The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Now That We're Graduated...What Are Our Plans?

I know several of us graduate high school this year. What are your all's plans for next year?

I will be attending Western Kentucky University, studying music eduacation so that I can be a high school choral director. My former high school choir performed at our commencement with all of the senior, juniors and sophomores in the Ballard Choral program. I thought the performance was alright, but I thought I'd post the link so you all could watch us and tell me what you thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w6-6DESzqE

Also, I don't know if you all remember me talking about that special after school choral group that I was in, but some guy filmed a short documentary on us while we were rehearsing, so here's the link if you'd like to check us out~ It's actually kind of cool because you get to see a behind the scenes kind of look at us~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrBnl...eature=related

Last edited by Musicman408; 06-05-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Old 06-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
I know several of us graduate high school this year. What are your all's plans for next year?

I will be attending Western Kentucky University, studying music eduacation so that I can be a high school choral director. My former high school choir performed at our commencement with all of the senior, juniors and sophomores in the Ballard Choral program. I thought the performance was alright, but I thought I'd post the link so you all could watch us and tell me what you thought.

Western? You didn't like UK or Louisville?
Old 06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Western? You didn't like UK or Louisville?
Western's music school is absolutely amazing and the choral director there is fantastic. Not that UK and UofL aren't because they very much are, it's just that the philosophies are kind of different at UofL vs. Western.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

A gorgeous performance of this, the greatest of all English hymns, written by Robert Robinson in the mid 18th century -- a man who suffered greatly in his waning years -- & set to an American folk melody known as Nettleton. I'm so proud of Ethan & his chorale mates!

Here are clickable thumbnails of a very unusual, elegiac arrangement with a contemporary feel by Richard Walters.

Come, let us all sing together, here on the Ledge, & let the goodness of this place like a fetter bind our wandering hearts to one another!

Now let us enjoy the combined choruses at Brigham Young University, in an arrangement by Mack Wilberg:

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

jesus, a hilltopper? are you going to the bowling green campus? i'm sometimes down there to visit friends. maybe not so much anymore. Murray State's music dept is far superior to Western's, but please don't change your mind and go there.

best wishes.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
jesus, a hilltopper? are you going to the bowling green campus? i'm sometimes down there to visit friends. maybe not so much anymore. Murray State's music dept is far superior to Western's, but please don't change your mind and go there.

best wishes.
Well, I have worked with WKU's choral director many many times and he has many times said that he wants me down there. Plus, my choral director highly reccommends him, but he did also say that Murray is good as well. It's simply that I know the people over at Western. And even though you say they may not be as good, their choir is amazing. I hate to play the link card again, but check this out.... Amazing

http://www.wku.edu/Music/sing/MP3FIL...emembrance.MP3

As for you David, thank you very much. Our concert choir sounded even better singing that without the sophomores, because the younger girls' tone isn't quite as developed. But stilli am satisfied with it. Crazy to think that that is the last choral performance ever with the group that I was so dedicated to.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be going to Wellesley next year and studying English and Economics.
You're so like me
Old 06-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Also, I don't know if you all remember me talking about that special after school choral group that I was in, but some guy filmed a short documentary on us while we were rehearsing, so here's the link if you'd like to check us out~ It's actually kind of cool because you get to see a behind the scenes kind of look at us~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrBnl...eature=related
i like the christmas song you guys did~
so which one is you?~
Old 06-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post

best wishes.
Hi Diddle Diddle!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i like the christmas song you guys did~
so which one is you?~
It's a terrible shot, but I am the guy in the red at 25 seconds. I may be in there more...I think I am, but I think you'll be able to find me.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I graduated as well this year..Here's a picture
That gown made me look so fat...lol

I will be going to Johnson and Wales in Rhode Island for Culinary Arts

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time. Anyway, I graduated this year, too. I will be attending UC Berkeley to study psychology and either theatre or music.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
Wow, I haven't posted here in a long time. Anyway, I graduated this year, too. I will be attending UC Berkeley to study psychology and either theatre or music.
Congratulations! Getting in to Berkeley has always been very tough, but in very recent years it has been next to impossible. You must be a superb student!

I urge you to study music -- Beethoven will shine his everloving light down upon you & bestow blessings upon you.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Congratulations! Getting in to Berkeley has always been very tough, but in very recent years it has been next to impossible. You must be a superb student!

I urge you to study music -- Beethoven will shine his everloving light down upon you & bestow blessings upon you.
Thanks! I really feel like the admissions people made some kind of mistake in accepting me, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Caitlin, how lucky are you to have graduation outside!!!
I'm sure most of you guys do!!!

My administration is such hardasses, we have to have it in the gym, with 4000 people attending.!!

But anyways, best of luck to all you new graduates!!! I hope all of you do well in college, or any other choice you choose to make now that you're out of school....

two more years for me