User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2024, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Too true..my husband has 28 Bob cds and 7 old vinyls.
So Bob is God…
He can listen to 35 albums of a man that sings worse than $tevie? That's a strong man you've got there.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
That stupid stupid dance during Gold dust woman was toe cringing embarrassing..
I never understood why someone Â…in the band, management, lighting bloke just someone, never saidÂ…
that dance you do itÂ’s bad, real bad.
I cringe and, also, think about the 'casual fan' who doesn't know about the drugs and the 'Go Insane' time-line in her life. They must be thinking, what the heck is this all about?
I also feel bad about the recovered addicts that just want to hear 'Dreams', 'Landslide', 'Sara', 'Sisters Of The Moon', or literally anything other than watch this! It disconnects her from her audience, instead of connecting with them. Please recreate the original Rumours version of 'Gold Dust Woman' with the beautifully haunting atmospheric American Indian, eske sound, that we love.
Old 03-23-2024, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He can listen to 35 albums of a man that sings worse than $tevie? That's a strong man you've got there.
Every Saturday morning he would say..(as if it were a surprise)..
“Think I’m going to have a Bob morning”
Old 03-23-2024, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
She's all about the big numbers that get the big audience response. She's continued to exploit Free Falling because it's one giant sing along that goes over really well. Now she'll exploit Christine's death for the next five years to pull on everyone's heart strings during landslide - making everyone forget just how overdone that song had become since 1997. Plus she's incapable of thinking of a different way to pay tribute to Christine, the lowest common denominator, the most obvious choice of all time is to use Landslide. That's all she gravitates towards these days. The most boring, expected, status quo decisions. But the entertainment writers love the nostalgic chatty grandma schtick that she's leaned so heavily into...
This is a really well thought out point. You're right. With the video wall behind her, she could do Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You, Sara or even Crystal!
Free Fallin' has been played every show since October 2018. Please give it up.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to drone on about this stuff, but it's her really annoying combination of super lazy decisions yet extremely calculated. That zaps any sincerity out of it, for me personally. She knows Landslide is a big, emotional, casual-fan crowd favorite. So how do we amp it up yet another notch? Tie Christine's death into the mix. Super gross, in my opinion. I'm surprised she doesn't have a little spritzer water bottle in her pocket to mist her face with for some extra theatrics.

I wouldn't feel this way if she would have discontinued the Free Falling tribute by the next tour she did following Tom's passing. The fact that it's still there 7 years later proves it's less and less about Tom every day and more about wanting a schmaltzy schtick moment at the end of her show that completely lets her off the hook.

I'm sure by this time next year the Christine stories will be even more exaggerated and completely skewed from reality. But don't expect the photo montage to be updated with different photos, that would be too much work for this well oiled roadshow carousel of hitz. End of rant.

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-23-2024 at 04:31 PM..
Old 03-23-2024, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hate to drone on about this stuff, but it's her really annoying combination of super lazy decisions yet extremely calculated. That zaps any sincerity out of it, for me personally. She knows Landslide is a big, emotional, casual-fan crowd favorite. So how do we amp it up yet another notch? Tie Christine's death into the mix. Super gross, in my opinion. I'm surprised she doesn't have a little spritzer water bottle in her pocket to mist her face with for some extra theatrics.

I wouldn't feel this way if she would have discontinued the Free Falling tribute by the next tour she did following Tom's passing. The fact that it's still there 7 years later proves it's less and less about Tom every day and more about wanting a schmaltzy schtick moment at the end of her show that completely lets her off the hook.

I'm sure by this time next year the Christine stories will be even more exaggerated and completely skewed from reality. But don't expect the photo montage to be updated with different photos, that would be too much work for this well oiled roadshow carousel of hitz. End of rant.
Hi BigAl84,

Is there any way, we can make suggestions and let her know what is best for her, going forward, so we can all stop droning on and on about her song and costume choices, etc...? I know I'm dreaming but I can't help but wonder If only.....!
Old 03-23-2024, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
Hi BigAl84,

Is there any way, we can make suggestions and let her know what is best for her, going forward, so we can all stop droning on and on about her song and costume choices, etc...? I know I'm dreaming but I can't help but wonder If only.....!
I’m not one to tell somebody what’s best for them, but I do wonder if she has any idea how she’s alienated a huge chunk of her long-term fanbase.

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-23-2024 at 08:55 PM..
Old 03-24-2024, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedGirl26 View Post
Hi BigAl84,

BigAl is allowed his opinion just like anybody else. Why do you try to stifle it?
Old 03-24-2024, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Free Fallin' should have been played on her Australia and New Zealand 2017 Songs From The Vault Tour it took place from November 1 through November 25, 2017. If Mike Campbell's work as a Heartbreaker or songwriter had to be showcased on the 2018-2019 Fleetwood Mac Tour, they could have done Stop Draggin' My Heart Around with Neil on vocals or Mike since Mike's singing voice sounds like Tom's, Freedom from Behind The Mask, Whole Lotta Trouble, or Blue Denim. It is what it is. Behind The Mask Tour setlist blew the 2018-2019 Tour away.
Old 03-24-2024, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
BigAl is allowed his opinion just like anybody else. Why do you try to stifle it?
Hi HomerMcvie,

I'm not trying to stifle BigAl's opinion. On the contrary, I agree with them! I'm sorry, if it doesn't sound that way to you!
Old 03-25-2024, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Free Fallin' should have been played on her Australia and New Zealand 2017 Songs From The Vault Tour it took place from November 1 through November 25, 2017. If Mike Campbell's work as a Heartbreaker or songwriter had to be showcased on the 2018-2019 Fleetwood Mac Tour, they could have done Stop Draggin' My Heart Around with Neil on vocals or Mike since Mike's singing voice sounds like Tom's, Freedom from Behind The Mask, Whole Lotta Trouble, or Blue Denim. It is what it is. Behind The Mask Tour setlist blew the 2018-2019 Tour away.
And?

People would still have been pissed.

The lyrics to “Free Fallin’” were poignant as a tribute to its author, especially how she slightly changed them (“I want to write your name in the sky”).

I really don’t know why you still keep pushing this narrative that the band is somehow obliged to rules -rules you made up- to play certain songs. They could play Zep IV in its entirety for all I care (which would’ve been hilarious). I mean, god forbid they feel an ounce of external inspiration.

You complain about stale setlists and then complain when they actually do something different.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2024, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And?

The lyrics to “Free Fallin’” were poignant as a tribute to its author, especially how she slightly changed them (“I want to write your name in the sky”).

I really don’t know why you still keep pushing this narrative that the band is somehow obliged to rules -rules you made up- to play certain songs. They could play Zep IV in its entirety for all I care (which would’ve been hilarious). I mean, god forbid they feel an ounce of external inspiration.

You complain about stale setlists and then complain when they actually do something different.
All most people do on The Ledge is complain. Myself included
Old 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And?

What rule did I promulgate in the post I made that you replied too? That Stevie should have only done Free Fallin in 2017. It's not a rule. It's my opinion. 2017 is when Tom passed. That would have been a nice tribute then. Doing it in 2018, IMO, was a year too late. I think showing Mike's work with Stevie would have been external inspiration. I also don't feel Don't Dream It's Over should have been played, AS A PAYING CUSTOMER. My opinion... I guess you want it written before every sentence... My Opinion. Let Michele tell me to do that and I will.

I paid a lot of money to go to four shows in 2018 and 2019, before I knew what the setlist was. Your rule is that you don't want to hear criticism of the 2018 Tour setlist. Never respectful to people's posts. Stop being so grouchy, hiding behind your keyboard. It's a community discussion board. We're all human beings. As Mick says: be kind to one another. Perhaps you don't applaud when he says that.

Fleetwood Mac has done something different in every setlist since The Dance.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 03-26-2024 at 05:39 AM..
Old 03-26-2024, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pushing narratives is kinda exactly what we're talking about here....a Tom Petty tribute that's still in the encore slot of a Stevie Nicks show almost 8 years after his death in addition to the revisionist push to portray her and Prince as best friends. It's some wacky sh*t at this point, IMO.

Perhaps I'm too pessimistic, but I find it to be a major flex to cough it all up to external inspiration at this point. She's always been driven by what gets the biggest audience response and she's taking the Petty & Prince tribute to the effing bank because it works.

I didn't see a single 2018 show out of principle, but I also knew there was a 75% shot that anything unique they would do with pre-75 material would be scrubbed from the setlist after an initial trial period. It turns out, thats pretty much what happened.

Last edited by BigAl84; 03-26-2024 at 09:57 AM..
Old 03-26-2024, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't see a single 2018 show out of principle, but I also knew there was a 75% shot that anything unique they would do with pre-75 material would be scrubbed from the setlist after an initial trial period. It turns out, thats pretty much what happened.
2018 is the first tour I've ever missed. Because it was ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL firing Lindsey. And I refused to support that. Thanks a lot, $tevie.