Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart "Hollywood Dads" book

I was at Barnes & Noble today and was flipping through this book that came out very recently:

And guess who is in it? And how freaking adorable are his children? No words. They all appear to have his eyes and his youngest daughter is an absolute doll. He looks incredibly happy, youngish, and content. Leelee has her ears pierced.

I would have bought it just to scan the picture, but I was on a mission for work-related books so it has to wait. If someone else wants to scan it, that would be cool. It's probably the best picture I have seen of Lindsey in the past few years.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 05-16-2007 at 09:39 PM..
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice to hear Lindsey and kids are in it...but I just want to say what a wonderful picture of Micheal J Fox and co on the cover
Old 05-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard about this the other day. I am gonna swing by Borders today during my lunch hour and check it out.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I would have bought it just to scan the picture, but I was on a mission for work-related books so it has to wait. If someone else wants to scan it, that would be cool. It's probably the best picture I have seen of Lindsey in the past few years.
I'll wait for the pic
Old 05-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone have this photo to scan & post? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Old 05-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

#1LBFan: I will probably be able to scan this picture sometime next week. I am getting the book, but I had to take care of some work-related priorities. It's a gorgeous pic, so it will be worth the wait.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea, it is definately a beautiful photo. Leelee is really a cute little girl. Will is adorable with the gap in his teeth. They picked a really nice photo for the book.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
#1LBFan: I will probably be able to scan this picture sometime next week. I am getting the book, but I had to take care of some work-related priorities. It's a gorgeous pic, so it will be worth the wait.
Great, thanks.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you so much!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I happened to be at Books Inc today and saw the Hollywood Dads book and I had to pick it up and look for the pic.
Lindsey is absolutely beaming, and the children are beautiful.
Having said that, I think it is so sad that Stevie was never able to have children. I mean, she could have, but she truly did sacrifice that for the band, and, for herself too I suppose.
I remember reading the great Rolling Stone cover of them from Feb 1977, and Stevie sounded so adamant about having kids in the near future. She didnt seem set on a life in rock-n-roll, like it ended up. Stevie & Don Henley began dating in the summer of 76 I believe, and at that point, there was no way the band was going to put things on hold with the momentum they were building.
In the end Mick, Lindsey and John were able to have kids with their wives, but the ladies in Fleetwood Mac did indeed sacrifice that to the band.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somajoseph View Post
In the end Mick, Lindsey and John were able to have kids with their wives, but the ladies in Fleetwood Mac did indeed sacrifice that to the band.
Hmm, that's true, isn't it? That makes me kind of sad. I wonder if they both feel that it was worth it or if there are still regrets.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Hmm, that's true, isn't it? That makes me kind of sad. I wonder if they both feel that it was worth it or if there are still regrets.
The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
The thing I was thinking is that, if they had really wanted kids, they probably could have had them. It's not like they had any shortage of money or anything. Regular ladies quit there jobs, or work less, to take care of children - and famous people have children and hire extra people to take care of them so they can come with them during their careers. You know, the kids are there while they are working, with babysitters/nannys/etc.
So I can only imagine that children weren't as important to them. Not everyone likes children that much. Also, I think that is part of why Lori had a kid with Stevie's brother. I have the feeling that was more of an "arrangement" then a love affair. This is based on a few things I've heard, and my surmising, I'm not calling it a fact.
Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
I absolutely think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I was in some sense expecting a more sympathetic viewpoint, especially from another woman.
I think it was far more complicated than any of us can imagine. Perhaps another factor wasnt the band, but Henley himself. Maybe Stevie didnt want to have a baby without the full support of the father to be. And in fast life they were living at the time, I am sure any regrets were way after the fact.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Remember though, that the '70's wasn't the era of the 'superwoman', i.e. have a full blown successful career, while being a wife, mother, caretaker, etc and look uber-hot while doing it. Women who are career driven while being supermom is the norm now but it wasn't then. I can't help but wonder if Stevie has looked over at Sheryl Crow and thought "well f*ck, why didn't I think of that?!"

And that's interesting about Lori and Chris, I'd never heard that. Do you really think that there was an arrangement?
I do think there was an arrangement, of sorts. I've heard a few things.

You are right about the 70's chicks. But then there was the 80's. And even in the 70's famous chicks had kids. Even before, long time ago. That's why we have those books like "Mommie Dearest" and stuff. But seriously, I think the ladies could have worked it out if they had wanted to. It is very prevalent today, famous women having the babies, but it's not like there were no examples before, and not like our girls couldn't have thought of a way. There have always been nannies and stuff. Tina Turner and Diana Ross have bunches of kids, don't they?
I think part of Stevie's thing is that she quit drugs pretty late, almost in her 40's. Then she was on different drugs. lol. I dunno, I'm not saying they don't have regrets about it, but I'm not sure they are crushing, all consuming regrets. I'm mostly speaking for Stevie, I've never heard of Chris's opinion. Although, she was way less busy than Stevie, so if she wanted a child, I think she would have had one. Especially since she hates touring and stuff. I kinda think Chris would mostly do whatever she wanted.
You know, I'm sure they both felt they had a lot of other important things to do. Not putting thoughts in their brain, but if I had to choose kids or dancing across the stages of the world...that would be a short decision. I don't even dance across the stages of the world and I don't have kids.
Howevah, I wish they had had kids, cause I love them both, and would want some kind of genetic legacy...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -