User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I've never heard her mention JD Souther in her entire life.
No, Viv. You've never heard Stevie mention JD Souther in your entire life. Stevie's mentioned him. You just weren't with her enough. He's a big part of that whole southern cal of the 70's group.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
Thank you so much for the link

"I went out with John David Souther for a while, who is very, very, very male chauvinistic and very sweet and cute and wonderful but very Texas, and I found when I was with him, I didn’t mention Fleetwood Mac ever. It didn’t help my status with the man to bring up anything I did, so I didn’t. And then you start saying, "But I work too. I’m happening. I write songs, but you aren’t giving me a break."

um...

So he was a male chauvinist and seemingly didn't respect her work but he was really sweet and cute and wonderful at the same time??? Thats not even possible. LOL
Thank you for copying that part. My Blackberry Storm was running way too slow so I couldn't do it.
I can't figure out Stevie's logic either. I gave up a long time ago. Let's just say she is drama queen and likes to stretch the truth out.
Who knows maybe JD was blessed with some equipment that Stevie found very accommodating.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Let's just say she is drama queen and likes to stretch the truth out.
lol...yeah, but I think that part of her personality is kinda cute so its alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Who knows maybe JD was blessed with some equipment that Stevie found very accommodating.
hahahaha...could be. Still, he sounds waaaaaaay to complicated for my taste
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad we're somewhat back to what the original thread was about! Wow~ Who would've guessed it was JD Souther?
Old 11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
That was interesting. I guess from the tone of that article old JD won't be on Facebook anytime soon
This guy really got around. I found this on a site called bookrags.com
Souther has dated a variety of female singers and actresses including, Judee Sill, Linda Ronstadt, Judy Collins, Stevie Nicks and Kay Lenz.
One of my friends who was in the business back when says JD nearly got him divorced.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Hi...This Is What I Interpret As The "Sara" Story

Hi everyone...My name is Jim...I haven't been around in so long as I have my own website and have been working with my best friend from my showbiz days...my Beverly Hills neighbor, Lydia Cornell. Her book is done...and it was and is a very big deal. I'm so proud of her. From her "Too Close For Comfort Days" to playing a part in everything...her passion is now writing...as is mine...and we've been friends for almost 22 years. Anyway, my site is about Spirituality, Politics, Miracles, Recover and Blessings. The reason I wrote this piece is that I know some have contacted me but I've been busy freelancing and such as mentioned. BTW Lydia tells me a story about being at a Warren Zevon? sp? party and Stevie was in the basement...a little out of it...singing karaoke...Ah, to be a fly on the wall...

When I listen to the words of Sara, Goodbye Baby, Storms, When I See You Again...I think of the child Stevie always yearned for...or even maybe lost. Don Henley talks about "Sara" being his child that Stevie was carrying that she lost...she did say, "...yeah, it was about Don's House...and when he finished building it I moved in for a couple of years..." something very close to that effect. I remember her and Mick's ramblings about Sara...and he would roar into his driveway with one of his cars...And Stevie does say it's encompasses that whole, "TIMESPACE" of Rumors to Tusk...etc..

Here are some of the words from Sara...and some of the songs above that bring me to this conclusion...
Sara
"wait a minute, "baby" stay with me a while"
"...well there's a heartbeat...and it never really dies..."
"...but now it's gone...it doesn't matter anymore..."
"...it ALWAYS matters what for..."
I hear in these words the "baby's heartbeat, again...and that it never "really dies" and even though it's gone...and perhaps it was said that it "doesn't matter anymore"...she counters with, "it's ALWAYS matters what for..."
In her words of, "wait a minute baby, stay with me awhile..." I hear that literally...kind of like, "Sara...don't go..."

GoodBye Baby

"Don't take me to the Tower...and take my child away...
Twas I who was...the hourglass...and the sands of time...
Went shattering past...like a tunnel to the sea...
And I who went to sleep as 2 woke up as one...
Now only YOU remain..."

This sounds like she lost her child...and she didn't want to go to the Tower (maybe Cedars Sinai...a "tower" like hospital" and a womans figure is an hourglass...and the shattering glass that went past must have been pain...maybe she was put under anistesia and when she woke she was no longer with child...but with "YOU" the guy in her life.

"Goodbye Baby....I hope your hearts not broken...dont' forget about me...yes I was outspoken...you were with me all of the time...and I'll be with you one day..." The fact that she's always yearned for a daughter had been a feeling with her all of the time...now that she perhaps lost a child, Maybe she named her, Sara, like Don Henley said...and in her spirituality she prays the baby's heart isn't broken...or sad...and not to forget her...becasue she'll see her in Heaven...or On The Other Side...
Storms
"...as you slowly go away from me...this is ONLY ANOTHER DEATH..." Some say the lyric is "test" and not "death" I think it's death...and she lost the relationship with perhaps the father...or maybe just some guy...and to her it's, just only another, "sorrow for sorrow".

When I See You Again

Just the lines repeating, "what's the matter, baby?" She echoes this through out the song, "when I see you again" which is a lyric used in tons of her songs alone...maybe she was asking that to the child she lost while in her womb...

There are a ton more. I'm NOT saying Stevie aborted children...although Don Henley reported that Sara was his baby that they "aborted"...and even this weird interview before Timespace when Steve lived in on of the Encino places...she "burst into tears" blah blah blah...and cried, "...and those babies coundn't be born because of my career..." The interview sounds like a fraud...

Unless we hang with her for sometime...who knows? When I hear a Stevie song that I love and connect with it...and especially if I find the words pertain to me...and that I totally get it...as much as I dig Stevie and her 'funny little voice' the song's words and melody take me away into this twilight thing and I relate...understand...and think I really get the story...and that's what supposed to happen to a listener or a reader of great, great Story Tellers...like Stevie is.

And please...I hope you read this...you probably won't share the same interpretations...I just hope you don't knock me down and start jumping up and down...
Just saying...
God bless you all.
Jim
Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
brysondt, I know you think we're all so "serious" but there's been a history of people on the board that have come on and posted that they know something, or have something, but won't share. It leaves the rest of us wondering, well why did you post anything in the first place? If you're not like that then cool.
As for your thread idea, I'm sure there are plenty here who would enjoy it and read it, I've no clue though if you do really know Sara Fleetwood or how you know her. I'm a bit confused by it all tbh.
To be honest... I think its her daughter( am I right Bryson?)..so watch what you say...and don't be mean!
Old 11-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Certainly no resemblance, if Bryson is related to her.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Certainly no resemblance, if Bryson is related to her.
I'm not related to her, although we are conjoined at the hip it seems, haha. She's just like my adopted mom. It's all cool.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
I'm not related to her, although we are conjoined at the hip it seems, haha. She's just like my adopted mom. It's all cool.
I noticed on her facebook she has you listed as one of your children...just like an adopted one? How and when did you meet her? I love Sara( Fleetwood) and that's my favorite song ever of Stevie's.....
Old 12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Thank you very much for posting this interview! Did you take all that time to write out the whole interview too?

My favorite part was the last thing that Stevie said, which is the same thing I've been saying to everyone I know about myself and that is, " I'm always busy and I'm never bored."
Hi, Glad you like it. No the transcript was done by the TV network.