User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Melbourne Show #1

Just got home and was as good as i expected, few small notes
Lindsey clearly is the star of this band! and the best moments were when the boys were on the stage! Oh well killed, So Afraid was incredible and really gave the audience a chance to see what a band they really are, as a group of musicians they are second to none! Stevie well was Stevie, and the audience ate it up! her vocals were a little painful at points but Gold Dust Woman was the highlight of the night! having seen Lindsey live 14 times i shouldn't have been surprised but his vocals were fantastic and his harmony's on Sara and Storms were amazing! Mick is a machine and some of his fills are incredible and John is the backbone of this band, some of his bass lines are so soulful without him Fleetwood Mac would in essence sound like ****! The audience around me shat me off, it's as if they had no clue how good Lindsey was! and this stupid little .....you get the rest, kept complaining to security about people standing up because she couldn't see... it's a rock concert you halfwit!
Say you love me was fantastic and was the best vocal by Stevie all night! Silver Springs was the encore, the standard set list for the year was played!

All in all a cracking show, and my first one down! 4 to go! ill report back tomorrow night!

Ryan
Old 12-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Excellent! I'm so glad you had a good time! cant wait to hear more!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds amazing! I can't wait to hear other reviews and to see pics and videos!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!!! And sooo jealous!!! haha

Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Just got home and was as good as i expected, few small notes
Lindsey clearly is the star of this band! and the best moments were when the boys were on the stage! Oh well killed, So Afraid was incredible and really gave the audience a chance to see what a band they really are, as a group of musicians they are second to none! Stevie well was Stevie, and the audience ate it up! her vocals were a little painful at points but Gold Dust Woman was the highlight of the night! having seen Lindsey live 14 times i shouldn't have been surprised but his vocals were fantastic and his harmony's on Sara and Storms were amazing! Mick is a machine and some of his fills are incredible and John is the backbone of this band, some of his bass lines are so soulful without him Fleetwood Mac would in essence sound like ****!

Ryan
Great review. I'm glad they still sound great and that the time off hasn't hurt them. Lindsey's vocals being good . . . that's not a compliment he got often during the SYW tour. I'm glad he keeps getting better.

Regarding SYLM, Don't Stop is an anthem. Any group can sing it. So, when the 4 of them did that song, it didn't seem as personally Christine's as Say You Love Me does. I really get sentimental thinking about it. Lovely tribute.

Michele
Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!, thanx for the review!!!~ glad you enjoyed the show~
Old 12-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Meowi
This message has been deleted by Meowi.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to hear you had an excellent time (well except for the girl complaining about people standing), man... do people expect a piano recital or something where you just sit there? I agree... It is a ROCK concert .. you are supposed to stand or dance ... not sit there like a bump on a log.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh Lord ... so jealous I don't have it all to look forward to again!
Glad you guys are having an awesome time, keep the reviews coming!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From the Daily Telegraph:

http://www.news.com.au/smokey-robins...-1225807880562

Fleetwood Mac drew rave reviews for their sold-out performance last Saturday and demand for the Tom Jones tour indicates that it will be another sellout.