The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One can only imagine what M$ck would have done if he was asked to cancel his tour because of the virus. He would have sold zoom meet and greets and promised to dance naked. Nothing comes between money, and money grubbing M$ck. NOTHING. Hell he'd even fire the architect of the FM sound if .....oh wait that did happen. Scarve wearing gumby jerk.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Hell he'd even fire the architect of the FM sound if .....oh wait that did happen.
You must be really bored.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope Lindsey is happy with however his voice sounds to him these days. He was supposed to start his original spring tour pretty soon.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey can speak audibly he’s probably happy. We know he can whisper. Well, he enjoys screaming too, so if he can do that ... I don’t think he’s cared a lot about how his voice sounds musically in a while.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Has Lindsey's website always had an immediate popup inviting you to join his mailing list for latest announcements? Like has he had that popup since the Solo Anthology format site.

Maybe some fall dates are coming?
Old 04-15-2020, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Has Lindsey's website always had an immediate popup inviting you to join his mailing list for latest announcements? Like has he had that popup since the Solo Anthology format site.

Maybe some fall dates are coming?
good find! nope, this is completely new.

although i don't really expect fall dates with both NY and CA announcing there will probably be no large gathering before 2021.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2020, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
both NY and CA announcing there will probably be no large gathering before 2021.
That's amazing. I heard the Mayor of New Orleans said she'd like Jazz Fest to happen next year - just to mention Louisiana in addition to NY and CA
Old 04-15-2020, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://bestclassicbands.com/lindsey...-2020-4-13-20/

Lindsey Buckingham Reschedules 2020 Tour
by Best Classic Bands Staff

Lindsey Buckingham has rescheduled most of the dates of his brief solo tour that had been scheduled for spring 2020. The musician had a dozen dates planned for April and May. Eight of them have been moved to the summer.

When he postponed the tour on March 24, Buckingham wrote, “It is with great sadness that we are having to postpone my tour dates… due to the Covid-19 pandemic.” He noted that he is in the process of rescheduling the concerts.

The original Feb. 11 announcement of the tour arrived one year after the shocking news from his wife, Kristen, that the musician had had heart surgery in early February 2019.

Buckingham’s planned tour consisted of just 12 dates, one of which, the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis, Tenn, was announced on Dec. 20. The annual festival has since been moved to Oct. 16-18, though as of April 13, the organizers had not yet announced their revised lineup.

Buckingham’s spring tour of theater-sized venues was scheduled to begin April 25 and continue through May 13. Surprisingly, there were few days off and at one point, he had shows on six of seven nights. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com.

Kristen Buckingham had shared the news of her husband’s health on his social media platforms on Feb. 8, 2019. He had suffered vocal cord damage and was “recuperating at home and each day he is stronger than the last,” she wrote. He turned 70 on Oct. 3, 2019.

Related: On New Year’s Day, Kristen shared a great photo of the two of them

Buckingham had a highly visible parting from Fleetwood Mac in 2018. The band completed a tour this fall with two replacements – the Heartbreakers’ lead guitarist Mike Campbell, and longtime Split Enz/Crowded House guitarist-vocalist Neil Finn. Buckingham spent much of his time in 2018 organizing an anthology and performing on a solo tour.

Watch him perform in 2018

Related: Our review of a Buckingham concert in October 2018

Lindsey Buckingham 2020 Tour (Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com)

To Be Rescheduled
May 03 – Memphis, TN – Beale Street Music Festival
May 05 – Atlanta, GA – Woodruff Arts Center
May 12 – Tucson, AZ – Fox Tucson Theatre
May 13 – El Cajon, CA – Magnolia PAC

New Dates
Jul 31 – St. Louis, MO – The Pageant (was May 1)
Aug 02 – Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater (was Apr 30)
Aug 04 – Wichita, KS – Orpheum Theatre (was May 9)
Aug 05 – Oklahoma City, OK – The Criterion (was May 10)
Aug 07 – Boulder, CO – Boulder Theater (was April 28)
Aug 15 – Las Vegas, NV – The Smith Center for the Perf. Arts (was Apr 25)
Aug 29 – Huntsville, AL – Von Braun Center (was May 7)
Aug 30 – Knoxville, TN – Bijou Theatre (was May 6)

Related: Listings for 100s of classic rock tours

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-15-2020, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi, Elle,

If not germane, I apologize as it is a thread you created, but for his meet & greets: how many people attend like 50-60?

Thank you very much.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Hi, Elle,

If not germane, I apologize as it is a thread you created, but for his meet & greets: how many people attend like 50-60?

Thank you very much.
yup, in 2018 it was anywhere between 40-60, depending on the venue.

back in 2012, it was way less, like 20 or so per show, and was more relaxed, less professionally done.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, in 2018 it was anywhere between 40-60, depending on the venue.

back in 2012, it was way less, like 20 or so per show, and was more relaxed, less professionally done.
Wow, that's a lot of people. I guess now one will get to meet him with a glass shield between!

I did the Mick m & g in 2013 and the ops. manager couldn't control people from flocking to the merchandise stand outside the MGM Grand Garden to buy stuff for Mick to sign. I heard the ops manager tell a group to just put that away so nobody else sees you did pre-show shopping. I got a show poster which Mick signed
Old 04-15-2020, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey should be careful. No meet and greets and he shouldn’t touch anybody’s hands in the front rows.

If it weren’t important to debut his return in a live setting for the emotion and excitement, I would be planning a coronavirus concert for him in my head. The thing is, I would want him to have his small band with him. I wouldn’t want the concert to feature too many acoustic ballads. I would want it to rock a little. When Springsteen announced his concert, I begin to get a little jealous that we don’t have one,
Old 04-15-2020, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I doubt there will be meet and greets for the next year or two. Right?

Until there's a vaccine for this, I think it's going to keep rearing it's ugly head, and distancing is our lives until that moment. Even if people might be able to attend shows, I'll bet there will be spacing between available seating. For a 70yo guy, doing meet and greets would be dumb, as long as the virus is still active.

As a sound and lighting guy, I've read pros speculate that they think the touring industry might be dead until sometime next year.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey should do a live stream, solo acoustic or One Man Show-style. Yeah, the triumphant return to the stage would be a great moment of catharsis and very lucrative, but that’s not the moment we’re in. Realistically, that might be another year before that’s feasible. Why wait any longer? If he has a statement to make, he should make it now.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-16-2020, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I doubt there will be meet and greets for the next year or two. Right?

Until there's a vaccine for this, I think it's going to keep rearing it's ugly head, and distancing is our lives until that moment. Even if people might be able to attend shows, I'll bet there will be spacing between available seating. For a 70yo guy, doing meet and greets would be dumb, as long as the virus is still active.

As a sound and lighting guy, I've read pros speculate that they think the touring industry might be dead until sometime next year.
70 yr old with a pre-existing condition which puts him even more at risk, regardless of how well he feels at the moment