Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2006, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well, crap!!!

Looks like Chris' own site forum has been hacked again!

Don't people have something better to do???
Old 10-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Looks like Chris' own site forum has been hacked again!

Don't people have something better to do???
Obviously not. Bastards!

Gail
Old 10-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is ridiculous & we had a nice little discussion going too in the last day or so.

Some idiot Turkish hacker.

Gail, have you tried to contact Martin Wyatt lately?

Last edited by macfan 57; 10-21-2006 at 05:39 AM..
Old 10-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, that is so disappointing. I really enjoyed Christine's website's forum. I met a lot of nice people over there. This place (The Ledge) isn't the same -- I'm not saying anything against it, but I enjoyed having a place that was just for Chris fans. (Plus the blinking, jumping smileys at this forum very literally give me a headache -- I can only stay on this forum for about two minutes for that reason -- tell me I'm not the only person left on the internet who hates smileys!!!!!)
Old 10-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Yeah, that is so disappointing. I really enjoyed Christine's website's forum. I met a lot of nice people over there. This place (The Ledge) isn't the same -- I'm not saying anything against it, but I enjoyed having a place that was just for Chris fans. (Plus the blinking, jumping smileys at this forum very literally give me a headache -- I can only stay on this forum for about two minutes for that reason -- tell me I'm not the only person left on the internet who hates smileys!!!!!)
I totally agree about the Chris website forum being just for Chris fans. I guess it stayed up longer than I thought it would since it's been nearly 2 1/2 years since ITM was released. It's funny about the website itself. They only hacked into the message board, not the main site.

The smilie function doesn't bother me at all, but nicepace I think you can disable it here on the Ledge. At the bottom of the page under Posting Rules, it says smilies. Mine says ON. Maybe you can turn yours off.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!? this was NOT what i wanted to wake up and see. i guess it was the same people from the first time; .they were turkish too.

i think the reason they hacked into the forum and not the main site is because the forum is built on php and the site is just regular html. no one has updated the php in awhile, so they probably found a loophole somewhere and used it to get in. if someone had just been abe to access the forum, they could have updated it with whatever security patches were necessary! it would have taken 5 minuts. it's really upsetting. and i would use another sad smiley right now, but i don't want joanne to get a headache and leave! LOL

i hope ian makes it over here, it would be too sad if he didn't. ian if you're reading this, give us a shout!
Old 10-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
This is ridiculous & we had a nice little discussion going too in the last day or so.

Some idiot Turkish hacker.

Gail, have you tried to contact Martin Wyatt lately?
I sent him an email on the 25th September regarding the idiot troll but I haven't heard from him at all.

I am assuming that he is not concerned with the current site. This could mean that neither he or Christine is bothered about having a site or he's working on getting a new one going.

I hope it's the latter but quite honestly I think it could be the former.

Gail
Old 10-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I sent him an email on the 25th September regarding the idiot troll but I haven't heard from him at all.

I am assuming that he is not concerned with the current site. This could mean that neither he or Christine is bothered about having a site or he's working on getting a new one going.

Gail
speaking of the troll, i never got a chance to put my plan into motion!!! i was really looking forward to that. turkish hacker, you cheated me of my sweet revenge!!!!

in terms of martin wyatt, maybe we should all try emailing again? put some friendly pressure on the situation? what does everyone think?
Old 10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
speaking of the troll, i never got a chance to put my plan into motion!!! i was really looking forward to that. turkish hacker, you cheated me of my sweet revenge!!!!

in terms of martin wyatt, maybe we should all try emailing again? put some friendly pressure on the situation? what does everyone think?

Aisling, I got your email about that little creature of the night. I was totally shocked you managed to find out who he is. Now that's great detective work! Ever since you found out who it was I was just waiting for him to come back on...
Old 10-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
Gail
I hate to say it, but I think you may be right.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gail, is there an email address we could all be using to email Martin Wyatt about the site? I think if we all sent an email maybe he would notice. (Maybe not, but we can't just do nothing.) You can send me a private message if you'd rather, but I think I'd like to at least try. It's an embarrassment for Christine to have a website that hasn't been updated in over two years and a message board that's been hacked, and nobody cares except the fans. (Boo, hoo.)

My guess is that Christine has more or less forgotten she has a website. For those of us who use the internet every day for all kinds of things, it's almost hard to remember what it was like before the internet, but for Christine, that's the way it is. If she wants to know the weather forecast, she puts on the radio. Can you even imagine?

By the way, I've disabled smileys, so more headaches! All I had to do was set my browser to not display images on this site. I can't tell you what a relief this is to look at plain text that sits still. Text rules.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have Mr. Wyatt's e-mail address either. Gail, if you think it might be a good idea for the rest of us to e-mail him, send me a private message.

I'm sure Chris doesn't have much if any interest in her website, although she did just recently get a laptop & was using it.

I remember in George Hawkins Q & A, he mentioned that she didn't like to communicate via e-mail since she liked to hear the sound of a human voice instead.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've sent a private message to a few people giving them Martin Wyatt's email address.

Homer - do you want it as well?

Gail
Old 10-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

G-G-Giddyup!
Old 10-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Ledgie

Ok, well some people just suck donkey balls! This is just so absurd! I don't get it, is it entertaining to hack sites? Wooooooo Hoooooooooo hackers you hacked a music forum, boy you're F-ing genius' now. Let me know when you hack My little pony web site too! I bet that'll be a huge accomplishment as well. Assh**es! Any who that said, I was really hoping this type of post was not going to be my first on The Ledge, but oh hell, what can I say! It's time to play at another play ground... hehehe I like these smilies here!!