The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think probably to a large extent to the other band members, a permanent backdrop that has become part of no doubt the fabric of who we are certainly as players and artists, but also the effectual with what it did to us as people through that, the challenges of it, the sociological messes and joys that it brought, all of that are in these collection of songs known as the Rumours album. I think it was a little bit of, for me and John especially, in a way we had our, for us, it was a large tidal wave back in England with the beginnings of Fleetwood Mac in 1967, '68 with Peter Green, where we were the pop boys of certainly down in Australia and the Commonwealth, not over here really at all, apart from some boutique interest in the band, which was demonstrated later by certainly Carlos and people, and the Grateful Dead have definitely heard about the music that we made and apparently loved it.

Like, I get what he's trying to say because as has been pointed out, he's said all this before in terms of the story he's trying to tell.

But I'm sorry, this is even more garbled than usual and not even real words in some parts.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-10-2022 at 11:21 PM..
Old 02-11-2022, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree 100%.

Even though the old goat hates it, IDWK really helps the pace of Rumours. There's a reason it's a perfect album. SS would have made it NOT a perfect album. I've never even really thought about it before, but SS would have fit much better on Tusk!

And I HATE revisionist history. Bye bye, SS. You ain't on Rumours! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!
Mick has brainwashed you.
It should have replaced GYOW and you know it.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
During the 20th anniversary Mick revealed he almost gave their coke dealer album credit. Now that was something new. I think even casual fans have heard these stories a million times.
I think he mentioned it in his first book, too.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Mick’s style of telling a story always frustrates me—the stops, the starts, the swerves, the jumps. Good god, the man cannot express a coherent thought in spoken words.

That said, glad he referred to dropping SS in order to serve the dynamic of the record, as opposed to the bs “it was too long” explanation that was bandied about for years. RUMOURS needed (and still needs) IDWK in order to maintain the balance between “up” and slow tunes, as well as the masculine-feminine vocal presence. Sorry SS—you simply aren’t a part of the real RUMOURS. Your time would come 20 years later.
Your first part is truth. His STORY TELLING is absurd. He only morphed his story to fit the consensus that Rumours was perfect the way that it is. Back recording Rumours, SS the way that it was probably was too long for 10 tracks. Like all of his stories over the years, he changes like the wind. He flipped flopped 4 times on Lindsey's firing. Mick just tells people what they want to hear. Dont fall for it. Even if you disagree with his decision, it would be nice if he had balls to defend his decision with honesty.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Your first part is truth. His STORY TELLING is absurd. He only morphed his story to fit the consensus that Rumours was perfect the way that it is. Back recording Rumours, SS the way that it was probably was too long for 10 tracks. Like all of his stories over the years, he changes like the wind. He flipped flopped 4 times on Lindsey's firing. Mick just tells people what they want to hear. Dont fall for it. Even if you disagree with his decision, it would be nice if he had balls to defend his decision with honesty.
He and $tevie are both delusional people. The only difference is that Mick NEEDS the money, and he knows that Old I'm Not The Boss is his paycheck, so he must appease her at all costs. So he usually words everything to fall in her favor.

Balls? Wooden balls that go clickity clack are the only balls he has. What a loser...
Old 02-11-2022, 10:25 AM

I agree that SS doesn't belong on Rumours. The main reason being that it wasn't. I don't even like the studio version. I love the Dance version with the piano intro, the beautiful blend of the three voices, the great guitar, and the passion.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

wow this generated some interesting discussion - glad it landed in my google inbox so i could share!

parts that i find interesting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
https://www.gratefulweb.com/articles...-apple-music-1

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mick Fleetwood Tells Apple Music About Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham Joining The Group

--------------------------------------------------------------

and I sort of can maybe speak a little bit for Lindsey's and it was so well put, he said, "And then we didn't ever really, really deeply heal what had really happened to everyone.”

Mick Fleetwood Tells Apple Music About Stevie and Lindsey’s Ongoing Complicated Relationship

I'll just say it, especially for Stevie and Lindsey, I don't think certainly are not resolved fully, and I wish they were and I visualize those moments as the years trickle by somehow, but I truly, somewhat sadly think that that will go into the rainbow somewhere and never really change, but there you go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mick Fleetwood Tells Apple Music About Leaving “Silver Springs” Off The Album...

I think Stevie ... I'm pretty sure she got relegated, or would grab at one of the two, and she always requested, even down to the tours that we've done most recently would be, "Let Stevie have a go at the ... “ The list, usually with huge success. And we go like, "Yeah, that's cool." I'm thinking that she probably put this together. And of course, I think it was on this album, that one of the age-old, what's the ... Silver Springs, that didn't make it on the albums. Right? That wasn't much fun for me. I had to go and tell her.It was in the car park at the record plant in LA at that point. We used about three or four different studios, and we had to get out of the record plot. I wander around a bit, so excuse my lack of concentration. But I think when we left the record plot… Wallowing around in the abyss. So anyhow, I ended up in a car park having to tell young Stevie that ... A great song, and truly, truly, truly, truly, we were so intent on, at that point when you master an album, getting it to sound, and we simply couldn't, unless we sacrificed the level of the dynamic of the album, when you put the needle down, and we just felt something had to go, and then that was the song … But that song became legendary, but no doubt was really supposed to be part of this album. And it was a forever ... Like I was the Grim Reaper in the car park, that had to break the news, and Stevie's made me suffer inordinately ever since.
basically yes, they are talking about FM and Rumours, but there's a mention of Peter Green and Bob Welch, yet no peep about NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW band. isn't FM ever evolving band with new members? why not mention "current" ones if indeed they are current? oh wait, anyone who looks at FM legally knows better. there is no current FM!

also, sounds like SN is still firmly holding her grudge against LB since Mick right now talks about their relationship / them riding into the rainbow as they currently are.

and, anyone who glances over social media will tell you that Stevie cult has been successful in blaming everything that they don't like about FM or SN on Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey! he's such a "horrible guy" they've been managing to amplify and new people just coming into fandom or just hearing about FM or SN think that he's just horrible whereas Stevie is such a "feminist icon" and "innocent great fighter" for "strong women's rights" and it goes on and on. so the Silver Spring being off Rumours? and don't you know that big bad Lindsey cheated on poor innocent Stevie? and she got him with Dreams and Silver Springs? of course it was big bad Lindsey that did it to little poor innocent flower Stevie - taking Silver Springs off Rumours. oh it was because he was always "oh so jealous of her success".

so while the facts may be completely different, you could never tell if you are glancing at general social media. Stevie is a saint. and Lindsey is Grim Reaper. and Mick doesn't even exist.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-11-2022, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope Old I'm Not The Bo$$ holds her grudge FOREVER.

Because he has no business (N)ever going back (again).

The old goat ruined the band. I hope $he and Dick are happy.
Old 02-11-2022, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope Old I'm Not The Bo$$ holds her grudge FOREVER.

Because he has no business (N)ever going back (again).

The old goat ruined the band. I hope $he and Dick are happy.
I feel Mick is bored. Why does he always sound like he has a cold?
Old 02-11-2022, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow this generated some interesting discussion - glad it landed in my google inbox so i could share!

basically yes, they are talking about FM and Rumours, but there's a mention of Peter Green and Bob Welch, yet no peep about NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW band. isn't FM ever evolving band with new members? why not mention "current" ones if indeed they are current? oh wait, anyone who looks at FM legally knows better. there is no current FM!

also, sounds like SN is still firmly holding her grudge against LB since Mick right now talks about their relationship / them riding into the rainbow as they currently are.

and, anyone who glances over social media will tell you that Stevie cult has been successful in blaming everything that they don't like about FM or SN on Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey Lindsey! he's such a "horrible guy" they've been managing to amplify and new people just coming into fandom or just hearing about FM or SN think that he's just horrible whereas Stevie is such a "feminist icon" and "innocent great fighter" for "strong women's rights" and it goes on and on. so the Silver Spring being off Rumours? and don't you know that big bad Lindsey cheated on poor innocent Stevie? and she got him with Dreams and Silver Springs? of course it was big bad Lindsey that did it to little poor innocent flower Stevie - taking Silver Springs off Rumours. oh it was because he was always "oh so jealous of her success".

so while the facts may be completely different, you could never tell if you are glancing at general social media. Stevie is a saint. and Lindsey is Grim Reaper. and Mick doesn't even exist.
Social will say he told her what she couldn't wear, he made her feel she couldn't talk onstage, criticized her music, and was a "woman beater"
Old 02-11-2022, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do agree with the consensus that IDWTK flows better and sounds better on Rumours. I would just point out it sounds this way because of our comfort in knowing the song and its instantly identified as Rumours. Its a great song after The Chain.
However, if Rumours would have had Silver Springs instead, I would bet the same people would have said it was Rumours sound and could not imagine the album without it. We are all comfortable with things we know. Its all Monday Morning quarterbacking and second guessing after a huge success. Its impossible to do that. Lets be real most any song they did during this era would have sounded great. There were no duds back then. This band was on fire so much that it irked Lindsey to try something different.

Can you imagine that instead of Tusk a double album if it was Rumours. I imagine Silver Springs, Sleeping Angel, Think About Me and others in the Rumours sound.

I try to imagine that I never heard any of the songs before and put Rumours together with the songs they recorded. I seriously may have axed IDWTK and NGBA for Silver Springs. Those other 2 would have been fantastic Tusk additions. I am honest and not playing to comfort/consensus game that Mick is.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-11-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Old 02-11-2022, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I mean this in all sincerity, but maybe you should consider taking an extended break from social media.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2022, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

I mean this in all sincerity, but maybe you should consider taking an extended break from social media.
i always find it interesting that whenever someone hits a nerve people tend to go personal and advise to get off social media

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-11-2022, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i always find it interesting that whenever someone hits a nerve people tend to go personal and advise to get off social media
Okay, Elle. And, I guess you weren’t going personal in that joke thread?

I don’t care if people are TeamLindsey, Chiffonheads, Bluesers, or whatever. Everyone has an opinion. However, a rambling, unhinged rant about what one group of fans say on social media? Who cares? What’s the point in being THAT invested? What’s the point in being SO invested in it that you drag it into here? What does that accomplish?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2022, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
a rambling, unhinged rant
interesting.

Quote:
Who cares?
apparently, you care.

Quote:
[/B]What’s the point in being THAT invested? What’s the point in being SO invested in it that you drag it into here?
what are we doing here but rambling about our favorite band?

Quote:
drag it into here? What does that accomplish?
i am bringing up here what i noticed has been recent public FM band members characterization because it adds to our discussion.

yet, for some reason you are trying to shut it down and making it about me, not about characterization of FM members that's been lately building out there.