The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chocolate and vanilla and all that, but how you induct Blondie but not Stevie Nicks is a mystery to me.

Long ago, someone predicted with the relative dearth of new talent coming along (unlike in sports) the standard for induction would get progressively lower as time went on.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MikeInNV and Jondalar, thanks for the info and link. Wow, that was hard to watch, but Debbie and the others handled it very well.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone think less of Blondie and their legacy because of that?

Asking for a friend.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Does anyone think less of Blondie and their legacy because of that?

Asking for a friend.
You're funny, SteveMacD. But you make a good point. As whacked out as that induction speech was, and the turmoil surrounding the comings and goings of various members, it doesn't affect Blondie's legacy in any way. At the end of the day, it's all about the music.

I love Blondie, btw. Dreaming, Hanging on the Telephone, Call Me, Atomic, In the Flesh, the Tide is High, Maria, and so many other great songs!
Old 12-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tomorrow, Thursday, December 13th at 8am is when they are announcing who made it. She will need all the magic she can muster.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Tomorrow, Thursday, December 13th at 8am is when they are announcing who made it. She will need all the magic she can muster.
Nah ..she is going to get in.The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame voters don't care about her most recent bitchery.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default well..

I guess we will find out tomorrow if Stevie is inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist.

Of course, as a big fan, I hope she makes it. But if she doesn't I will be ok with it. I mean, she is in the Fame as a member of Fleetwood Mac where her best work is located.

I did vote for Stevie on the fan site, but I also voted for Todd Rundgren each time I voted for Stevie because he really deserves to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And I personally would rather he get in over Stevie if it comes down to the both of them. I mean Stevie is already in as a Fleetwood Mac member and will probably make it eventually as a solo artist. Go Stevie. AND GO TODD! "Hello it's me.. I thought about us for a long, long time.. Maybe I think too much but something's wrong.. There's something here doesn't last too long.."

Last edited by Keith; 12-12-2018 at 09:41 PM..
Old 12-13-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I guess we will find out tomorrow if Stevie is inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist.

Of course, as a big fan, I hope she makes it. But if she doesn't I will be ok with it. I mean, she is in the Fame as a member of Fleetwood Mac where her best work is located.

I did vote for Stevie on the fan site, but I also voted for Todd Rundgren each time I voted for Stevie because he really deserves to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And I personally would rather he get in over Stevie if it comes down to the both of them. I mean Stevie is already in as a Fleetwood Mac member and will probably make it eventually as a solo artist. Go Stevie. AND GO TODD! "Hello it's me.. I thought about us for a long, long time.. Maybe I think too much but something's wrong.. There's something here doesn't last too long.."
I voted for Todd too. He definitely deserves to be in there. He is a no brainer.