Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Destiny Rules

I bought the documentary, watched it.
I really dug it.

I didn't know John had a daughter hahah.
But overall the thing was really good, I really enjoyed it
Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've had it for years, but just watched it again the other night. What really surprises me is how well overall Lindsey and Stevie got along. Especially how huggie, touchie feelie, and clique-ish they were Stevie's first day in the studio... all that grinning, and whispering to one another in the corners while listening to Stevie's tracks. All of this seems to defy Stevie's accusations the past couple of years that they fought like cats and dogs during the making of SYW, that she hated the songs, and that Lindsey treated her poorly. It seems like quite the opposite is true (sans the one fight about Chris Lord Alge, which I think was pretty tame). They all actually seemed to be having a pretty good time.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Destiny Rulers is the best music documentary I've ever seen! I love it!
It really shows them together and how it is in the studio etc...

Btw, it's my dad's favourite Fleetwood Mac documentary also He's always like, when I'm watching other Mac/Stevie dvd's, Hanna can we watch that one when they are in the studio and John is on the boat etc...lol

Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Registered

I watched this on VH1 in '04 or whenever. Does the DVD have significantly more footage than what I saw back then?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I watched this on VH1 in '04 or whenever. Does the DVD have significantly more footage than what I saw back then?
Did they play the actual doc or are you talking about the All Access?

The doc is definitely better and more detailed than All Access.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've had it for years, but just watched it again the other night. What really surprises me is how well overall Lindsey and Stevie got along. Especially how huggie, touchie feelie, and clique-ish they were Stevie's first day in the studio... all that grinning, and whispering to one another in the corners while listening to Stevie's tracks. All of this seems to defy Stevie's accusations the past couple of years that they fought like cats and dogs during the making of SYW, that she hated the songs, and that Lindsey treated her poorly. It seems like quite the opposite is true (sans the one fight about Chris Lord Alge, which I think was pretty tame). They all actually seemed to be having a pretty good time.
Right. The fight was tame - they were both saying the same thing at the end of it, they just weren't listening to each other. I love the way they were working together at Needham's studio too - when Stevie tells Lindsey it's "very hooky". Also, if you slow down the fast motion stuff in that studio, she draws on a tablet and shows him something and they laugh and she picks up her dog and puts it in his face when he's lying on the couch. Cute.

I think the whole "Come" issue may have been a bigger fight that we didn't get to see.

Last edited by CADreaming; 11-04-2009 at 07:43 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think the whole "Come" issue may have been a bigger fight that we didn't get to see.
Sorry, but this quote dragged my mind right into the gutter...!!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right. The fight was tame - they were both saying the same thing at the end of it, they just weren't listening to each other. I love the way they were working together at Needham's studio too - when Stevie tells Lindsey it's "very hooky". Also, if you slow down the fast motion stuff in that studio, she draws on a tablet and shows him something and they laugh and she picks up her dog and puts it in his face when he's lying on the couch. Cute.

I thought she said: "very cookie" -- and I just couldn't figure out if that was a good thing ("Sweet!") or bad ("cookie cutter"). "Hooky" makes more sense (though I wonder how Peter Hook feels 'bout that). To which track was she referring? EFO?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
But I do remember Stevie saying even then (a couple of years before she said she hated SYW in general) that while making it they would fight like school girls for two hours while discussing something that happened during Tusk.

I think they fought, but I don't think it was torture or lingering depression for anyone. I think Lindsey probably had to referee the same quality of fights between Will and LeeLee that he was participating in with Stevie.

Michele
Old 11-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I always wondered why Lindsey, Mick, and John had been working so many months on SYW before Stevie was working on it.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I always wondered why Lindsey, Mick, and John had been working so many months on SYW before Stevie was working on it.
From my understanding, John and Mick had been helping Lindsey with a solo album and by the time the band decided to make a record under Fleetwood Mac, most of Lindsey's tracks were already done.

I really do love Destiny Rules. I cry at the end every single time I watch it, while Lindsey and Stevie hold hands and walk on stage together... I always feel ridiculous when I get that sappy over it, but its just so heartwarming to see after watching the rest of the documentary.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Stevie was on tour. Michele
Old 11-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
From my understanding, John and Mick had been helping Lindsey with a solo album and by the time the band decided to make a record under Fleetwood Mac, most of Lindsey's tracks were already done.

I really do love Destiny Rules. I cry at the end every single time I watch it, while Lindsey and Stevie hold hands and walk on stage together... I always feel ridiculous when I get that sappy over it, but its just so heartwarming to see after watching the rest of the documentary.
i'm the same way~

i also loved the 'deleted' footage of john & lindsey passing the pipe around~
Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Registered

Quote:
Did they play the actual doc or are you talking about the All Access?

The doc is definitely better and more detailed than All Access.
I mean the documentary. VH1 aired "Destiny Rules", but I have no idea just how condensed/edited-for-TV it was (if it even was at all)
Old 11-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i'm the same way~

i also loved the 'deleted' footage of john & lindsey passing the pipe around~

...wait....what?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic