The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What's your least favorite Christine song from the white album?
Over My Head 8 14.29%
Say You Love Me 3 5.36%
Sugar Daddy 21 37.50%
Warm Ways 24 42.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
There's no need to be embarassed about something you love. If we were all the same we'd have fu.ck all to talk about
hahaha thanks SS!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Warm Ways is way under appreciated. Its pure sonic valium... in a good way I've turned to this song when I want to completely chill. It has such soothing tones, and carries me away....every listen. Plus it's almost a complete hidden gem, whereas OMH & SYLM, while great songs, have been played! This is hard, but I vote for Sugar Daddy as my least favorite.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This one is a "none of the above" for me. Yeah, at one point in the mid-80s, even close to year Y2K, it would've been a toss-up between "Warm Ways" & "Sugar Daddy", but I've since grown to appreciate both a whole bunch.

I still can remember buying this album, getting home and slapping it on the turntable like it was about a year ago. I remember listening to "I'm So Afraid" for the first time, as the song faded out, tears were streaming down my cheeks. I listened through to the entire album about 10 times that evening. It was such a change from Heroes Are Hard To Find...I had the Buckingham Nicks album already, but I didn't expect that they'd have that much influence on Fleetwood Mac right from the get-go. I figured it would've taken them a couple of albums to settle in.

One experiment I did late in the evening was take the Buckingham Nicks album and Christine's songs from Heroes Are Hard To Find (except for "Bad Loser"), figured out a running order, then recorded them onto cassette. Damn if it didn't sound amazingly like that '75 album. Don't remember the exact order, since I LONG AGO lost that cassette...it was something along the lines of:

Side 1:
Don't Let Me Down Again
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Crying In The Night
Lola (My Love)
Come A Little Bit Closer
Stephanie

Side 2:
Long Distance Winner
Without A Leg To Stand On
Prove Your Love
Django
Races Are Run
Frozen Love

I couldn't wait to hear them live. I was blown away when I finally saw them in concert (as openers for Loggins & Messina and Faces).

Last edited by chiliD; 04-07-2011 at 07:01 PM..
Old 04-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I went with "Warm Ways." It's not unpleasant, but a little too much of a snooze.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
This one is a "none of the above" for me. Yeah, at one point in the mid-80s, even close to year Y2K, it would've been a toss-up between "Warm Ways" & "Sugar Daddy", but I've since grown to appreciate both a whole bunch.

I still can remember buying this album, getting home and slapping it on the turntable like it was about a year ago. I remember listening to "I'm So Afraid" for the first time, as the song faded out, tears were streaming down my cheeks. I listened through to the entire album about 10 times that evening. It was such a change from Heroes Are Hard To Find...I had the Buckingham Nicks album already, but I didn't expect that they'd have that much influence on Fleetwood Mac right from the get-go. I figured it would've taken them a couple of albums to settle in.

I couldn't wait to hear them live. I was blown away when I finally saw them in concert (as openers for Loggins & Messina and Faces).

wow.

ETA: That is beautiful.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-07-2011 at 09:27 PM..
Old 04-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

This is so hard!
I ended up choosing Warm Ways (I think - I sort of forgot already...). That's not saying I don't like it, though.
I love ALL of Christine's songs. This is like making me choose between my (non-existent) children. Eek.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Somebody voted for Say You Love Me? That's just plain wrong.

I just picked what first popped into my head... Sugar Daddy. On its own, it's a fun, catchy song, but as an album track it always seemed out of place to me.

Still love all these songs anyway.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for 'Warm ways'. I like Chris's vocal, just not the instruments.
I'm one of the few who like 'Sugar Daddy', but then I also like 'Homeward Bound', which similarly doesn't get much love on this board.

- Jake
Old 04-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sugar Daddy - just can't stand it!
Old 04-08-2011, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Like Steve said, "none of the above"

The only song I don't like off the white album is I'm So Afraid.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't dislike any of her songs here. Put another way, I love all of her songs here. Asking me which one is my least favorite would be like asking me which one of my children I love less. Not going to happen.

In fact, there isn't a weak song on the record. Same goes for Rumours. Two flawless records.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=chiliD;960910]T

One experiment I did late in the evening was take the Buckingham Nicks album and Christine's songs from Heroes Are Hard To Find (except for "Bad Loser"), figured out a running order, then recorded them onto cassette. Damn if it didn't sound amazingly like that '75 album.

Why no Bad Loser? It's my favorite song on Heroes!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So back in August for the favorite song contest, Warm Ways had 7, Sugar Daddy 8, Over My Head 11 and SYLM 21.

Will the songs that had the fewest votes on that contest reflect on this contest?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=aleuzzi;961176]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
T

One experiment I did late in the evening was take the Buckingham Nicks album and Christine's songs from Heroes Are Hard To Find (except for "Bad Loser"), figured out a running order, then recorded them onto cassette. Damn if it didn't sound amazingly like that '75 album.

Why no Bad Loser? It's my favorite song on Heroes!
Because "Bad Loser" musically had such a "Bob Welch" sound & feel, unlike any other Christine song. It's my fave Christine song on Heroes... as well.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=chiliD;961225]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Because "Bad Loser" musically had such a "Bob Welch" sound & feel, unlike any other Christine song. It's my fave Christine song on Heroes... as well.
Mine too........