Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Atlanta OOTC video boot surfaced

seems like a whole (pretty crazy, complete with a guitar orgy and floor rolling) show, or at least most of it.

Lindsey Buckingham Live from Atlanta (1993)

Published on Apr 18, 2014

In 1993, Lindsey Buckingham and his band toured the United States to support his CD "Out of the Cradle". This video was shot at Lindsey's show in Atlanta, Georgia.

Here is the set list:

"Big Love"
"Don't Look Down"
"The Chain"
"Trouble"
"Tusk"
"You Do or You Don't"
"I'm So Afraid"
"This Nearly Was Mine"
"Street of Dreams"
"Never Going Back Again"
"All My Sorrows"
"Doing What I Can"
"This is the Time"
"Go Your Own Way"
"Save Me a Place"
"Eyes of the World"
"Soul Drifter"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-19-2014 at 10:37 PM..
Old 05-19-2014, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Doing What I Can and Save Me a Place

Has live versions of Doing What I Can and Save Me a Place (perhaps the only time captured live on video from that tour).
Old 05-20-2014, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Whole-e-crap!!!!!!

AWESOME!! I cannot wait to see this!!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm about halfway through it, but I LOVE this! What I would give if Lindsey would play Street of Dreams instead of NGBA.

Sigh...
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:22 PM
wondergirl9847
This message has been deleted by wondergirl9847.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
I'm about halfway through it, but I LOVE this! What I would give if Lindsey would play Street of Dreams instead of NGBA.
agree, it's a real treasure! as far as we know this is the only boot from OOTC tour, all the rest of it were professionally filmed shows for pbs, centerstage, or whatever.

makes you really regret not seeing this tour.

i even enjoyed that nice little soft acoustic duet Lindsey and Janet were doing on SMAP (and you all know how much i can't stand SMAP!)

actually several interesting interactions, between Lindsey and Janet especially, during the show. i think either he or she commented in some interview that things like those neck-to-neck guitar wars (or making love with guitars, however you want to call it ) while interesting when two guys do it, become a whole another thing when you have a guy and a girl doing that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at this show! This was the first time seeing Lindsey and I was so excited. I drove over 4 hours to Atlanta just for the show and it was well worth it. Still has to be the best show that I've ever been to. I remember Lindsey was very nervous I could see his hands shaking when he was speaking between songs. The SoundStage special had just broadcast and I was careful not to watch it too much so that I would be surprised but the concert was totally different than the TV special. It was so much looser and raw. After witnessing Big Love live I could have gone home happy but by the time he played I'm So Afraid, in the middle of the set, you would have to scraped me off the floor I was so blown away. Other honorable mentions were You Do Or You Don't and This Is The Time. Such a shame he doesn't play them anymore. Killer band - 5 guitars and the drums broke down to 3 sections. He was out to prove that he could rock and after the first few minutes there was no doubt. Such great memories - don't get any better than this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0006.jpg (93.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw him on this tour in Portland, OR at the Roseland Ballroom, a relatively small old vaudville theater. It was over-the-top crazy! I will never forget it. Because the floor had no seats, you could get very close to the stage. The wall of sound from the army of guitars almost overwhelming. Everyone was just estatic, because was such an usual experience. I recall the weather man I see on the local TV station standing next to me freaking out, saying something like "this is so ****ing awsome!' The energy in room was intense.

This being his first time touring solo, I don't think anyone had any idea of what he was going to do. It was epic, and one of the most unique and greatest show I've ever attended. Out of the Cradle has a lot of good songs on it, and he performed most of them.