The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 02-05-2018, 05:01 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
No it was about the Nashville Floods and Watergate and Queen Elizabeth's marriage to The Duke of Edinburgh, and Princess Dianna.. and.....

C'mon Tony.. keep up...
It's about Harvey Weinstein's sock drawer.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-05-2018, 09:27 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think Lindsey at one time was difficult to work with, but if the Say You Will documentary is anything to go by, he walks on eggshells now around Stevie and I imagine is similarly careful not to upset Christine.
thank you! that was exact impression i had when watching DR doc - he was walking on eggshells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes, his surface demeanor seems to be more pleasant, but his carefully-crafted (and long-winded) speeches in interviews and at the mic tell another story:
where have you been the last 15 or so years?? haven't you heard any of his FM or BM speeches before? they are always ridiculously over-prepared. to me, that signals insecurity in speaking off the cuff while in front of audiences, and not much else.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-05-2018, 11:02 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It's about Harvey Weinstein's sock drawer.
It's about whatever makes me look GOOD!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-06-2018, 06:03 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Glad Stevie is accurately giving Christine her props. If Lindsey were saying this, he'd say, "Christine wanted me to help her..." or "I co-wrote most of those songs and didn't get credit." So annoying--and distorted.
Stevie is only putting Christine as the “band’s top songwriter” because she doesn’t want to give Lindsey any credit and she knows she’s also not the top songwriter. If I’m not the top songwriter, you’re not either. If we fall, we fall together, or something like that.

I clearly remember Stevie saying on Ken’s book how The Chain is really “her song” and she has to share profits with the rest of the band.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.

Last edited by button-lip : 02-06-2018 at 06:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-06-2018, 06:28 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I think Lindsey at one time was difficult to work with, but if the Say You Will documentary is anything to go by, he walks on eggshells now around Stevie and I imagine is similarly careful not to upset Christine.

I love Stevie, and honestly there are so many people relentlessly bashing her on the Ledge now that I'm hesitant to criticize her because I feel she's become a punching bag.... but unfortunately I believe that she thinks Lindsey is hard to work with at this point because she's unable to handle constructive criticism, no matter how tactfully given.

Exhibit A: how offended she is by Lindsey's mild suggestion that she keep her "you" and "she" consistent in "Thrown Down" - which is actually good advice, given in a non-confrontational manner. His manner is irrelevant, however. She's outraged that he presumed to criticize her lyrics, and feels personally attacked. She wants to work with a yes-man like Dave Stewart, who tells her lyrics like "What's faster than a fast car" and "What's deeper than a deep well" are brilliant.
Fortunately, Lindsey finally understood and gave up begging her for a new album. I think this is all in the past now, and I personally cant wait for a new BuckVie collaboration.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-06-2018, 06:58 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Fortunately, Lindsey finally understood and gave up begging her for a new album. I think this is all in the past now, and I personally cant wait for a new BuckVie collaboration.
I think youre spot on here.
I think he has given up on a new FMac album.....he went ahead with BuckVie,
and enjoyed the whole thing from studio to Tour.
Hes not too bothered if shes on board or not.....Her loss.
And as you say roll on new BuckVie ..I would not have said that 12 months ago.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:02 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,703
Default

[quote=elle;1220493
where have you been the last 15 or so years?? haven't you heard any of his FM or BM speeches before? they are always ridiculously over-prepared. to me, that signals insecurity in speaking off the cuff while in front of audiences, and not much else. [/QUOTE]

Oh, I've been watching them, but 15 years ago--or even six, no one was saying "Lindsey isn't a difficult bugger anymore." Back then it was just a given, now we have the new (BS) narrative.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh, I've been watching them, but 15 years ago--or even six, no one was saying "Lindsey isn't a difficult bugger anymore." Back then it was just a given, now we have the new (BS) narrative.
The only thing wrong with Lindsey is that he's not Christine.

There I said it.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-06-2018, 02:47 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh, I've been watching them, but 15 years ago--or even six, no one was saying "Lindsey isn't a difficult bugger anymore." Back then it was just a given, now we have the new (BS) narrative.
why get mad at Chris though? if that helps, it's not exactly new, Christine has been saying this basically since she came back - that he used to be very antisocial / socially awkward, completely focused and intense, while he's much more a "normal" complete person now. i guess therapy, yoga, family and having a life outside music does wonders for the man!

the only person who has been consistent in dumping on LB as far as working relationship goes (between of course saying how amazing he is ) is Stevie. and i think in her case, however much he may at times try to walk on eggshells to appease her, he also knows how to pull her strings as does she his. they are that type of exes that can never really be at peace with each other. so i can see that while everyone else might think he's just fantastic to work with (and let's face it, that's a long list, including Tom Petty, John Stewart, Trent Reznor, Richard Dashut, plus all those newer artists - but that's a bit different because those guys are already viewing him as a legend), Stevie may never get to have that experience.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-06-2018, 03:10 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why get mad at Chris though? if that helps, it's not exactly new, Christine has been saying this basically since she came back - that he used to be very antisocial / socially awkward, completely focused and intense, while he's much more a "normal" complete person now. i guess therapy, yoga, family and having a life outside music does wonders for the man!

the only person who has been consistent in dumping on LB as far as working relationship goes (between of course saying how amazing he is ) is Stevie. and i think in her case, however much he may at times try to walk on eggshells to appease her, he also knows how to pull her strings as does she his. they are that type of exes that can never really be at peace with each other. so i can see that while everyone else might think he's just fantastic to work with (and let's face it, that's a long list, including Tom Petty, John Stewart, Trent Reznor, Richard Dashut, plus all those newer artists - but that's a bit different because those guys are already viewing him as a legend), Stevie may never get to have that experience.
Im actually not mad at Chris, though I wish shed be a bit more assertive about her own songs.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-06-2018, 03:12 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The only thing wrong with Lindsey is that he's not Christine.

There I said it.
Touch! And agreed.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-06-2018, 04:19 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Im actually not mad at Chris, though I wish shed be a bit more assertive about her own songs.
I know what you mean. But, in listening to out takes and especially the White Album Deluxe.. you can hear what a powerhouse she is in the process.

I have a dancer friend, Gabriel, who is exactly like her. He will put on a show or direct a show and take no credit whatsoever. It's like he's making dinner and just goes about his business. Some artists just don't bloviate like Stevie and Lindsey.

They do the moment and move on.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-06-2018, 06:25 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 3,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thank you! that was exact impression i had when watching DR doc - he was walking on eggshells.
it's funny because all throughout the DR doc Stevie talks repeatedly about walking on eggshells around HIM.... the whole double album thing, and how nobody wants to say anything to him and upset him by saying they don't want the double album, and we want him to have all his dreams come true so everyone is tiptoeing around him.......

And truth be told, we have never been privy in any of the "making of" documentaries to how bad it really was between them in the studio. He was so miserable to her during Rumours but really more during Tusk. If you think they're gonna let you see that footage you're nuts. But it's there. He was often deliberately cruel and nasty and insulting and went out of his way to humiliate her in front of the band and recording crew. Even Richard has sort of acknowledged this in a very very careful vague sort of way, and Ken has talked about it, and even Carol in her book talks about how mocking and nasty he was to Stevie. Did she push his buttons too? Sure. But he really is much better at the nasty stuff than she is. So in DR her reluctance to totally open up to him and trust him with stuff is evident; their history makes her cautious. There's a scene where she's been at the mixing studio before him (Thrown Down I think) and he comes in and she says "I've been here about an hour and now you can just rip into it" and she says it trying to make a sort of joke but clearly expecting him to poop all over the mix she's worked on with Mark Needham. There's little clues all over that doc.

Let's suffice to say they tiptoe around each other.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-06-2018, 07:30 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it's funny because all throughout the DR doc Stevie talks repeatedly about walking on eggshells around HIM.... the whole double album thing, and how nobody wants to say anything to him and upset him by saying they don't want the double album, and we want him to have all his dreams come true so everyone is tiptoeing around him.......
she does, doesn't she? maybe that's why so many fans came out of watching that doc with the impression that he's being a huge a**hole. reading those fan reviews first, and then seeing the doc, i was stunned and couldn't understand what those people were seeing that i was not - because yes, my impression was exact one Nancy so nicely worded - he was so obviously walking on eggshells trying to appease her.

they are both tiptoeing around each other, at least from what we can glance in that DR doc - which was probably making them completely unhappy with the results of whatever work they did together, because each of them feels like they are trying to please the other and in the end both are unsatisfied with the results. the difference is - he is not actually saying it and you need to watch his reactions to see that he's mostly holding his tongue (dream-catcher scene? soo hilarious!) and trying to make her happy, while she's mostly being loud and passive aggressive about it, making it known to everyone how she's "sacrificing for his happiness" as you described above.

however in the scene with Lord-Algae (not Mark Needham) that you mention, she seems to be genuinely protective of Lindsey - because she knows Lord-Algae is her mixer, not his, and to me the way she said "now you rip into it" sounded like she's making it clear to Lord-Algae that he needs to listen to what LB may contribute.

definitely interesting dynamic, and obviously the one that doesn't work, the same as when they actually both say what they mean.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-06-2018, 07:42 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
she does, doesn't she? maybe that's why so many fans came out of watching that doc with the impression that he's being a huge a**hole. reading those fan reviews first, and then seeing the doc, i was stunned and couldn't understand what those people were seeing that i was not - because yes, my impression was exact one Nancy so nicely worded - he was so obviously walking on eggshells trying to appease her.

they are both tiptoeing around each other, at least from what we can glance in that DR doc - which was probably making them completely unhappy with the results of whatever work they did together, because each of them feels like they are trying to please the other and in the end both are unsatisfied with the results. the difference is - he is not actually saying it and you need to watch his reactions to see that he's mostly holding his tongue (dream-catcher scene? soo hilarious!) and trying to make her happy, while she's mostly being loud and passive aggressive about it, making it known to everyone how she's "sacrificing for his happiness" as you described above.

however in the scene with Lord-Algae (not Mark Needham) that you mention, she seems to be genuinely protective of Lindsey - because she knows Lord-Algae is her mixer, not his, and to me the way she said "now you rip into it" sounded like she's making it clear to Lord-Algae that he needs to listen to what LB may contribute.

definitely interesting dynamic, and obviously the one that doesn't work, the same as when they actually both say what they mean.
It's funny when you watch DR then BuckVie...
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks
$149.99
Star Trek TNG Mick Fleetwood autograph card Rare WoW Mac John McVie Stevie Nicks picturec1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER
$99.99
c1977 RUMOURS ERA FLEETWOOD MAC PROOF SHEET JOHN MCVIE & CURRY GRANT MID FINGER pictureWire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac
$20.0
Wire Photo Famed British Bassist John McVie of Fleetwood Mac pictureFLEETWOOD MAC ORIGINAL PHOTO Mac John Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks 1977 Band
$19.99
FLEETWOOD MAC ORIGINAL PHOTO Mac John Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks 1977 Band picture1992 Press Photo John McVie's Gotta Band with Lola Thomas - spp63244
$18.88
1992 Press Photo John McVie's Gotta Band with Lola Thomas - spp63244 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved