Jackknife Jump 0 0%
Knock Me Down 0 0%
Streamliner 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favorite Rick Vito miscellaneous song

Here's the multiple choice poll for your favorite Rick Vito Miscellaneous songs.

Multiple choice - limit yourself to around 4 choices.

Poll closes in 4 days on Friday.

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 11-15-2010 at 08:07 PM..
Old 11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know these.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My only question regarding these is...WERE these all recorded by Fleetwood Mac, or are we including solo tunes here, too? (which would be in conflict with the criteria established over on the Christine side of things)

Only ones I know that were recorded by Fleetwood Mac were "Walk Another Mile", "Intuition" and one that wasn't listed "Got No Home" (the best of the bunch!)

Rick's solo version of "Desiree'" had Stevie singing backgrounds, but that doesn't/shouldn't qualify it for "Fleetwood Mac" status.

And, these other tunes, all showed up on Rick's solo albums, but I have not seen/heard that any of them were recorded with Fleetwood Mac.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
My only question regarding these is...WERE these all recorded by Fleetwood Mac, or are we including solo tunes here, too? (which would be in conflict with the criteria established over on the Christine side of things)

Only ones I know that were recorded by Fleetwood Mac were "Walk Another Mile", "Intuition" and one that wasn't listed "Got No Home" (the best of the bunch!)

Rick's solo version of "Desiree'" had Stevie singing backgrounds, but that doesn't/shouldn't qualify it for "Fleetwood Mac" status.

And, these other tunes, all showed up on Rick's solo albums, but I have not seen/heard that any of them were recorded with Fleetwood Mac.
Let me try if I can explain this...
Rick's contributions were very small - only one album. So this extra battle/poll is for his extra songs. Now these songs won't be eligible for anything else beyond what this poll is. Where as the winner of Christine's songs, will continue on in the battle of the songs to compete against her other songs for Favorite Christine Song.

Confused? Basically this poll was something extra I decided to, didn't plan on doing. I'll do one for Welch, Stevie, Christine, and Lindsey and that's it!

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 11-17-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Old 11-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Let me try if I can explain this...
Rick's contributions were very small - only one album. So this extra battle/poll is for his extra songs. Now these songs won't be eligible for anything else beyond what this poll is. Where as the winner of Christine's songs, will continue on in the battle of the songs to compete against her other songs for Favorite Christine Song.

Confused? Basically this poll was something extra I decided to, didn't plan on doing. I'll do one for Welch, Stevie, Christine, and Lindsey and that's it!
Ok, I get that. BUT, what I'm asking is do we KNOW that all these "extra songs" were Rick's aborted attempts at submissions to Fleetwood Mac? (which is what we're basing this whole thing on, right? Since Rick has 7 solo albums and we're not taking those songs into consideration)... The only ones that are DEFINITELY Rick's EXTRA songs submitted to Fleetwood Mac were:

Walk Another Mile
Intuition
Got No Home

Those other "extra songs".....where did they come from?? Solo albums?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On the discussion thread a few days back, sjpdg proposed 10 songs, so I guess he/she knows. Nobody else raised any other songs or complaints, so those 10 were the ones I went with.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Poll update

The poll closes in 4 hours.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Winner Update

"Desiree" wins with 7 votes.
Closed Thread