all those little corner network icons start to look the same after a while...). It's a great clip in case you haven't seen it -- it has a very green look to it, just like the album cover, and the editing flows perfectly with the music. And she looks great, to boot!
Old 08-25-2004, 02:50 PM

Quote:
FINALLY! Someone gets back to the issues!
You're quite mistaken. The issue at hand has nothing to do with Christine here. Last I checked, there is a board to discuss her music and doings.

Why do you keep trying to derail this thread? What do you have to gain from that? If it bothers you, why do you keep stopping by?
Old 08-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Registered

Quote:
You know what the worst thing about analogies is? They usually fail. A store where commerce is transacted is hardly parallel to a forum created expressly for the purpose of exchanging ideas. That's where your analogy fails, and miserably so.
I suppose I can get into a pissing contest with you but seeing as how it's Marty's site and message board, I respect what he wants to do and how he wants to run his his site. I don't demand that stickies be removed and the board changed because I don't like it or mock his management skills and and that of his moderators by posting nasty demanding threads like the one you started here. It's a shame that you can't see how out of line the tone of your original post is. You could have accomplished much of what you wanted to know without the nasty manner in which you chose to start this thread.

We have 3 major public Fleetwood Mac message boards. Currently one of the sites is closed and we came close to losing this one last year. No open message board is ever going to please everyone who reads or posts on that board but the site owners (and moderators) do the best job they can. No easy task if you ask me. Fans can make the choice that they can live with the rules of each board or they can choose not to post or visit that site. Sometimes we may think the owner made the wrong decision but IMO, continuing to publicly harrass and challenge them in a nasty tone is wrong. You might disagree but I think from reading your posts you know how Marty feels about this so why continue to mock him and take this site down this path?
Old 08-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I completely agree with you Carne. There are way too many stickies and I was a bit turned off when Johnny Stew locked the thread I started about Burnish. This is a Fleetwood Mac board and Burnish.net is a big part of the online Fleetwood Mac community. If I have questions about why the heck the site was frozen I should be able to ask them. No one was getting angry and everyone was having a civilized conversation and the next thing I knew the word "Burnish" was forbidden from this forum and all the thread pertaining to it were locked. Okay, sorry I am so mad. I just thought it was a bit rude that one of my threads was locked and furthermore, everyone thinks I am the troublemaker on this board when I am not! At least, I don't mean to be.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 08-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThatFunny
I agree with you. I thought the original poster was making some important points, despite the bluster. I would still be curious to see the answers to the unanswered questions.

I'm intrigued. You wouldn't happen to know a great deal about dual identities and secondary accounts per chance?
Old 08-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That accusation is so absurd it hardly merits a response. If I weren't trying to get them to change this annoying sticky policy, do you think I would have wasted my time? Please.
If it were truly absurd, you wouldn't have responded at all. Seriously dude, control issues. And you're not wasting YOUR time, you're wasting OUR time. I'll say it again: this is not your board. And yes, I think you would have wasted it regardless.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinLine
I suppose I can get into a pissing contest with you but seeing as how it's Marty's site and message board, I respect what he wants to do and how he wants to run his his site. I don't demand that stickies be removed and the board changed because I don't like it or mock his management skills and and that of his moderators by posting nasty demanding threads like the one you started here. It's a shame that you can't see how out of line the tone of your original post is. You could have accomplished much of what you wanted to know without the nasty manner in which you chose to start this thread.
If I remember correctly, you were one of the people who violated the rules of this board yesterday by insisting on posting about the burnish.net nonsense even after a moderator asked that the discussion be stopped. So not only did you show utter and complete disrespect to the spirit of this community and its guidelines, you doubled that by disrespecting the moderator. You, sir/madam, are in no position to reprimand anyone. And I would suggest you stick around and observe a little more before you get on your soapbox again.

Quote:
We have 3 major public Fleetwood Mac message boards. Currently one of the sites is closed and we came close to losing this one last year.
There you go again. How many times are moderators here going to have to tell you not to carry over discussions from other boards to this board?

Quote:
Fans can make the choice that they can live with the rules of each board or they can choose not to post or visit that site. Sometimes we may think the owner made the wrong decision but IMO, continuing to publicly harrass and challenge them in a nasty tone is wrong.
It is also wrong to continue to insist on discussing matters that a moderator has asked you to stop discussing, or do you not see that? And, frankly, I don't really care what you think is wrong, especially since you have already barrelled through here disrespecting the community and specific individuals.

Quote:
You might disagree but I think from reading your posts you know how Marty feels about this so why continue to mock him and take this site down this path?
I disagree with your assessment that I have mocked him. I merely asked Marty some questions, some of which he answered and some of which he didn't. Do you see me pressing him further on the issue of the locked thread that was duplicated? No. I am merely pressing on the issues that I do not feel were answered.

You would do well to tone down your sense of indignation about my behavior until you adjust your own.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Okay, sorry I am so mad. I just thought it was a bit rude that one of my threads was locked and furthermore, everyone thinks I am the troublemaker on this board when I am not! At least, I don't mean to be.
You have the right to be mad. The thread wasn't merely locked, it was deleted. That is a total abuse of the moderating power, as I see it.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:02 PM

Quote:
And you're not wasting YOUR time, you're wasting OUR time.
I can only waste your time on this board if you allow me to.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can only waste your time on this board if you allow me to.
You're not wasting my time. I really needed a good laugh today -- I think this is HILARIOUS. By now, I would make a significant bet that your computer is smoking, your fingers have begun to cramp, and that good ole Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is having its sweet way with you. I see it so clearly now -- you simply can't help yourself, and that's why "Addicted" Ledgie is the perfect description for you. Seriously dude, control issues.

"And nothing you can say can change my mind." So spare yourself the knuckle-ache.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You're not wasting my time. I really needed a good laugh today -- I think this is HILARIOUS. By now, I would make a significant bet that your computer is smoking, your fingers have begun to cramp, and that good ole Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is having its sweet way with you. I see it so clearly now -- you simply can't help yourself, and that's why "Addicted" Ledgie is the perfect description for you. Seriously dude, control issues.
Seriously, dude, don't worry about it. I write for a living. So typing for me is like breathing. While I do this I am working on three other projects at the same time. Yeah, seriously, dude, you talk about control. That's control.

Quote:
"And nothing you can say can change my mind." So spare yourself the knuckle-ache.
I don't care to change your mind. You're giving yourself more importance in how I perceive your interference in this thread than I have.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have the right to be mad. The thread wasn't merely locked, it was deleted. That is a total abuse of the moderating power, as I see it.
I completely agree. Now, if I made a racist, hateful post then I could completely understand it being deleted. But all I said was "What's going on with Burnish?"

We were frail...
Save us...