User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustmybroom View Post
I spotted her arrive at the theatre whilst the Support band were on. I went outside the theatre for some air as it was stuffy in side. It was kind of dark outside but I noticed this woman pass by the front entrance. It was Chris, but before I realised who it was she went in the stage door. I met her on the way out after the show. I dashed outside quickly as soon as Mick bashed the last drum of the night. I seemed to be one of the first people to exit. I was very lucky to meet Christine as she was about to leave in a car. I ran over to the car and just asked if I could have an autograph. She said sure if your quick as she wants to leave before the crowds start exiting the theatre.
That's beautiful. We knew she was there because we read about it later. I melt thinking about it.

Michele
Old 10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Ledgie

Me and my sister are about to leave to get the train there. I'm so excited, seeing them for the first time.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamtgallagher View Post
Me and my sister are about to leave to get the train there. I'm so excited, seeing them for the first time.
My first time was November 10,1979. 30 years ago! Have fun and be safe.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

spectacular show, y'all! "Silver Springs" is back and Mama is again singing like a bird. They really knocked it out tonight- definitely my favorite show so far in the uk and Ireland!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
spectacular show, y'all! "Silver Springs" is back and Mama is again singing like a bird. They really knocked it out tonight- definitely my favorite show so far in the uk and Ireland!
That is great to hear. Did you take any photos at this show?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One brief review:

Fleetwood Mac, Wembley Arena 30 Oct 2009

I was just a little tinker when Fleetwood Mac were notching up chart success in the late 1970s and early 80s when my parents were listening to the ‘Rumours‘ album.

But having obviously passed their good taste down to me, by the time I was 10 years old I was listening to ‘Albatross‘ and ‘Dreams‘ on my then industrial size Sony walkman whilst everyone else at school was being fed on a diet of Wham!

I’ve always liked The Mac, favourites being ‘Sara‘ and ‘Gypsy’ which sometimes transport me away from the hustle and bustle of a busy tube into my own little bohemian world, through the hypnotising vocals of Stevie Nicks.

And hypnotise she did tonight, as they performed at London’s Wembley Arena on their ‘Unleashed Tour’ which coincides with the recent release of their Greatest Hits album currently at No 6 in the UK Album Chart, although the band say new music is planned soon.

The Mac, who once comprised of five members until Christine McVie left in 1998 are now four, made up of Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Lindsay Buckingham and are back on the road for the first time in six years.

Having never seen them live before, tonight’s show was a crowd pleaser with old favourites such as ‘Rhiannon‘, ‘Big Love’, ‘The Chain’ and ‘Gypsy’ as well as a drum-based Tusk’ and ’Dreams‘ which made you just want to float off in the arena! Mick Fleetwood introduced ‘Second Hand News’ from the legendary ’Rumours’ album which I admit went over my head a bit..but luckily they drew me and most of the crowd who weren’t over 60 back in again with ‘Don’t Stop’..a foot tapping favourite for some in the crowd unlike my row who were up and giving it some!

But my personal highlights tonight were seeing Stevie Nicks performing ‘Sara’ in those bewitching dulcet ones which left me spellbound and meeting the band before the show, where I asked Stevie and Mick Fleetwood what they thought of appealing to younger audiences..

” It’s amazing to see people who have followed us since the beginning and then you look across the audience and there’s a whole new wave of followers who’s Mum’s and Dad’s probably listened to us. And with bands like Bat for Lashes who say they’re inspired by our older stuff, they invite a younger listener to seek out our music and it goes from there. We love that we have younger fans like you and hope that they continue to follow us with new material in the future“.

The Mac rocked it tonight!

http://www.showbiz-i.com/
Old 10-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Ledgie

I've just got back. It was so good. I'm really happy. I was worried that they weren't going to play Silver Springs, so I was ecstatic when they did.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about this show!!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post

I'm excited. Glad to hear they're top notch for London. They've only got to hold on for another week.

Michele
Old 10-31-2009, 03:23 AM
Ledgie

Last night in London was the most amazing concert experience I have had.

We had some luck in obtaining front row seats. There's nothing like watching 8,000 people fill up an arena behind you! But better news was yet to come as one of the road crew came out and asked us if we wouldn't mind standing for the show! So we positioned ourselves right on the stage - I was actually touching the stage's carpet! He said that they were happy for photographs to be taken, so I was very pleased with that.

The show itself was truly stunning with a performance to rival any band. We were standing on the Stevie's side of the stage and she was on great form. I have always been a fan of Lindsey's guitar playing, but he blew me away and when he came to our side of the stage for a long guitar solo, he stood right in front of me - his boots were 2 inches away from my hand!

This is the 4th time I have seen Fleetwood Mac and it's by far the best performance I have seen - the choice of songs was brilliant and the sound impressive. The strange thing about being at the very front of the audience is that you don't really hear the main crowd and get the atmosphere, so this was very much about watching the band from close quarters and enjoying the professionalism and performance.

A night to remember. I hope you like these pictures...

Old 10-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Ledgie

it pains me to say this, because I am a Scot, and I am hugely proud of how good Scottish crowds are, but this gig was 10 times better than the SECC.

Having not seen the band before, I thought perhaps Glasgow last week was the norm for a FM crowd, but Wembley last night took it up quite a notch.
The band looked like they were absolutely loving it and some of the reactions to the songs was immense.
I'm still buzzing now (or could that be the hangover?!).

Just incredible.

Please god someone have a bootleg of this concert - I could relive it again and again.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Ledgie

I took a friend of mine as close to the front of the arena as I could get for GYOW, about 8 rows back. I was taking pictures of Lindsey when she just pointed at the seating section over my shoulder. The place was going CRAZY. Every man woman and child was on their feet jumping around. I've been to see hundreds of bands at the 02 and Wembley and that was as good as I have seen.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 AM
Ledgie

The Chain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wewvY6vKuGQ
Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default It was Beautiful!

The Mac rocked Wembley! A totally beautiful and enchanting night. Lindsey is a guitar GOD! I would like to say a big hello to Romeo from The band The Magic Numbers. It was really great to meet you down the front and spending time chatting about the music we love. Hope to see you again some time. All the very best from Steve.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for sharing those great pics. It looks like it was an awesome time for sure.