Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-14-2022, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm not hangin around.

God I'm obsessed with that song, though!!
I listen to it about three times a day. Why am I obsessed with it so much? It’s catchy, yes, but it ain’t YMLF or SYLM. But still it’s irresistible.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I listen to it about three times a day. Why am I obsessed with it so much? It’s catchy, yes, but it ain’t YMLF or SYLM. But still it’s irresistible.
Sooner or Later I'll forget it.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sooner or Later I'll forget it.
And then it will creep up again five years later....
Old 07-14-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
And then it will creep up again five years later....
All over again!
Old 07-15-2022, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I finally got around to reading the CD insert and the Chris interview. Some of it was slick packing and promotion because no one asked her about her most known solo songs being missing from the collection.
But I did enjoy one detail. Chris was never for singing Songbird alone as the last song and the last encore. But I learned why Lindsey was added to the mix to strum along. Chris stated that most nights the band was very tight and on the mark but some nights not so much. Sometimes on those off nights Chris would mess up the tempo. She felt alone and wanted Lindsey on stage with her strumming to keep her in time. Small detail but I love to hear things I never knew before.

See Chris all the champagne did impact your playing on some nights
Old 07-15-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I finally got around to reading the CD insert and the Chris interview. Some of it was slick packing and promotion because no one asked her about her most known solo songs being missing from the collection.
But I did enjoy one detail. Chris was never for singing Songbird alone as the last song and the last encore. But I learned why Lindsey was added to the mix to strum along. Chris stated that most nights the band was very tight and on the mark but some nights not so much. Sometimes on those off nights Chris would mess up the tempo. She felt alone and wanted Lindsey on stage with her strumming to keep her in time. Small detail but I love to hear things I never knew before.

I don't think all 3 of them knew exactly just how off key they were some nights. But, I still love that vs. backing tracks and extras.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but the cocaine is supposed to counteract that!
Old 07-16-2022, 04:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think all 3 of them knew exactly just how off key they were some nights. But, I still love that vs. backing tracks and extras.
The US Festival is incredible with the flubs and off key. It was the last night of the Mirage tour (or at least near the end). They were partying all day and went on last. It showed
I love it warts and all.

One thing did annoy me in this CD interview. Chris explains that she never wanted to come to the United States and it was Mick and John that convinced her to do it. Once again its not talked about how they just hired their first bloody American. She expects us to believe that was a coincidence? Bob was not trying to convince you too Chris? Its possible without Bob being in the band they may have never come to the States. It just drives me crazy how his impact on the band is glossed over as if it never existed. Bob was the catalyst that brought the band to the States. Its ok to say that Chris.

Other than that, a fairly good promo interview for what it is.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-16-2022 at 05:45 AM..
Old 07-16-2022, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The US Festival is incredible with the flubs and off key. It was the last night of the Mirage tour (or at least near the end). They were partying all day and went on last. It showed
I love it warts and all.

One thing did annoy me in this CD interview. Chris explains that she never wanted to come to the United States and it was Mick and John that convinced her to do it. Once again its not talked about how they just hired their first bloody American. She expects us to believe that was a coincidence? Bob was not trying to convince you too Chris? Its possible without Bob being in the band they may have never come to the States. It just drives me crazy how his impact on the band is glossed over as if it never existed. Bob was the catalyst that brought the band to the States. Its ok to say that Chris.

Other than that, a fairly good promo interview for what it is.
Makes you wonder if Irving has told them that "that era never existed", or if she's still bitter at Bob after 25 years?
Old 07-16-2022, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Makes you wonder if Irving has told them that "that era never existed", or if she's still bitter at Bob after 25 years?
Or maybe they believe their own gaslighting after all these years. Bob is dead so she would be bitter to hold a grudge against him even after his demise. I believe I read on Bob's site many years ago how he convinced the band to give it a go in the states.
Old 07-16-2022, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or maybe they believe their own gaslighting after all these years. Bob is dead so she would be bitter to hold a grudge against him even after his demise. I believe I read on Bob's site many years ago how he convinced the band to give it a go in the states.
But Chris is supposed to be the sane one. We all know what $tevie is.

Nobody is disputing that if Bob's link weren't in the chain, probably NONE of us would be here on this site, now.

Let's face this, THESE AREN'T GOOD PEOPLE.
Old 07-16-2022, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But Chris is supposed to be the sane one. We all know what $tevie is.

Nobody is disputing that if Bob's link weren't in the chain, probably NONE of us would be here on this site, now.

Let's face this, THESE AREN'T GOOD PEOPLE.
Honestly, I don’t think she mentions Bob because it’s easier for her to mention the two people (part of the Rumours five) most of the general public would still know. This doesn’t excuse the Bob omission. He was treated pretty badly by that band from 1983 onward—after the Bob and friends concert there is rarely ever any recognition of him. Christine and Mick needed to step up and didn’t. But Lindsey is also to blame. Whenever he mentions Bob it’s with a marked degree of disrespect for his legacy. Time and again, Lindsey has made sure the world knew he did NOT dig Bob’s music and resented having to play one or two Bob songs on the first two tours. That kind of consistency in shunning Welch’s contribution is as much to blame as outright omissions. The critics aided Lindsey in this. And the core trio (Fleetwood and the McVies) allowed it. Ironically, through the years, Stevie was occasionally quick to recognize Bob and enumerate his contributions.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I don’t think she mentions Bob because it’s easier for her to mention the two people (part of the Rumours five) most of the general public would still know. This doesn’t excuse the Bob omission. He was treated pretty badly by that band from 1983 onward—after the Bob and friends concert there is rarely ever any recognition of him. Christine and Mick needed to step up and didn’t. But Lindsey is also to blame. Whenever he mentions Bob it’s with a marked degree of disrespect for his legacy. Time and again, Lindsey has made sure the world knew he did NOT dig Bob’s music and resented having to play one or two Bob songs on the first two tours. That kind of consistency in shunning Welch’s contribution is as much to blame as outright omissions. The critics aided Lindsey in this. And the core trio (Fleetwood and the McVies) allowed it. Ironically, through the years, Stevie was occasionally quick to recognize Bob and enumerate his contributions.
It's true. Lindsey quite often marginalizes Bob's music and Stevie has never done that. As if he were some artistic genius and everyone else was always a lounge act. I don't think Lindsey has anything against Bob. He just thinks his music is above what the other writers have put out. And when you listen to his recent stuff, it's mind boggling how he can think any of these lyrics are beyond what Bob wrote.
I don't mind, we've been mellow.
Old 07-16-2022, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's true. Lindsey quite often marginalizes Bob's music and Stevie has never done that. As if he were some artistic genius and everyone else was always a lounge act. I don't think Lindsey has anything against Bob. He just thinks his music is above what the other writers have put out. And when you listen to his recent stuff, it's mind boggling how he can think any of these lyrics are beyond what Bob wrote.
I don't mind, we've been mellow.
Please fill me in what Lindsey said to diminish Bob. I must have missed something. I dont equate Lindsey not wanting to perform Bob's songs as a dis. Lindsey did not want to be a cover band of someone else.
There is one story from Bob's site I would LOVE to ask Lindsey about. Its the story that Bob said he ran into Lindsey shortly after he quit the band and they were recording the White album. Bob said that Lindsey asked him "How the hell did you stand these people?"
I just found that so funny.

I once heard Lindsey diminish Eddie Van Halen and if I did not hear it I would not believe it. It was something like how Van Halen is one dimensional and has no melody. Its just guitar chords. I am paraphrasing badly and cant remember the exact quote I heard in some interview. He wasnt going after Eddie but was comparing his style to his and it sounded like a dis to me because I remember thinking OUCH!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-16-2022 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-16-2022, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although he's mellowed greatly with age, Lindsey was always full of himself.

And yeah, I get that he didn't want to play someone else's hits, but then they shouldn't have joined FM if that were the case.

"Hey Birmingham, how ya doin'?", (to all three Buckingham Nicks fans that are still alive!)