Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Nothing Without You

After sitting here grooving to this song on the repeat for the past fifteen minutes, I thought I'd ask what the general feelings on it are. I admit that aside from a handful of songs, Time isn't an album I spend all that much time with but this song always stood out to me as a catchy, well-crafted pop/rock tune. Bekka's voice is awesome on it, the guitar part is rockin' and I love the harmony on the coda. Maybe because it's the song that got ME to pay more attention to this lineup even though I'm certainly no expert on this era, but I feel like this song crosses over well to the FM people were used to prior to this lineup, intentional or not. Definitely my favorite on Time.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
After sitting here grooving to this song on the repeat for the past fifteen minutes, I thought I'd ask what the general feelings on it are. I admit that aside from a handful of songs, Time isn't an album I spend all that much time with but this song always stood out to me as a catchy, well-crafted pop/rock tune. Bekka's voice is awesome on it, the guitar part is rockin' and I love the harmony on the coda. Maybe because it's the song that got ME to pay more attention to this lineup even though I'm certainly no expert on this era, but I feel like this song crosses over well to the FM people were used to prior to this lineup, intentional or not. Definitely my favorite on Time.
I like Fleetwood Mac's version, but I LOVE Delaney Bramlett's 1975 version, which can be heard on my website. (Shameless self-promotion, eh?)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love the song. Love the album. Love Bekka.

If you like what you hear there, you should check out Bekka's contributions to the Bekka and Billy album and also her out-of-print solo album What's In It For Me. You can DL some MP3s from both albums at my Billy-Burnette.com website (I'll jump on the shameless self-promotion bandwagon, too). Just go to the albums page, click on the album cover and then click on any song title. It will take you to a page with lyrics and links to MP3 downloads of select tracks.

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 12-31-2007 at 02:56 PM..
Old 01-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Love the song. Love the album. Love Bekka.

If you like what you hear there, you should check out Bekka's contributions to the Bekka and Billy album and also her out-of-print solo album What's In It For Me. You can DL some MP3s from both albums at my Billy-Burnette.com website (I'll jump on the shameless self-promotion bandwagon, too). Just go to the albums page, click on the album cover and then click on any song title. It will take you to a page with lyrics and links to MP3 downloads of select tracks.
Great site, Miss Vicky. I checked it out and although it's "unofficial" it looks better than most official websites. And I am resolved to get the "Bekka and Billy" album. (I thought "Time" would have worked better if they were the only songwriters/singers on it. Christine should have done a solo album, which she originally planned to do.)

One quibble: You didn't mention Burnette's contribution to C. McVie's 1984 solo album: he co-wrote, sang, and played on "So Excited." After the sessions, he joined her and her studio band on tour.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
One quibble: You didn't mention Burnette's contribution to C. McVie's 1984 solo album: he co-wrote, sang, and played on "So Excited." After the sessions, he joined her and her studio band on tour.

Thanks. You definitely need to get the Bekka and Billy cd; it's one of my favorite albums. Let me know if you have trouble finding a copy. It's been out of print for a long time, but I can hook you up with a cdr copy or upload the rest of it for you if you'd like.

As for Christine's album, I feel really stupid now.
I have that cd, why did I not know that Billy's on it??? Thanks for the heads up, though. I'll add it to the discography when I have time, probably this weekend.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Nothing Without You" always instantly reminds me of my days of training for my driver's license, because I played that tune a lot then.
It might even be my most played song from the Time album.