The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Ledgie

Hi, all in all I don't appreciate these "Superstar Sessions".

Same thing with those Football Allstar Teams

I just think that Peter Green f.e. did his best music with Fleetwood Mac
Old 01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default superstar sessions

I have usually been disappointed with superstar sessions as well, but in rock and roll. It seems that Jazz musicians do not usually have this problem, but it is also true that they do not seek large group jams. Guitar players really have to be receptive to ensemble work. It is usually the exception to the rule. I think that Peter Green enabled it to function when Spencer and Kirwan joined. Spencer and Kirwan seemed to be more uncomfortable with it at the time.Peter was a sort of glue because even with all his talent he chose to make the others the focus. This is a rare quality in any performer of his calibre. I would love to see collaborations when the whole is more inportant that tthe individual. It made Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac featuring Jeremy Spencer work

vinnie c
Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Ledgie

I think a perfect guitarist/musician to work with Peter would be Ry Cooder... He has worked with so many different types of musicians and played a large variety of musical styles and his music is always tasteful without having one musician being forced to sit in the spotlight. (A great fit for Peter)
Old 01-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ry cooder

that would be an interesting mix if either one would go out looking for the other. they both might find chinese music at the same time. Ry Cooder is reclusive except when on a mission. Peter is, well, Peter. His public statements lead one to believe he isnt really alll that good, just a copycat with taste. One could argue that the same is true of Ry Cooder. I would love to hear a conversation among eccentric musicians of emense talent

I have read that one musician of note who is actually interested in playing with Peter Green and would be another very interesting colaboration is David Hildago. David's phrasing is like Peter of old. He is not a big ego and has great taste. Los Lobos has a very tight sound , not unlike FM or The Splinter group. If only they would be in contact.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think David Hidalgo might be a very good match for playing with Peter. Just curious, where did you read that he would be interested in playing with Greeny?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a slight detour here, since Los Lobos was brought up. Whose wife was it that went missing and have they ever found her?
Old 01-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hildago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
I think David Hidalgo might be a very good match for playing with Peter. Just curious, where did you read that he would be interested in playing with Greeny?
I read it in an online interview in one of the guitar player magazines about six months ago. he was dicussing a recent album where he was playing with another musician and he was asked who he might want to play with in the future. I thougt this was a real good match. I will try and find it again.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default still have not found it but

this is a quote from 10/17/96 Michigan Daily Online
"I think one of the cooler things about my band is that everybody's got different people that they would name(as influences). I know David (Hidalgo, Lobos guitarist, vocalist and songwriter) would probably say early Fleetwood Mac, Peter Green and Albert King. Cesar (Rosas, singer-songwriter-guitarist) would probably say Hendrix, more than
anybody. Everybody in the band would probably have a different list," Berlin said.