User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Oh my god. I had forgotten about that. That story pissed me off SO MUCH. I can't believe I managed to block it out. Thanks Sharon!
What? Wait. Did I miss that? What about what he does to that woman in the Tango DVD during Everywhere? Oh, Mick Fleetwood...have shame.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm...where to begin. He said so many things in his autobiography that bothered me, but I kept trying to forget about them. I was really bothered by all his comments about weight. (Always in reference to a woman). That's usually a good way to inspire hatred in me, go on about how fat women can be. Poor Madge. And all of that drama with the UK fans, such as Pip (gypsy-rhiannon, fireflies_uk on lj), and them getting kicked off his board, hiring that guy who was such a jackass to deal with them and not wanting to fire him after he acted like a jackass...that really annoyed me. Sorry I can't explain that scenario better. It just made me think that he's in it for the money and he doesn't care who he steps on. (Of course if you ask Homie, he'll say that Stevie and Lindsey are both just in it for the money, too, but that'll make me cry if he says it again). If someone could direct me to a thread about that it would help, but you probably don't want to read all about it--it's just a headache.
Hmm. I've never read his bio, but I have to say, that surprises me some. I know he used to be a tall skinny drink of water, but he's not a stick anymore, y'know? I'm surprised that he'd be that judgemental. I've heard bits and pieces about the UK board situation... Fill me in a bit?
You don't have to go into all of it, I'm just being nosy.
Old 10-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Remember the story of him falling in love with that woman over the phone?
I always thought he more upset finding out she was fat than anything else. That's how it came across in the book.
Never heard about that, but I have to say, it's a bit disappointing.
I have to read this bio now! I'm extremely curious to read all of these things.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird
Never heard about that, but I have to say, it's a bit disappointing.
I have to read this bio now! I'm extremely curious to read all of these things.
Regardless of how much of the book is true, I'd still recommend it. It's a very good read. There's some fairly juicy gossip in there. According to Mick, Chris & Stevie come off like saints, but John & especially Lindsey don't look so good at all. Again, I have no idea how much is true. It's just how Mick remembered things. If all five had each written a book, you probably would have gotten five completely different books.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
There's some fairly juicy gossip in there. .
Oh, I'd believe it. With all the drama in the band, how could there not be? I've heard little tidbits from those who have read it.

Personally, I'd believe Lindsey to be not-so-saint like. He's an amazing guitarist, and a damn good looking man, but when it comes to personality...
Old 10-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Between that and my Linda Blair pics for you, you must've had one great night!
Oh, you better believe it.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I'd believe it. With all the drama in the band, how could there not be? I've heard little tidbits from those who have read it.

Personally, I'd believe Lindsey to be not-so-saint like. He's an amazing guitarist, and a damn good looking man, but when it comes to personality...
Mary Anne's right about the book. It is a really great read. I had a hard time putting it down. It made me into a bigger fan...just not necessarily a bigger Mick fan. I highly recommend it.

I've talked to two people who met Lindsey and both of them found him to be extremely nice and (sorry to be cliche) down to earth and all. Of course I've never met any of them.

As for the drama with the UK people and his board and all...I really don't even know where to begin with that. There was a thread about it and I had to go look for some headache medication after reading it. I'm not sure how to search for it; I can't think of any good key words. Pip would tell you about it, I'm thinking, but I'm not sure that she's reading this thread.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After seeing the picture of John with no facial hair, I said to myself that he looks like someone. It hit me...Phil Collins! Am I going insane?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:21 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
After seeing the picture of John with no facial hair, I said to myself that he looks like someone. It hit me...Phil Collins! Am I going insane?

There's a bit of a resemblance, yes. Although John's much hotter.

-Lis
Old 10-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume

Yes. Phil has a pumpkinhead. John doesn't.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Yes. Phil has a pumpkinhead. John doesn't.

funny stuff Chili. Made me laugh out loud.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a few more... I found the last three last night. I like Christine's expression in the shot from the Grammy's.

(That is from the Grammy's, right? Just checking. I can't trust my memory today.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chrisearl70.jpg (31.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg ChristineStevie77.jpg (7.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg grammy_celebration.jpg (31.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg pola1.jpg (40.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg mystery2mecov.jpg (28.1 KB, 66 views)
Old 10-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just a few more... I found the last three last night. I like Christine's expression in the shot from the Grammy's.

(That is from the Grammy's, right? Just checking. I can't trust my memory today.)
Cool! Thank you. I love her skirt in that fourth one.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mary Anne's right about the book. It is a really great read. I had a hard time putting it down. It made me into a bigger fan...just not necessarily a bigger Mick fan. I highly recommend it.

I've talked to two people who met Lindsey and both of them found him to be extremely nice and (sorry to be cliche) down to earth and all. Of course I've never met any of them.

As for the drama with the UK people and his board and all...I really don't even know where to begin with that. There was a thread about it and I had to go look for some headache medication after reading it. I'm not sure how to search for it; I can't think of any good key words. Pip would tell you about it, I'm thinking, but I'm not sure that she's reading this thread.
Well, yeah, I've heard different things about Lindsey. Either he was fabulous to fans, or not so fabulous. I'm inclined to believe he was probably not so fab during the Mac's hey-day. I think they all count their blessings a little more these days. During the 70s, and even early 80s judging from boots, articles, etc, I think they might have taken a lot of it for granted. Despite the fact that their success was not instant, nor were times in between very easy for any of them.

I know Christine--ever the classy, gracious one -- always made sure to thank the fans and make a little speech before Songbird, and that Stevie had something to say as well, but Lindsey's usual sign off was "You guys are f*cking great!", or something like that. John, well... LOL. I never heard much from him to begin with.
Now Mick has his "Take care of yourselves, and in this crazy world, remember to take care of one another" ending. Which is nice, but not something I think he would've said in the earlier days.

Again, like you said, I've never met any of them personally, so I have no idea. This is just my opinon.

Last edited by goldustsongbird; 10-17-2005 at 05:18 PM..
Old 10-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Cool! Thank you. I love her skirt in that fourth one.
I always thought it was a really cute picture. Her expression is just so sweet.