User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
That is great to hear. Did you take any photos at this show?
Got a few good shots which I will post once I finally return on Sunday. And, BTW, THANK YOU for all your help!!!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Got a few good shots which I will post once I finally return on Sunday. And, BTW, THANK YOU for all your help!!!!!
No problem! Enjoy and have a safe trip home! I am still kicking myself for not going. Hopefully next year.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

hi all

it's halloween, hope FM have some special treats for us tonite !!

talking about last night, enough has been said, they rocked.... i have not seen it mentioned, but one small observation...

at the close of the show, when mick 'introduces' everyone to the audience, i have noticed that in antrwerp, rotterdam, and paris that he introduced
STEPHANIE NICKS.... last night, as he was getting to mama's introduction i saw her mouth 'STEVIE' to him, and lo and behold he introduced STEVIE NICKS

just a bit of trivia.......
Old 10-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Awesome! They sound great and kudos to whomever filmed this. Good job.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
LOL - I love your signature - that's my new favorite ad-lib of Stevie's - "you say hey baby!"
Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
at the close of the show, when mick 'introduces' everyone to the audience, i have noticed that in antrwerp, rotterdam, and paris that he introduced
STEPHANIE NICKS.... last night, as he was getting to mama's introduction i saw her mouth 'STEVIE' to him, and lo and behold he introduced STEVIE NICKS

just a bit of trivia.......
Thanks for the info - isn't that weird? I mean, hasn't Mick been doing that like forever? It's just now bothering her?!

Stephanie..."Stevie"...all the same...all the same.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

(quote from Wayner)

He did that when I saw them here in the states, but I've also sensed from watching vids of that part of the show, that she's not too fond of him doing that, so her mouthing "Stevie" sorta confirms it.. I guess. I'm pretty sure he does it on the "Live in Boston" DVD as well. Haven't watched it in awhile. Not that she doesn't like her name, it's just that she's always been known in the music world, as 'Stevie Nicks'. (jmo) I love the name Stephanie, and always have.. long before I knew who she was. I do think the name, Stevie, is cute though.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post

You can see me at the front of the stage!
Old 10-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Thanks for the info - isn't that weird? I mean, hasn't Mick been doing that like forever? It's just now bothering her?!
I'd ignore her if I was him. That's the name your dad wanted, so just grin and bear it. Maybe she thought Mick forgot her name all together and wanted to make sure he didn't call her "Wanda."

Mchele
Old 10-31-2009, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
He said that they were happy for photographs to be taken, so I was very pleased with that.
Thanks for the great review. I love hearing that cameras are not only tolerated but welcome. No more trying to hide a Canon in my underwear.

Michele
Old 10-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love that always changing of Stand Back. Itīs really nice to see that Stevie can change it still, and everytime I hear the new "version" I think itīs better than the last one .

Bad view, but good sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtiB9ywCksY

I donīt know why, but perforamnces of Stand Back was always better with Fleetwood Mac than her solo. I think she puts lot more into it when she is with FM...

And the Unleashed versionS are great, I canīt say best to compare with all those tours since 1983, that canīt be compared. But itīs really awesome, itīs not that 80s disco or pop song (which I love too) but itīs great quick rock song, and I like that too very much. At least to compare with all those shows during tours since 2005 to 2008 itīs definitely best. I really thought that she will not change that... but she did . Thanks Stevie. Nice to know that you are still making something new.

Itīs interesting, because I didnīt mention any changes of all other songs in Unleashed setlist during tour. But this song changed few times.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!

Last edited by Matthew; 10-31-2009 at 05:03 PM..
Old 10-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the concert last night; my first ever Mac show.
I thought it was beyond awesome! I loved every minute. Having seen so many comments on here about Stevie not singing well at certain shows and looking unhappy I was ready to be disappointed by her and to have my dreams shattered a little.

But she was magical! She looked beautiful, radiant even. She sang very well and looked delighted to be there on stage. She interacted with the audience with good humour and was in turns flirty, fun and gracious.
She hypnotized me many years ago when I was a little schoolgirl and I'm so glad she didn't let me down last night.

Yes, Stevie still rocks!

What can I say about Lindsey that hasn't been said already. He is indeed a guitar god, Fleetwood mac's genius and maestro as Mick says at the end. He dominated the show from start to finish and deserves all the accolades he is getting.

Mick and John - watching them last night I fell in love with both!

I've seen some big gigs this year featuring many a megastar. This was, without question, the very BEST.

I'm debating whether I should go next Friday - I'd love to, I'm just afraid it might not be as perfect next time.

And, my added bonus was that I met Ledge legend David Mn. Truly a legend!
Also the lovely Gypsy Rhiannon and wonderful Tommer. Thanks guys for making a special evening even better!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmybroom View Post
Christine was in the audience for Mick Fleetwoods Blues Band concert in Canterbury this year. I spotted her arrive at the theatre whilst the Support band were on. I went outside the theatre for some air as it was stuffy in side. It was kind of dark outside but I noticed this woman pass by the front entrance. It was Chris, but before I realised who it was she went in the stage door. I met her on the way out after the show. I dashed outside quickly as soon as Mick bashed the last drum of the night. I seemed to be one of the first people to exit. I was very lucky to meet Christine as she was about to leave in a car. I ran over to the car and just asked if I could have an autograph. She said sure if your quick as she wants to leave before the crowds start exiting the theatre. I wasn't really ready as my albums were in my bag and my pen somewhere in there also! I scrambled about in there trying to find the pen! She was very warm, kind and patient with me. I was the only one that seemd to recognise her!? Eventually got my self sorted and she signed 2 albums and said Thanks to me and I gave her a hug and peck on the cheek. She was lovely and sweet. A VERY special moment. After that she was gone before anyone else noticed who it was. I was on a high from that meeting and then I went inside the theatre to meet Mick. He is just the nicest person ever. Again. so patient with everybody. A true gentleman.
How wonderful!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenC View Post
You can see me at the front of the stage!
**** me too! Haha
Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I love that always changing of Stand Back. Itīs really nice to see that Stevie can change it still, and everytime I hear the new "version" I think itīs better than the last one .

Bad view, but good sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtiB9ywCksY

I donīt know why, but perforamnces of Stand Back was always better with Fleetwood Mac than her solo. I think she puts lot more into it when she is with FM...

And the Unleashed versionS are great, I canīt say best to compare with all those tours since 1983, that canīt be compared. But itīs really awesome, itīs not that 80s disco or pop song (which I love too) but itīs great quick rock song, and I like that too very much. At least to compare with all those shows during tours since 2005 to 2008 itīs definitely best. I really thought that she will not change that... but she did . Thanks Stevie. Nice to know that you are still making something new.

Itīs interesting, because I didnīt mention any changes of all other songs in Unleashed setlist during tour. But this song changed few times.
I have Stand Back recorded from the front row. Unfortunately minus the first verse as I was too busy singing. The singing continues around me while i recorded...haha...notibly by Tommer and DavidMN..haha

It's uploading now so will link when it's up

OH and btw.. I have a ton of pictures to share... this is one of my faves

Photobucket