The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bee, I get frustrated when I come into this thread and discover several deleted messages from you. It happens quite often. I mean really, why post so many statements you are going to get rid of? Sometimes I wish I had those mod powers so I could read what you wrote even after its glitter faded.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Well, now that I think of it, I believe Brooklyn and Queens technically ARE part of Long Island, though most people are referring to Nassau and Suffolk Counties when referring to LI.
Yeah, geographically, Queens and Brooklyn are on Long Island, but government-wise (and in general usage) they're not "part" of LI. Although people in Queens are far more likely to go shopping on LI than, say, people in Manhattan.

Jones Beach is in Nassau County (hence the complaints when that's the only "NY area" show by any band).
Old 02-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am the procrastination queen today. Back to work tomorrow after a week off. When I finished last Friday I was convinced that over half term I would be organised and get all my marking done. Has that happened? Of course not. I have had a lovely week off which has involved very little work. Today was supposed to be my marking day and it hasn't happened. Instead I have been:
  • eating
  • drinking copious amounts of tea
  • tumblr
  • browsing threads on here that I've read many times before
  • drooling over Lindsey in the photo thread
  • tumblr
  • eating some more
  • listening to FM/Stevie on repeat
  • cleaning (even though I hate cleaning)
  • more tea

Tomorrow I will regret this

Last edited by poetinmyheart; 02-19-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I am the procrastination queen today. Today was supposed to be my marking day and it hasn't happened. Instead I have been:

cleaning (even though I hate cleaning)
At leat you accomplished one thing that's productive.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Wow. When "Celebrities" are rude to you, they really do spit their dummies out of the pram when you refuse to stand for it. Apparently I'm condescending and profane because I told this so called Celebrity (through PM) that she had been rude for deleting a message I left within a discussion that she took a dislike to. I didn't mind the deleting, as I told her (The only reason she disliked was because it had the sh1t word in it, in reference to Justin Bieber. Fine. She doesn't enjoy bad language on her own wall. That's fair enough). What I did mind was the fact that she said nothing about it to me to say "Hey. I don't really like this on my wall. I'm going to remove it if that's okay. Thank you for understanding", rather leaving a rude comment on the wall after removing it. I told her straight that it was a rude thing to do and that there are ways and means of tackling the issue without being so hostile, but I'm now I'm on her naughty list and off of her friend's. Am I upset by this? Not particularly. I just find it funny how some so called "celebrities" use their status as a hall pass to be rude, ignorant to their own faults and downright unpleasant.
Maybe once a month, I will delete things from my wall, that friends have left there. I'm a reasonably private person, and when they post things that are too personal, or controversial, I will delete them. Actually, I usually leave them for a few hours, in case they're checking for responses, but will delete it soon.
I have friends who are extremely liberal, as well as friends who are extremely conservative, and I just try to be inoffensive to all. It's just how I am. I've never heard, "Oh, you deleted my comment", so my timing must be spot on!
Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Maybe once a month, I will delete things from my wall, that friends have left there. I'm a reasonably private person, and when they post things that are too personal, or controversial, I will delete them. Actually, I usually leave them for a few hours, in case they're checking for responses, but will delete it soon.
I have friends who are extremely liberal, as well as friends who are extremely conservative, and I just try to be inoffensive to all. It's just how I am. I've never heard, "Oh, you deleted my comment", so my timing must be spot on!
It's not the fact that deleted it. That I was okay with because then I found out why because they explained (albeit in a hostile manner). It's just the sheer rudeness with which they responded that got me. I can let a lot of things go. But needless rudeness and hostility isn't one of them.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's not the fact that deleted it. That I was okay with because then I found out why because they explained (albeit in a hostile manner). It's just the sheer rudeness with which they responded that got me. I can let a lot of things go. But needless rudeness and hostility isn't one of them.
I agree with that. And a couple of times that I've deleted things, I've messaged my friend, and explained why I deleted their comment.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with that. And a couple of times that I've deleted things, I've messaged my friend, and explained why I deleted their comment.
And I'm sure they appreciate it. It isn't much to ask, after all. Just a friendly acknowledgement that even though you've deleted a comment you still care what somebody has to say.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:55 AM
SuperFleetwood
This message has been deleted by SuperFleetwood.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Bee, I get frustrated when I come into this thread and discover several deleted messages from you. It happens quite often. I mean really, why post so many statements you are going to get rid of? Sometimes I wish I had those mod powers so I could read what you wrote even after its glitter faded.
Was talking about Facebook. But thanks for that... Sometimes I regret posts. I'm only human...

Last edited by Silver Springs; 02-20-2012 at 01:23 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was talking about Facebook. But thanks for that... Sometimes I regret posts. I'm only human...
I'm always curious about that, too. You and Super....delete A LOT of comments.

Really though, just making an observation...
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll see you Ledgies in 2 days. I'm off to Atlantic City!!!!!!

See you guys and gals

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 02-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I don't like what i post or how I word things, so i delete it! Sometimes I can be very nasty and very opinionated.

Quote:
I'm always curious about that, too. You and Super....delete A LOT of comments.

Really though, just making an observation...

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood

Last edited by SuperFleetwood; 02-20-2012 at 09:33 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Well, now that I think of it, I believe Brooklyn and Queens technically ARE part of Long Island, though most people are referring to Nassau and Suffolk Counties when referring to LI.
All I know is that students who come here for school from ANYWHERE in the NYC area refer to "The City" as if everyone in the world must know it's NEW YORK city they're referring to. Yeah, we don't really care about The City here.

Also of note: Many people think that NYC is close to every other city in New York State. No. the state is HUGE - Buffalo is a 7 hour drive from NYC, for example.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefox4000 View Post
I'll see you Ledgies in 2 days. I'm off to Atlantic City!!!!!!

See you guys and gals

Mick
Good luck Mick.have fun.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That I really enjoy work at the salon...but I get really nervous and anxious about it like EVERYDAY! I dont want to **** anyones hair up or do something wrong =\ I know its all about the learning process asking questions and stuff....but I feel like I'd annoy my boss if I asked her so many questions...

This week will probably be wicked busy since schools have this week off and the salon is doing some "hairpalooza" where you get a $7.99 haircut for new clients.

~Love, Caitlin~